The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2019, 01:01 AM   #17601 (permalink)
Cuter Than Post Malone.
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 4,978
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharma & Greg View Post
You should have been disappointed when a goofy rap group said they were gonna do rock as much as a goofy rock group saying they're gonna do rap. Of course it was gonna suck. Seriously though Buzzcocks are a group you need to check out.
No, I enjoy Twiztid and I enjoyed a lot of the rock songs prior and even after and would argue that if Twiztid didn't paint their face and hang out with ICP they wouldn't be considered goofy. Actually, same with a handful of ICP songs.
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 01:08 AM   #17602 (permalink)
Cuter Than Post Malone.
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 4,978
Default

Actually, now that we're on the topic of juggalos ICP has this song called 'Steve Meets Abu' that would be up there in one of their better songs if it weren't for the fact that they seem to think that Islam was peaceful prior to America invading the middle east.

__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 01:16 AM   #17603 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 48,215
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
No, I enjoy Twiztid and I enjoyed a lot of the rock songs prior and even after and would argue that if Twiztid didn't paint their face and hang out with ICP they wouldn't be considered goofy. Actually, same with a handful of ICP songs.
No they're definitely goofy. Their basic persona is goofy. They don't have an album I've heard that isn't goofy. That's part of why I'll never dig them more than ICP. They embrace their goofiness to an extent but they still try to be something other than goofy while being totally goofy, while ICP embrace their goofiness to the hilt so their aesthetic is consistent whereas Twiztid try too hard. Their ****ing name is Twiztid. That's a ****ing goofy name. You can't call yourseld Twiztid and pretend you're not goofy.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 01:16 AM   #17604 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 48,215
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
Actually, now that we're on the topic of juggalos ICP has this song called 'Steve Meets Abu' that would be up there in one of their better songs if it weren't for the fact that they seem to think that Islam was peaceful prior to America invading the middle east.

100% goofy.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 01:27 AM   #17605 (permalink)
Cuter Than Post Malone.
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 4,978
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharma & Greg View Post
No they're definitely goofy. Their basic persona is goofy. They don't have an album I've heard that isn't goofy. That's part of why I'll never dig them more than ICP. They embrace their goofiness to an extent but they still try to be something other than goofy while being totally goofy, while ICP embrace their goofiness to the hilt so their aesthetic is consistent whereas Twiztid try too hard. Their ****ing name is Twiztid. That's a ****ing goofy name. You can't call yourseld Twiztid and pretend you're not goofy.
2 things wrong with this.

1. ICP don't see themselves as goofy and tried to claim that 'Miracles' would be praised if it were written by David Bowie. Sadly, as much as you want to see them as dudes that are in on the joke, they take them selves way more seriously than you think.

2. ICP came up with the name Twiztid.

Horrorcore always has a bit of cheese that most of the fans adore. To claim that ICP are more self aware of it thant Twizzler is laughable. Even then, Twizzler compared to most horrocore artists aren't nearly as cheesy. They definitely have goofiness and cheese but aren't nearly as deplorably cringey as you make them out to be. And I still maintain that a lot of their music wouldn't be viewed the way it is if people didn't listen with preconceived notions.
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 01:52 AM   #17606 (permalink)
Cuter Than Post Malone.
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 4,978
Default

IDK, there's something about horrorcore, aggrotech, numetal and trap that just has warm, homey, cheesiness to it that I like. I refer to them as my fast food genres. Can't help it.

And that is news that perhaps some can't believe. It's relevant to the topic.
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 01:56 AM   #17607 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 48,215
Default

No Twiztid are just as cheesy as anyone and if you can't see that then you're just a juggalo dimwit. Period. Deal with it. And ICP have their ego issues but in the end they still know they're dumb and aren't ashamed of it. If they were completely aware of how dumb they were then they probably wouldn't be as dumb as they are but they're aware enough to capitalize on their stupidity in a way that basically no one else does. And most importantly when they were still a good group they were totally aware.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 01:57 AM   #17608 (permalink)
.
 
grindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: .
Posts: 7,201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharma & Greg View Post
No they're definitely goofy. Their basic persona is goofy. They don't have an album I've heard that isn't goofy. That's part of why I'll never dig them more than ICP. They embrace their goofiness to an extent but they still try to be something other than goofy while being totally goofy, while ICP embrace their goofiness to the hilt so their aesthetic is consistent whereas Twiztid try too hard. Their ****ing name is Twiztid. That's a ****ing goofy name. You can't call yourseld Twiztid and pretend you're not goofy.
You should try liking music for the music. It's fun
__________________
A smell of petroleum prevails throughout.
grindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 02:09 AM   #17609 (permalink)
Cuter Than Post Malone.
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 4,978
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharma & Greg View Post
No Twiztid are just as cheesy as anyone and if you can't see that then you're just a juggalo dimwit. Period. Deal with it. And ICP have their ego issues but in the end they still know they're dumb and aren't ashamed of it. If they were completely aware of how dumb they were then they probably wouldn't be as dumb as they are but they're aware enough to capitalize on their stupidity in a way that basically no one else does. And most importantly when they were still a good group they were totally aware.
If you saying that Twiztid is just as cheesy as anyone is you acknowledging that some of the artists that the pretentious music nerds jerk off to are as cheesy as Twiztid are I'll agree. I'll never deny that they have goofiness. Just not enough to warrant the reaction they garner. They're doing poppy metalcore songs about a decade late and that in it's self is gross. But to say they are as cheesy as ICP or SickTanick or Scum or anybody else in the genre is a farce. A clear bias from somebody with the wrong expectations. It seems more like you're disappointed when they aren't goofy because that's what you look to them for.

You're still giving ICP more credit than they deserve. Yeah, they self deprecate at times but when they wanted to sound smart they actually thought they were being smart. I think your real love of ICP comes from the fact that you're a comic book nerd and ICP's music and lore, especially back in the day, plays out like a comic book .

Edit: Okay, I decided to kill the rest of this box of saddleback too.
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 02:24 AM   #17610 (permalink)
.
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4,007
Default

Obese American passenger who made Taiwanese flight attendants wipe his butt dies in Thailand

"Taiwanese flight attendants will no longer have to worry about wiping the butt of one obese American passenger after he passed away in Thailand last month..."
rostasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2024 Advameg, Inc.