The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2017, 11:58 AM   #5331 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 48,216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
People like to speak for muslim women consistently about what they are wearing and how oppressive their religious garb is. I think it's bull**** and if they didn't want to wear it then they wouldn't.

They should be able to wear whatever they want and if they choose to wear burqas then who are we with our Western ideals to say otherwise.

The only reason I slightly agree with any sort of ban like that is because of the whole not being able to wear masks in public even though they should be the exception for religious reasons. I do understand why those bans get put in place just like you aren't allowed to walk around with a ski mask/Guy Fawkes mask in certain areas. You also aren't allowed to rock KKK hoods everywhere only unless it's part of a parade but that's the same for other parades as well.
The whole reason this site exists is because people are too lazy, indifferent, and stupid to expand their mind past their shallow cultural conditioning. But of course women are exempt from this.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 12:04 PM   #5332 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: The Black Country
Posts: 8,827
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
People like to speak for muslim women consistently about what they are wearing and how oppressive their religious garb is. I think it's bull**** and if they didn't want to wear it then they wouldn't.

They should be able to wear whatever they want and if they choose to wear burqas then who are we with our Western ideals to say otherwise.

The only reason I slightly agree with any sort of ban like that is because of the whole not being able to wear masks in public even though they should be the exception for religious reasons. I do understand why those bans get put in place just like you aren't allowed to walk around with a ski mask/Guy Fawkes mask in certain areas. You also aren't allowed to rock KKK hoods everywhere only unless it's part of a parade but that's the same for other parades as well.
Our country our rules. If there was a referendum tomorrow on public face coverings I'd vote to ban them.
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 12:08 PM   #5333 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,455
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man like Monkey View Post
Our country our rules. If there was a referendum tomorrow on public face coverings I'd vote to ban them.
Does it bother/interrupt your daily life? Why does it concern you?
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 12:10 PM   #5334 (permalink)
SOPHIE FOREVER
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 35,548
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man like Monkey View Post
Our country our rules.
I'll take weak arguments that people use when they can't justify their ****ty opinions for $200 Alex.
__________________
Studies show that when a given norm is changed in the face of the unchanging, the remaining contradictions will parallel the truth.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 12:58 PM   #5335 (permalink)
Born to be mild
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 404 Not Found
Posts: 26,971
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man like Monkey View Post
I definitely agree with the burqa ban.
What about the burger ban?
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I don't think America should do it but I do think China has a right to be China. If they don't want that **** in their country good on 'em.
Why China, one of the countries with the worst record on human rights? Why have they the right to tell people how to dress, or how to worship? And when you say "reject Islam", are you talking about the religion or the militants?
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 01:46 PM   #5336 (permalink)
the worst guy
 
Goofle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Miami is the place
Posts: 11,610
Default

People should be able to wear whatever they want. The only issue with the Burka is crime related due to concealed identity. But that's a toughie.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 02:04 PM   #5337 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 22,033
Default

Quote:
Why China, one of the countries with the worst record on human rights? Why have they the right to tell people how to dress, or how to worship? And when you say "reject Islam", are you talking about the religion or the militants?
Because it's none of our business what China decides to tolerate inside their own borders. We don't have any right to push our cultural values on them. They don't value freedom of religion. That's none of our business.

I'm talking about the religion.
OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 02:31 PM   #5338 (permalink)
Born to be mild
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 404 Not Found
Posts: 26,971
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Because it's none of our business what China decides to tolerate inside their own borders. We don't have any right to push our cultural values on them. They don't value freedom of religion. That's none of our business.

I'm talking about the religion.
So if it was India, or England, or France, or Africa you'd feel the same? It's odd: it just seems as if you're giving them props for intolerance. You could say it's none of our business what anyone outside your own country does, but surely that's a very narrow view? Someone gets persecuted in a foreign country: none of our business? Ethnic cleansing outside our own borders: none of our business? Genocide in a country other than ours: none of our business? I just want to be clear, is that what you're proposing?
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 02:57 PM   #5339 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: The Black Country
Posts: 8,827
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
I think it's bull**** and if they didn't want to wear it then they wouldn't.
Do you genuinely believe this?
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 03:08 PM   #5340 (permalink)
Born to be mild
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 404 Not Found
Posts: 26,971
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Except for the acid in your grill.
What does this mean?
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2024 Advameg, Inc.