The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2016, 02:11 PM   #4511 (permalink)
.
 
grindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: .
Posts: 7,201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle View Post
I think you lack compassion, empathy and common decency if you don't support Men's rights. I guess it depends on your own personal beliefs on equality.
Rights-shmights.
I don't support whiny, hypocritical, self-righteous *******s and therefore do not support MRAs, feminists, liberals, conservatives etc.
__________________
A smell of petroleum prevails throughout.
grindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 02:16 PM   #4512 (permalink)
the worst guy
 
Goofle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Miami is the place
Posts: 11,610
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Rights-shmights.
I don't support whiny, hypocritical, self-righteous *******s and therefore do not support MRAs, feminists, liberals, conservatives etc.
Men's rights is what it is. Advocating for the rights of Men. What else is it supposed to be called? Just because you find distateful elements within that movement (though I haven't really come across it myself) doesn't mean the purpose of the movement isn't valid.

Feminism is different because it's an ideology. You would be hard pressed to argue against somebody who considered themselves a Women's Rights Activist, because there's no ideology behind that. Simply the advocacy of rights.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 02:17 PM   #4513 (permalink)
SOPHIE FOREVER
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 35,548
Default

Lol Strawman much?

I support feminism and men's rights but I don't support most feminists and mras.
__________________
Studies show that when a given norm is changed in the face of the unchanging, the remaining contradictions will parallel the truth.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 02:19 PM   #4514 (permalink)
OQB
 
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Frownland
Posts: 8,832
Default

Sometimes I forget which Trump avi is which and I read Goofle's and Frownland's posts as if they came from the opposite one. Quite amusing, I must say.
__________________
Music Blog / RYM / Last.fm / Qwertyy's Journal of Music Reviews and Other Assorted Ramblings

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm not even mad. Seriously I'm not. You're a good dude, and I think and hope you'll become something good
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 02:20 PM   #4515 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 48,216
Default

Why couldn't the MRAs have taken JWB? I could handle him being "that way". It might even make him better. But this **** is just depressing.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 02:20 PM   #4516 (permalink)
OQB
 
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Frownland
Posts: 8,832
Default

Also I support the rights of no one because you're all worthless pieces of **** and when you die no one will remember you.
__________________
Music Blog / RYM / Last.fm / Qwertyy's Journal of Music Reviews and Other Assorted Ramblings

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm not even mad. Seriously I'm not. You're a good dude, and I think and hope you'll become something good
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 02:21 PM   #4517 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 48,216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyy View Post
Also I support the rights of no one because you're all worthless pieces of **** and when you die no one will remember you.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 02:21 PM   #4518 (permalink)
.
 
grindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: .
Posts: 7,201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle View Post
Men's rights is what it is. Advocating for the rights of Men. What else is it supposed to be called? Just because you find distateful elements within that movement (though I haven't really come across it myself) doesn't mean the purpose of the movement isn't valid.

Feminism is different because it's an ideology. You would be hard pressed to argue against somebody who considered themselves a Women's Rights Activist, because there's no ideology behind that. Simply the advocacy of rights.
They are all ideologies.
**** those.
__________________
A smell of petroleum prevails throughout.
grindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 02:21 PM   #4519 (permalink)
the worst guy
 
Goofle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Miami is the place
Posts: 11,610
Default

Not a strawman at all. It's a completely different type of movement. Women's Rights is already a movement in itself, and I completely support any effort to give Women equal rights where they do not have them.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 02:22 PM   #4520 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 48,216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
They are all ideologies.
**** those.
^
People who believe in things suck ass compared to people who just believe things.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2024 Advameg, Inc.