Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2008, 12:36 PM   #11 (permalink)
The Sexual Intellectual
 
Urban Hat€monger ?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Somewhere cooler than you
Posts: 18,449
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
I think the political and other off-topic threads only serve to help the overall community. It gives you a better scope of who you're talking too and where they are coming from allowing for more context surrounding the music discussions and otherwise.
In my experience they do the opposite , they create more arguments & hostility than any other type of forums. I even know of a few places that have banned political & religious threads because of that very reason. I've seen even the most reasonable & rational of people turn into abusive trolls in these type of discussions.

And for that reason rather than complain about it i'll stay well away from this part of the forum.
__________________



Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline  
Old 12-08-2008, 12:55 PM   #12 (permalink)
dac
MB's Biggest Fanboy
 
dac's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Cloud Cuckoo Land
Posts: 2,847
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post
In my experience they do the opposite , they create more arguments & hostility than any other type of forums. I even know of a few places that have banned political & religious threads because of that very reason. I've seen even the most reasonable & rational of people turn into abusive trolls in these type of discussions.

And for that reason rather than complain about it i'll stay well away from this part of the forum.
This may be true in some cases, but I disagree that it is an overall bad thing. A lot of people do not know how to keep it from getting too personal. Sleepy Jack and I, for example, rarely agree on anything in the political climate. I still value his opinion and input because he is well informed and level headed. Now your WendyCal types are the ones that ruin it. They refuse to understand that people can have different ideals and morals. You just have to be willing to listen and accept other ideas.
__________________

dac is offline  
Old 12-08-2008, 03:26 PM   #13 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

These sort of discussions have been fine since WendyCal is gone.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline  
Old 12-08-2008, 10:07 PM   #14 (permalink)
Occams Razor
 
Son of JayJamJah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: End of the Earth
Posts: 2,470
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post
In my experience they do the opposite , they create more arguments & hostility than any other type of forums. I even know of a few places that have banned political & religious threads because of that very reason. I've seen even the most reasonable & rational of people turn into abusive trolls in these type of discussions.

And for that reason rather than complain about it i'll stay well away from this part of the forum.
With this Mod team I don't see your extreme scenario playing out. I'll say I've learned a lot about Cardboard Adolescent, Unfan, Ethan, Seltzer, Big3, Wayfarer, Adidiasss and so many more of my favorite people to talk with here in the off topic forums, especially in political discourse.

I wish you'd wet your political beak a bit (er a lot) more often, For every WendyCal here, there's a few dozen likable, thoughtful considerate people with some really interesting perspectives to share you might otherwise never hear.

I'll even hold your hand at first, just as long as we don't have to take windy walks together.
__________________
Me, Myself and I United as One

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboard adolescent View Post
i prefer foreplay. the orgasm is overrated.
If you're posting in the music forums make sure to be thoughtful and expressive, if you're posting in the lounge ask yourself "is this something that adds to the conversation?" It's important to remember that a lot of people use each thread. You're probably not as funny or clever as you think, I know I'm not.

My Van Morrison Discography Thread
Son of JayJamJah is offline  
Old 12-08-2008, 10:07 PM   #15 (permalink)
Occams Razor
 
Son of JayJamJah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: End of the Earth
Posts: 2,470
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy jack View Post
These sort of discussions have been fine since WendyCal is gone.
C.U.Next Tuesday
__________________
Me, Myself and I United as One

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboard adolescent View Post
i prefer foreplay. the orgasm is overrated.
If you're posting in the music forums make sure to be thoughtful and expressive, if you're posting in the lounge ask yourself "is this something that adds to the conversation?" It's important to remember that a lot of people use each thread. You're probably not as funny or clever as you think, I know I'm not.

My Van Morrison Discography Thread
Son of JayJamJah is offline  
Old 12-08-2008, 10:12 PM   #16 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

HEY FUCK YOU MAN
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline  
Old 12-08-2008, 10:49 PM   #17 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProggyMan View Post
I have bets on bungalow bill. Takers?
Wrong, sorry
Hello, how are you? is offline  
Old 12-08-2008, 11:00 PM   #18 (permalink)
Occams Razor
 
Son of JayJamJah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: End of the Earth
Posts: 2,470
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy jack View Post
HEY FUCK YOU MAN
I was referring to Wendy Cal, it's a compliment to call a dude that, ask the Brits.
__________________
Me, Myself and I United as One

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboard adolescent View Post
i prefer foreplay. the orgasm is overrated.
If you're posting in the music forums make sure to be thoughtful and expressive, if you're posting in the lounge ask yourself "is this something that adds to the conversation?" It's important to remember that a lot of people use each thread. You're probably not as funny or clever as you think, I know I'm not.

My Van Morrison Discography Thread
Son of JayJamJah is offline  
Old 12-08-2008, 11:01 PM   #19 (permalink)
Occams Razor
 
Son of JayJamJah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: End of the Earth
Posts: 2,470
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hello, how are you? View Post
Wrong, sorry

We should just ban you now, shouldn't we?
__________________
Me, Myself and I United as One

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboard adolescent View Post
i prefer foreplay. the orgasm is overrated.
If you're posting in the music forums make sure to be thoughtful and expressive, if you're posting in the lounge ask yourself "is this something that adds to the conversation?" It's important to remember that a lot of people use each thread. You're probably not as funny or clever as you think, I know I'm not.

My Van Morrison Discography Thread
Son of JayJamJah is offline  
Old 12-08-2008, 11:05 PM   #20 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 51
Default

I suck.

Translated by Jayjamjah
Hello, how are you? is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.