Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2009, 02:26 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Jimmy Rustler
 
Dr_Rez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 5,187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayfarer View Post
and yet Woodrow Wilson is still quite possibly one of the worst U.S. Presidents in history.
That is true but I admire any president who tries at all lengths to stay out of a war no matter what the reason may be.
__________________
*Best chance of losing virginity is in prison crew*
*Always Checks Credentials Crew*
*nba > nfl crew*
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*
*Flakes on Dates to go Hoop crew*

Power: Yamaha Rx-v363
Speakers:2 Boston Acoustics A100's, 2 Pioneer HPM-60's
Headphones: Audio Technica M50, Sony MDR-XB500
Dr_Rez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 02:28 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Jimmy Rustler
 
Dr_Rez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 5,187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy jack View Post
Yes but according to you his three Republican predecessors somehow led to World War I.
And?

You said "Or you think if a Democrat had been in office during World War I we wouldn't have eventually gotten involved in it?". And I simply told you that's not true.

It is because of alliances previous presidents made that we entered the war. Not Woodrow Wilson, he opposed it above all.
__________________
*Best chance of losing virginity is in prison crew*
*Always Checks Credentials Crew*
*nba > nfl crew*
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*
*Flakes on Dates to go Hoop crew*

Power: Yamaha Rx-v363
Speakers:2 Boston Acoustics A100's, 2 Pioneer HPM-60's
Headphones: Audio Technica M50, Sony MDR-XB500
Dr_Rez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 02:32 AM   #43 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RezZ View Post
And?

You said "Or you think if a Democrat had been in office during World War I we wouldn't have eventually gotten involved in it?". And I simply told you that's not true.

It is because of alliances previous presidents made that we entered the war. Not Woodrow Wilson, he opposed it above all.
I assumed Wilson was a Republican because your post implied we went into WWI under a Republican administration...and you told flat out lies in regards to economic depressions and tried to justify it with some conspiracy theory bullshit that just isn't true. After doing that you turned around said Republicans are warmongers despite all but one of those wars being justifiable. Yes I'm clearly the one who has an honesty problem here.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 02:34 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Jimmy Rustler
 
Dr_Rez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 5,187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy jack View Post
I assumed Wilson was a Republican because your post implied we went into WWI under a Republican administration...and you told flat out lies in regards to economic depressions and tried to justify it with some conspiracy theory bullshit that just isn't true. After doing that you turned around said Republicans are warmongers despite all but one of those wars being justifiable. Yes I'm clearly the one who has an honesty problem here.
Your impossible to argue with. Everything is a personal attack towards or from you. I quit, you win. Congrats.

Take a lesson or two from the other mods on how to formulate and carry out a respectable debate.
__________________
*Best chance of losing virginity is in prison crew*
*Always Checks Credentials Crew*
*nba > nfl crew*
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*
*Flakes on Dates to go Hoop crew*

Power: Yamaha Rx-v363
Speakers:2 Boston Acoustics A100's, 2 Pioneer HPM-60's
Headphones: Audio Technica M50, Sony MDR-XB500
Dr_Rez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 09:08 PM   #45 (permalink)
Existential Egoist
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,468
Default

I love how capitalism is automatically associated with conservatism, when in reality it is much more radical than liberalism...

Plus, I am nowhere near a conservative. As I have mentioned in other threads, I base capitalism off the moral argument. I don't really say capitalism is good because it worked, here, here, and here.
Inuzuka Skysword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 09:15 PM   #46 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

That's nice; instead of doing what's best economically you do what's "morally" acceptable.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 11:29 PM   #47 (permalink)
Reformed Jackass
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,961
Default

Just thought I'd point this out:
The U.S. did next to nothing in WWI, Germany was doomed from the start, same with WWII, the Russians contributed much more basically destroying the German army. The casualties on the western front were relatively small. The U.S. did beat Japan, but after Germany was defeated they wouldn't have been able to put up much of a fight.
ProggyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 04:08 PM   #48 (permalink)
Existential Egoist
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,468
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy jack View Post
That's nice; instead of doing what's best economically you do what's "morally" acceptable.
I am saying that what is morally right is practically right. Therefore, I should not run away from what is moral.
Inuzuka Skysword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 04:57 PM   #49 (permalink)
dontcareaboutyou
 
swim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 5,188
Default

So you don't pay taxes if you stand behind this so much, right?
__________________
http://nakednaps.bandcamp.com/
swim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 05:04 PM   #50 (permalink)
Existential Egoist
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,468
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swim View Post
So you don't pay taxes if you stand behind this so much, right?
I pay the taxes I have to. It is not morally wrong for me to pay money towards someone else. It would be morally wrong for someone to force me to pay other people money. See the difference?
Inuzuka Skysword is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.