The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2017, 04:38 PM   #5781 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 22,033
Default

If it's so abhorrent to point out negative truths why do we easily acknowledge positive truths? Is one less true than the other based on how it makes you feel?
OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 04:40 PM   #5782 (permalink)
SOPHIE FOREVER
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 35,548
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
If it's so abhorrent to point out negative truths why do we easily acknowledge positive truths? Is one less true than the other based on how it makes you feel?
They're true on a case by case basis. For example: thinking Chinese New Year parties are nice is an opinion so it is neither true nor false...
__________________
Studies show that when a given norm is changed in the face of the unchanging, the remaining contradictions will parallel the truth.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 04:46 PM   #5783 (permalink)
Born to be mild
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 404 Not Found
Posts: 26,971
Default

Sigh...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I wonder, does the word "manipulation" mean anything to you? Or "exploitation"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
What in the name of the great lord **** are you talking about??

Also, nice of you to conveniently ignore my question. I suppose we should no longer be surprised at your cherry-picking facts and things you want to see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
If it's so abhorrent to point out negative truths why do we easily acknowledge positive truths? Is one less true than the other based on how it makes you feel?
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 04:53 PM   #5784 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 22,033
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
They're true on a case by case basis. For example: thinking Chinese New Year parties are nice is an opinion so it is neither true nor false...
Ok. Great. Filling 15 year old girls up with nails being bad is also just an opinion. I didn't realize we needed to establish this. Can we agree that this incident in Manchester was bad or is do you have a problem with that as a foundation for this discussion?
OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 04:54 PM   #5785 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 22,033
Default

TH WTF is your goddamn question?
OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 04:58 PM   #5786 (permalink)
Born to be mild
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 404 Not Found
Posts: 26,971
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
TH WTF is your goddamn question?
You've missed it twice. Excuse me for shouting, you must be deaf.

DOES THE WORD "MANIPULATION" MEAN ANYTHING TO YOU? OR "EXPLOITATION"?

Clear enough? Heard that?
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 04:59 PM   #5787 (permalink)
SOPHIE FOREVER
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 35,548
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Ok. Great. Filling 15 year old girls up with nails being bad is also just an opinion. I didn't realize we needed to establish this. Can we agree that this incident in Manchester was bad or is do you have a problem with that as a foundation for this discussion?
Sure I think it's bad. Why are you equating terrorism and new years celebrations?

I still don't think that terrorism is inherent to Islam.
__________________
Studies show that when a given norm is changed in the face of the unchanging, the remaining contradictions will parallel the truth.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 05:11 PM   #5788 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 22,033
Default

Quote:
DOES THE WORD "MANIPULATION" MEAN ANYTHING TO YOU? OR "EXPLOITATION"?
Yes. I know those words. I'll use them in a sentence.

Muslims are especially vulnerable to manipulation and exploitation.
OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 05:13 PM   #5789 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 22,033
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Sure I think it's bad. Why are you equating terrorism and new years celebrations?

I still don't think that terrorism is inherent to Islam.
Watch the news then. You'll find these attacks are usually carried out by Muslims.
OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 05:15 PM   #5790 (permalink)
SOPHIE FOREVER
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 35,548
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Watch the news then. You'll find these attacks are usually carried out by Muslims.
On cold days I noticed that the sun rises in the morning, therefore the sun makes the day cold when it rises.
__________________
Studies show that when a given norm is changed in the face of the unchanging, the remaining contradictions will parallel the truth.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2024 Advameg, Inc.