Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2009, 09:39 PM   #31 (permalink)
Unrepentant Ass-Mod
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon Cornelius View Post
Not if you use the sun... research before you answer... Basically the way i see it is they will tax anything that everyone needs.. Or charge you out the azz for it..
I've been trying my hardest to mediate a level of decency to all members on this forum regardless of their level of intelligence but your flagrant bullshit is really testing my patience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surell View Post
It's byproduct is clean I mean. You know, water.
Ah, but that's just a marketing gimmick. It's how you get there that's damaging the environment.
__________________
first.am
lucifer_sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 09:43 PM   #32 (permalink)
Master, We Perish
 
Surell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Havin a good time, rollin to the bottom.
Posts: 3,704
Default

Sam, deep breaths.

Also, since you edited that, I must say, good point. But just about everything requires something that's gonna hurt the environment to process it for use, it seems.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhateverDude View Post
Laser beams, psychedelic hats, and for some reason kittens. Surrel reminds me of kittens.
^if you wanna know perfection that's it, you dumb shits
Spoiler for guess what:
|i am a heron i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans

Last edited by Surell; 03-29-2009 at 09:54 PM.
Surell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 11:28 PM   #33 (permalink)
Such That
 
Bane of your existence's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Austin, Tx
Posts: 1,193
Default

Sam and Yukon, you're completely leaving out the fact that we are behind in technology for using alternative energy, which is the reason it's so expensive and takes so much energy to turn stuff like hydrogen in to energy. Research dollars is what we need. Staying on the same track we're on now, using up our limited resources is insanely stupid. It's a forgone conclusion that it will fuck us.
Bane of your existence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 11:36 AM   #34 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Yukon Cornelius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 625
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane of your existence View Post
Sam and Yukon, you're completely leaving out the fact that we are behind in technology for using alternative energy, which is the reason it's so expensive and takes so much energy to turn stuff like hydrogen in to energy. Research dollars is what we need. Staying on the same track we're on now, using up our limited resources is insanely stupid. It's a forgone conclusion that it will fuck us.
I understand that the enviroment will be scared for our ever growing dependancy, I just feel if we dont do something to bring to cost of fuel down its gonna get worse. I also understand that it takes a ton of energy for electrolisis Sam.. I was being a bit sarcastic but I could understand how you would take that the wrong way given my reputation around here.

My thing is, what takes more energy per gallon/barrel? I honestly dont know.

Also making jobs for a bunch of people... I just know they will find someone that needs a job.
__________________
Attempting to find a cure for Stupid...
Yukon Cornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 11:37 AM   #35 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Yukon Cornelius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 625
Default

I would assume its about the same seeing the price per gallon...
__________________
Attempting to find a cure for Stupid...
Yukon Cornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 02:23 PM   #36 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,965
Default

You realize as supply goes down and demand stays the same the price of oil is just going to go up. No amount of raping the continental shelf/Alaskan wilderness is going to change the fact were dealing with a nonrenewable resource. More drilling isn't the answer and I don't see how anyone can argue it is.

Alternative energy is the way to go; you almost completely ignored Bane of your existence's post (despite responding to it.) It basically countered your point about alternative energy not being worth it if it takes up more energy to produce than oil. The reason it takes more energy is because there's been such poor funding/research done in the area. There will only be more efficient ways to produce it as time goes on. Meanwhile oil continues to add to the problem.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 07:36 PM   #37 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Yukon Cornelius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 625
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy jack View Post
You realize as supply goes down and demand stays the same the price of oil is just going to go up. No amount of raping the continental shelf/Alaskan wilderness is going to change the fact were dealing with a nonrenewable resource. More drilling isn't the answer and I don't see how anyone can argue it is.

Alternative energy is the way to go; you almost completely ignored Bane of your existence's post (despite responding to it.) It basically countered your point about alternative energy not being worth it if it takes up more energy to produce than oil. The reason it takes more energy is because there's been such poor funding/research done in the area. There will only be more efficient ways to produce it as time goes on. Meanwhile oil continues to add to the problem.
Ok Sleepy I can agree with it not helping
__________________
Attempting to find a cure for Stupid...
Yukon Cornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 03:19 PM   #38 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Kamikazi Kat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 329
Default

Yukon, everything you just said would happen if we tapped into Alaska's oil, but only for a short time. I agree with others here that instead of a temporary fix we need to move to alternative fuels. Getting oil from Alaska is only going to dig us into a deeper hole of a society dependent on petroluem.
Kamikazi Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2022 Advameg, Inc.