Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2009, 07:46 PM   #111 (permalink)
nothing
 
mr dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: everywhere
Posts: 4,287
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RezZ View Post
Im a pot head, and I dont talk like that. In fact im currently on the Deans List and on my way to getting my degree.
nice, same here kinda (graduated college twice, once in french, once in english - actually got better grades when i smoked nightly). either way, i've always hated the stereotypical stoner who glorifies smoking as a way of life and always screaming inane crap about 420, or those that only do it to be 'subversive' against the society they expect an apology from for the hand they were dealt at birth. NOTHING makes me want to quit smoking more than flipping through a high times magazine, it strikes me the same way as a magazine by alcoholics glorifying booze.

just because someone smokes doesn't mean they're stupid or annoying, it just means they smoke. i'm willing to bet good money that the people member's know who are the annoying stoners with cliche catch phrases would be just as annoying if they were drunk and would likely pull out inane catch phrases like "BEER! helping ugly people get laid since 1932". the substance doesn't change the underlying personality that much.
__________________
i am the universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
http://www.myspace.com/wallofpanda (updated 06/28/09-ish)
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:31 PM   #112 (permalink)
أمهاتك[وهور]Aura Euphoria
 
Thrice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Florida/Buffalo/CT
Posts: 2,076
Default

Aside from 'pot heads annoy me' and 'I cant be bothered to list the reasons why' I also wonder if it were legalized, why wouldnt everyone just become an at home farmer? I have a guest bedroom and an office I dont use much and would gladly turn one into a growing room if legalized. This also make me doubt a little bit more the validity of this 'plan' Theres no way Im going to purchase from anyone other than myself on a regular basis, and I wonder how many others would do the exact same.
__________________


Lew Harrison, who looked like an anarchist with his red eyes and fierce black beard, had been writing furiously in one corner of the room. "That's goodóhappiness by the kilowatt," he said. "Buy your happiness the way you buy light."
Thrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:25 PM   #113 (permalink)
333
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 956
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
nice, same here kinda (graduated college twice, once in french, once in english - actually got better grades when i smoked nightly). either way, i've always hated the stereotypical stoner who glorifies smoking as a way of life and always screaming inane crap about 420, or those that only do it to be 'subversive' against the society they expect an apology from for the hand they were dealt at birth. NOTHING makes me want to quit smoking more than flipping through a high times magazine, it strikes me the same way as a magazine by alcoholics glorifying booze.

just because someone smokes doesn't mean they're stupid or annoying, it just means they smoke. i'm willing to bet good money that the people member's know who are the annoying stoners with cliche catch phrases would be just as annoying if they were drunk and would likely pull out inane catch phrases like "BEER! helping ugly people get laid since 1932". the substance doesn't change the underlying personality that much.
YES. Thank you.
333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:58 PM   #114 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Yukon Cornelius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 625
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
nice, same here kinda (graduated college twice, once in french, once in english - actually got better grades when i smoked nightly). either way, i've always hated the stereotypical stoner who glorifies smoking as a way of life and always screaming inane crap about 420, or those that only do it to be 'subversive' against the society they expect an apology from for the hand they were dealt at birth. NOTHING makes me want to quit smoking more than flipping through a high times magazine, it strikes me the same way as a magazine by alcoholics glorifying booze.

just because someone smokes doesn't mean they're stupid or annoying, it just means they smoke. i'm willing to bet good money that the people member's know who are the annoying stoners with cliche catch phrases would be just as annoying if they were drunk and would likely pull out inane catch phrases like "BEER! helping ugly people get laid since 1932". the substance doesn't change the underlying personality that much.
4:20 BRA...

Since joining the military in 2001 I have not been able to enjoy a joint. Either way before i joined i did partake. Weed became as normal as wiping my azz.. This I assume happens to anyone who smokes daily...

To legalize it? Not likely I'd say and on top of that it would take the fun outta smoking weed if it were.
__________________
Attempting to find a cure for Stupid...
Yukon Cornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:05 PM   #115 (permalink)
Registered Jimmy Rustler
 
Dr_Rez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 5,187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon Cornelius View Post
4:20 BRA...

Since joining the military in 2001 I have not been able to enjoy a joint. Either way before i joined i did partake. Weed became as normal as wiping my azz.. This I assume happens to anyone who smokes daily...

To legalize it? Not likely I'd say and on top of that it would take the fun outta smoking weed if it were.
How often do they test you? Random, monthly...?
__________________
*Best chance of losing virginity is in prison crew*
*Always Checks Credentials Crew*
*nba > nfl crew*
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*
*Flakes on Dates to go Hoop crew*

Power: Yamaha Rx-v363
Speakers:2 Boston Acoustics A100's, 2 Pioneer HPM-60's
Headphones: Audio Technica M50, Sony MDR-XB500
Dr_Rez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:19 PM   #116 (permalink)
Partying on the inside
 
Freebase Dali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,329
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzz View Post
I can walk upstairs right now and get some beer...
Get me one too while you're at it.
__________________
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:21 PM   #117 (permalink)
Partying on the inside
 
Freebase Dali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,329
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RezZ View Post
How often do they test you? Random, monthly...?
Randomly.

Hey Yukon, I didn't know you joined uncle sam's club. What branch?
__________________
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:22 PM   #118 (permalink)
Registered Jimmy Rustler
 
Dr_Rez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 5,187
Default

What is the penalty for testing positive? Other than being kicked out that is.
__________________
*Best chance of losing virginity is in prison crew*
*Always Checks Credentials Crew*
*nba > nfl crew*
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*
*Flakes on Dates to go Hoop crew*

Power: Yamaha Rx-v363
Speakers:2 Boston Acoustics A100's, 2 Pioneer HPM-60's
Headphones: Audio Technica M50, Sony MDR-XB500
Dr_Rez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:59 PM   #119 (permalink)
أمهاتك[وهور]Aura Euphoria
 
Thrice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Florida/Buffalo/CT
Posts: 2,076
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RezZ View Post
What is the penalty for testing positive? Other than being kicked out that is.
Other than honorable discharge. Restriction/possibly brig time (Navy at least)
__________________


Lew Harrison, who looked like an anarchist with his red eyes and fierce black beard, had been writing furiously in one corner of the room. "That's goodóhappiness by the kilowatt," he said. "Buy your happiness the way you buy light."
Thrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:26 PM   #120 (permalink)
Partying on the inside
 
Freebase Dali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,329
Default

Oh it's pretty bad in the Army. They take your pay for several months, put you on 45 day post restriction (meaning you can't go anywhere) and 45 days extra duty (you work from 6:30 PT all the way till 10PM, for 45 days straight, no weekends), reduction of rank (if you're an E-4, they'll drop you 3 pay grades, but E-5's usually drop 1)...

Oh, and this is all before they decide whether or not to give you a dishonorable discharge.
__________________
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.