Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2008, 09:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Methville
Posts: 2,116
Default I know everything about everything. - Debate me about anything.

And go...
The Unfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 09:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master, We Perish
 
Surell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Havin a good time, rollin to the bottom.
Posts: 3,704
Default

Why did 50 Cent's stupid ass decide to battle Wu Tang?

Debate on 50's side. Dare ya.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhateverDude View Post
Laser beams, psychedelic hats, and for some reason kittens. Surrel reminds me of kittens.
^if you wanna know perfection that's it, you dumb shits
Spoiler for guess what:
|i am a heron i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans
Surell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Methville
Posts: 2,116
Default

50 decided to DO BATTLE with Wu because he is a dumbass man child looking for publicity. Thats about the best way to sum it up that I can think of.
The Unfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 02:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
nothing
 
mr dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: everywhere
Posts: 4,298
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unfan View Post
And go...
does time have a linear existence if we aren't here to measure it?
__________________
i am the universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 02:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
dac
MB's Biggest Fanboy
 
dac's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Cloud Cuckoo Land
Posts: 2,847
Default

Debate and win all of WendyCal's arguments to Sleepy Jack... And GO!
__________________

dac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 04:39 AM   #6 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
thegoldlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Maine, US
Posts: 205
Default

If life was a snail and it was surrounded by salt who do you believe would play santa in the year 2042 ?
thegoldlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 04:41 AM   #7 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Methville
Posts: 2,116
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
does time have a linear existence if we aren't here to measure it?
Assuming time is linear, yes. It isn't like if we stopped existing everything else would stop existing with it, just our perception of it. However as long as events happen, even without anything to witness or measure them, there is necessarily a time at which it happened. Human activity and perception do not determine the existence of nor the order in which events happen. With or without us time would remain the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dac
Debate and win all of WendyCal's arguments to Sleepy Jack... And GO!
Thats the easy part. The hard part would be doing it without him banning me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlaw
If life was a snail and it was surrounded by salt who do you believe would play santa in the year 2042 ?
John Edlund.
The Unfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 09:26 AM   #8 (permalink)
;)
 
cardboard adolescent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 3,502
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unfan View Post
Assuming time is linear, yes. It isn't like if we stopped existing everything else would stop existing with it, just our perception of it. However as long as events happen, even without anything to witness or measure them, there is necessarily a time at which it happened. Human activity and perception do not determine the existence of nor the order in which events happen. With or without us time would remain the same.
What is an event? For an even to be an event, does it not need to be observed? That seems to be implicit in the definition. If everything we know is the result of observation, how can we possibly know what is beyond the realm of observation? Also, you say that human activity cannot determine the order in which events occur. That's just not true, Einstein proved that there was no such thing as synchronicity and that seeing two events as simultaneous depends on your reference frame/speed.
cardboard adolescent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 12:29 AM   #9 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Methville
Posts: 2,116
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboard adolescent View Post
What is an event? For an even to be an event, does it not need to be observed? That seems to be implicit in the definition.
Perhaps event is the wrong word. However if an apple falls out of a tree and no sentient thing is there to witness it, it still occurred. Which was my point, something doesn't need to be witnessed for it to happen.

Quote:
If everything we know is the result of observation, how can we possibly know what is beyond the realm of observation?
Oh so deep man. Welcome to science.

Quote:
Also, you say that human activity cannot determine the order in which events occur. That's just not true, Einstein proved that there was no such thing as synchronicity and that seeing two events as simultaneous depends on your reference frame/speed.
Relativity accounts for observation and basic senses, however I'm inclined to disagree with it accounting for "real" time. If you moved fast enough around something you could technically see yourself in two places, but you wouldn't actually say you're in two places. I do suppose there is a sort of perceptive relative time though.
The Unfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 12:43 AM   #10 (permalink)
;)
 
cardboard adolescent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 3,502
Default

Why doesn't something need to be witnessed to happen? How can you have an object without a subject? Now you're trying to distinguish between relativity and "real" time, but how can you have any sort of objective time... consider if the universe were a movie and you were God watching it. You could play it in fast forward or slow it down, and it would be the exact same, none of the characters in the movie would be able to tell. It only makes sense to talk about the "speed of change" if your perception relies on that very change. Time is a concept which we have invented and can barely define, it dies with us.
cardboard adolescent is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.