The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2019, 07:30 AM   #18021 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 22,033
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
I thought Mr. Miyagi was supposed to be wise.

BTW Asians aren't animals.
Are they plants, fungi, microbial, alien, or other?
__________________

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 08:01 AM   #18022 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 22,033
Default

Vox Headline:

Extremely Blonde and Disturbingly Young: The Anatomy of a Leonardo DiCaprio Relationship

She’s 21. Legal adult. 3 years past the age of consent.

Ftr, 8 is disturbingly young. Not 21. 21 is completely normal and she has the right to **** old movie stars or any other adult she wants to ****. It’s only disturbing to puritanical bigots.
__________________

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 08:03 AM   #18023 (permalink)
Certified H00d Classic
 
Anteater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bernie Sanders's yacht
Posts: 6,129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
I thought Mr. Miyagi was supposed to be wise.

BTW Asians aren't animals.
I don't think you have to be a magical Asian karate master to realize that, no, Asians aren't literally animals my broheim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Vox Headline:

Extremely Blonde and Disturbingly Young: The Anatomy of a Leonardo DiCaprio Relationship

She’s 21. Legal adult. 3 years past the age of consent.

Ftr, 8 is disturbingly young. Not 21. 21 is completely normal and she has the right to **** old movie stars or any other adult she wants to ****. It’s only disturbing to puritanical bigots.
I saw that **** as a Vice story on a friend's FB feed. When did all these normally journalistic-oriented outlets suddenly go full TMZ?
__________________
Anteater's 21 Fav Albums Of 2020

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 08:04 AM   #18024 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: The Black Country
Posts: 8,827
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post


Bad look for Medusa Blondie.
Such lovely people aren't they?

"Nazi" and "fascist" lol, strong words that have just completely lost their impact due to overuse by cowards who cannot back it up.
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 08:23 AM   #18025 (permalink)
Aficionado of Fine Filth
 
Psy-Fi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: You don't want to look in there.
Posts: 6,788
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluff View Post
Such lovely people aren't they?

"Nazi" and "fascist" lol, strong words that have just completely lost their impact due to overuse by cowards who cannot back it up.
They were overused and abused even before any of us here were born. You can probably also add "racist" to the list at this point in time.

George Orwell: What is Fascism?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
A middle class job sounds like a boring menu option at a brothel

She's a Brick House
Psy-Fi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 09:08 AM   #18026 (permalink)
SOPHIE FOREVER
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 35,548
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluff View Post
Such lovely people aren't they?

"Nazi" and "fascist" lol, strong words that have just completely lost their impact due to overuse by cowards who cannot back it up.
I bet you didn't ask them. Would you like a quick rundown?
__________________
Studies show that when a given norm is changed in the face of the unchanging, the remaining contradictions will parallel the truth.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 09:26 AM   #18027 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: The Black Country
Posts: 8,827
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
I bet you didn't ask them. Would you like a quick rundown?
It's just standard procedure, shout fascist/racist/Nazi and beat chest in victory because you're a good guy apparently. But yes go for it explain to me how the guy who got milkshaked is a Nazi.
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 09:39 AM   #18028 (permalink)
SOPHIE FOREVER
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 35,548
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluff View Post
It's just standard procedure, shout fascist/racist/Nazi and beat chest in victory because you're a good guy apparently. But yes go for it explain to me how the guy who got milkshaked is a Nazi.
Trump supporters are generally fascist because they support the authoritarian expansion of the executive office, subscribe to nationalism to the point where you think they're compensating for something, and demonize opposing views. This obviously goes for many other Americans, but it stands out with Trump supporters because of their immigration stances being driven by white paranoia over losing majority in America.

The claim that overusing a word takes away its meaning is bull****. If you're genuinely losing your understanding of fascism because someone is using the term in a way that you don't agree with, then that's on you.
__________________
Studies show that when a given norm is changed in the face of the unchanging, the remaining contradictions will parallel the truth.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 09:46 AM   #18029 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 22,033
Default

Not just fascist though, that woman was screaming “Nazi” in his face.
__________________

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 09:47 AM   #18030 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: The Black Country
Posts: 8,827
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Trump supporters are generally fascist because they support the authoritarian expansion of the executive office, subscribe to nationalism to the point where you think they're compensating for something, and demonize opposing views. This obviously goes for many other Americans, but it stands out with Trump supporters because of their immigration stances being driven by white paranoia over losing majority in America.

The claim that overusing a word takes away its meaning is bull****. If you're genuinely losing your understanding of fascism because someone is using the term in a way that you don't agree with, then that's on you.
That doesn't explain how the guy in the video is a Nazi.
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2024 Advameg, Inc.