Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2009, 07:01 PM   #111 (permalink)
Muck Fusic
 
IamAlejo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 1,575
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unfan View Post
Those polls don't account for people who didn't participate. Since he was underage at that point in time he was incapable of participation.
They also don't get in touch with every person of age in the US, either. It's more a point of where the US stood at that point...but appreciate the update.
__________________
a man, a plan, a canal, panama
IamAlejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 07:04 PM   #112 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

It's stupid of you to assume that. He had a 92% approval rating directly following 9/11 (and it just kept going down from there until 70% of those people disapproved of him by the end of his Presidency) and at that time I was freshly immigrated, young and could have cared less about United States politics.

In regards to me being such an idiot...It's nice to know you're "too smart" to argue with me but just smart enough to throw around sophomoric insults.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 07:05 PM   #113 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Methville
Posts: 2,116
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAlejo View Post
They also don't get in touch with every person of age in the US, either. It's more a point of where the US stood at that point...but appreciate the update.
You're welcome.

However, because the poll didn't account for youths it missed a large demographic (In fact, the largest demographic in America) which could have easily changed the percentage of the poll. Also, if 99% of America supported genocide that wouldn't make it good.
The Unfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 07:08 PM   #114 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

Well at one point most of the United States support slavery - and probably all of the South. IamAlejo is from the South so he probably supported slavery at one point.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 07:09 PM   #115 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
boo boo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Where the buffalo roam.
Posts: 12,137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unfan View Post
Here, let me further your point. He lied about WMDs, falsified documents for the purpose of going to war, and managed to leave office with the biggest debt any president has in U.S. history. Approval rating at some random point in history does not make him any less of a criminal, and by supporting his actions you support illegal activity.
Yeah, but most people weren't aware of that at the time, they were mislead. And I think you are twisting IamAlejo's statements around. I think what he means is that because Bush had a 92% approval rating means just about everybody got behind Dubya after 9/11. So you can't just throw around a childish insult like "you're an idiot because you supported Bush at some point in time", as if people are not allowed to make mistakes.

I voted for Bush's re-election. Guilty as charged.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 07:10 PM   #116 (permalink)
Muck Fusic
 
IamAlejo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 1,575
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy jack View Post
It's stupid of you to assume that. He had a 92% approval rating directly following 9/11 (and it just kept going down from there until 70% of those people disapproved of him by the end of his Presidency) and at that time I was freshly immigrated, young and could have cared less about United States politics.

In regards to me being such an idiot...It's nice to know you're "too smart" to argue with me but just smart enough to throw around sophomoric insults.
The point was laughing at your "well at least I never supported Bush" idiotic comment. And I'm still laughing.
__________________
a man, a plan, a canal, panama
IamAlejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 07:16 PM   #117 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Methville
Posts: 2,116
Default

I was 17 when Bush got reelected but I wouldn't have voted for him. I was ultra liberal then too.

How is it idiotic to state he didn't support Bush if its actually true? 92% of Americans were wrong.
The Unfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 07:21 PM   #118 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
boo boo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Where the buffalo roam.
Posts: 12,137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unfan View Post
I was 17 when Bush got reelected but I wouldn't have voted for him. I was ultra liberal then too.
Ultra liberals are just as bad as ultra conservatives, for the most part.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 08:56 PM   #119 (permalink)
killedmyraindog
 
TheBig3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 9,252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
I'll be sure to rant about what douchebags Chris Matthews and Keith Olbermann are.
I'd love to hear this.
TheBig3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 09:54 PM   #120 (permalink)
Quiet Man in the Corner
 
CanwllCorfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pocono Mountains
Posts: 2,452
Default

I stopped watching the news a long time ago. It might sound really stupid (cause it is), but I don't see the point in keeping up with what's going on cause all I see coming from it is

01) Stress, sadness, guilt
02) The ability to tell someone else

My mom watches all the political stuff and I just can't stand it. She watches CNN and in the car listens to the radio with conservatives yelling at liberals about how wrong they are. I will never.. ever get involved in a political debate. I'm the epitome of open minded and can see both sides to pretty much anything.
CanwllCorfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.