Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2018, 12:22 PM   #16771 (permalink)
Who wants this dick?
 
Dharma & Greg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 36,502
Default

Aren't you the one trying to spoon feed us this **** with all that supposedly user friendly formatting?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin & Hobbes
To evaluate my character my immediate pleasure is being pitted against my future greed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
Dharma & Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 12:25 PM   #16772 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 11,171
Default

Quote:
Leave the authenticity to the artists, nobody's going to an underground show for the slight risk of dying in a fire, they're going to be a part of something exclusive and fresh.
In my teens and early twenties part of the excitement of the punk rock (and hip hop) scene was genuine danger.

Anyway, I think the family members of the fire victims in Oakland are just being vindictive calling for harsh, like decade(s) long, sentencing.

I actually think the parents of school shooting victims have more reason to insist that the principals be locked up. Especially since school is compulsory. But I never heard anyone say that.

At the Ghost Ship show everyone was there of their own free will and even though no one expects to diaf it was still an obviously somewhat dangerous scene.
__________________
2017 & 2018 Member of the Year Back2Back

experimental music on Spotify worth checking out

FREAK FIGHTER JOURNAL (Awarded 2018 Journal of the Year)

free jazz 2018 thread

Drone/Ambient Releases of 2018

OccultHawk Reviews Southern States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhanteimi View Post
There's probably some reasonable middle ground between Leave It to Beaver and being forced to suck your step-father's dick in the basement after your mom goes to work.
OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 12:34 PM   #16773 (permalink)
Your FBI Rep
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 29,494
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MERIT] View Post


I didn't realize that you guys were so frail and brittle and in need of coddling. Do you REALLY have to be spoon-fed EVERYTHING? You guys disappoint me so much and so often that it really makes me worry about you.
Okay, we'll coddle you and not criticize anything about your posts from here on out like you prefer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
In my teens and early twenties part of the excitement of the punk rock (and hip hop) scene was genuine danger.

Anyway, I think the family members of the fire victims in Oakland are just being vindictive calling for harsh, like decade(s) long, sentencing.

I actually think the parents of school shooting victims have more reason to insist that the principals be locked up. Especially since school is compulsory. But I never heard anyone say that.

At the Ghost Ship show everyone was there of their own free will and even though no one expects to diaf it was still an obviously somewhat dangerous scene.
So the audience is more to blame for the lethal conditions than the owners?
__________________
Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 12:48 PM   #16774 (permalink)
Girls,Cars,Guitars
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 8,905
Default

speaking of dangerous shows

(translated text from Sweedish Newspaper)

Quote:
The world-famous goth rock star Peter Murphy, 61, was thrown out by organizers from his concert at Nalen in Stockholm on Wednesday night. The rejection was preceded by throwing bottles from scene that injured a concert visitor in the face. When Murphy threw out, he ended up fighting with the guards.
Peter Murphy thrown out of own show in Sweden reportedly for throwing bottles at audience
__________________
Just another marketing ploy
Quote:
I've got a woman mean as she can be
sometimes I think, she's almost as mean as me
elphenor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 12:51 PM   #16775 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Aalborg
Posts: 7,641
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
speaking of dangerous shows

(translated text from Sweedish Newspaper)



Peter Murphy thrown out of own show in Sweden reportedly for throwing bottles at audience
Wow... what a dumbass. Glass bottles are kinda heavy and dangerous.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 12:52 PM   #16776 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
[MERIT]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 4,824
Default

I was at a concert back in '06, The Delicious Rox Festival. Someone in the crowd threw a glass bottle on stage and hit the drummer from American Headcharge. He chucked it back and accidentally hit a little girl, sending her to the hospital. Then the promoters shut the whole thing down a few minutes later. We all got fucked out of a great show.
[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 12:55 PM   #16777 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 11,171
Default

Quote:
So the audience is more to blame for the lethal conditions than the owners?
No but the audience chose to be there. I think in a scene like that everyone is responsible for their own safety.
__________________
2017 & 2018 Member of the Year Back2Back

experimental music on Spotify worth checking out

FREAK FIGHTER JOURNAL (Awarded 2018 Journal of the Year)

free jazz 2018 thread

Drone/Ambient Releases of 2018

OccultHawk Reviews Southern States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhanteimi View Post
There's probably some reasonable middle ground between Leave It to Beaver and being forced to suck your step-father's dick in the basement after your mom goes to work.
OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 12:56 PM   #16778 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Aalborg
Posts: 7,641
Default

That sounds like the same logic that fuels the "she shouldn't have worn revealing clothes if she didn't wanna get raped" argument.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 12:57 PM   #16779 (permalink)
Girls,Cars,Guitars
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 8,905
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
Wow... what a dumbass. Glass bottles are kinda heavy and dangerous.
part of me is like what a dick move

the other part of me is like

Make Punk Potentially Fatal Again

especially since he fought the guards afterwards that's just fantastic
__________________
Just another marketing ploy
Quote:
I've got a woman mean as she can be
sometimes I think, she's almost as mean as me
elphenor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 12:58 PM   #16780 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 11,171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MERIT] View Post
I was at a concert back in '06, The Delicious Rox Festival. Someone in the crowd threw a glass bottle on stage and hit the drummer from American Headcharge. He chucked it back and accidentally hit a little girl, sending her to the hospital. Then the promoters shut the whole thing down a few minutes later. We all got fucked out of a great show.
Why the **** was a little girl there?
__________________
2017 & 2018 Member of the Year Back2Back

experimental music on Spotify worth checking out

FREAK FIGHTER JOURNAL (Awarded 2018 Journal of the Year)

free jazz 2018 thread

Drone/Ambient Releases of 2018

OccultHawk Reviews Southern States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhanteimi View Post
There's probably some reasonable middle ground between Leave It to Beaver and being forced to suck your step-father's dick in the basement after your mom goes to work.
OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.