Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2012, 07:18 PM   #541 (permalink)
Juicious Maximus III
 
tore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Scabb Island
Posts: 5,935
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
Cannabis does make you slightly paranoid, I'm not going to lie. BUT it's only during smoking I get it occasionally, not to say that goes for everybody though.
For some people, the paranoia they experience while high leads to or triggers an anxiety disorder which follows them also when they're not smoking. It's probably what happened to your friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
I have literally never experienced paranoia from smoking weed.
Then it's a kinder drug to you than to many others.
__________________
In the age of information, ignorance is a choice.
tore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:21 PM   #542 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
Then it's a kinder drug to you than to many others.
So is alcohol. I can drink it frequently and not turn into an alcoholic, unlike a lot of other people. Does that mean we should outlaw it?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:27 PM   #543 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ireland
Posts: 230
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
I don't even smoke and I've so far met 3 people in real life who have suffered anxieties after cannabis use. Two are friends of mine, the third is the mother of a close friend. All of them suffered anxieties for long periods afterwards, in my friend's mothers case so bad that it never left her. So, I've no trouble believing the studies that show such negative health effects of cannabis.

The only drug these people indulge in regularly that I can think of are caffeine and alcohol and I can't remember any of them telling me they were also drunk when it happened, so I don't believe that it's simply something that happens when you "mix".
cannabis and alcohol isn't a good mix, I'm not using my own experiance as evidence I'm just one social guinea pig weighing in. It could be possible that the unpredictable effects of cannabis is a result of using an unpredictable environment for your findings.

Quote:
When people smoke cannabis and drink alcohol at the same time they can experience nausea and/or vomiting, or they can react with panic, anxiety or paranoia. Mixing cannabis with alcohol can increase the risk of vulnerable people experiencing psychotic symptoms.

There is some evidence to support that having alcohol in your blood causes a faster absorption of THC (the active ingredient in cannabis that causes intoxication). This can lead to the cannabis having a much stronger effect than it would normally have and can result in ‘greening out’.

Greening out is a term commonly referred to in a situation where people feel sick after smoking cannabis. They can go pale and sweaty, feel dizzy, nauseous and may even start vomiting. They usually feel they have to lie down straight away.

It appears that this is more likely to happen if a person has been drinking alcohol before smoking cannabis rather than the other way around.
Mixing cannabis and alcohol NCPIC
Rubato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:28 PM   #544 (permalink)
Nae wains, Great Danes.
 
FETCHER.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Where how means why.
Posts: 3,412
Default

It's nothing major it's just being cautious not to get caught in the act. I'd hate my dad to find out. My mum not so much, she's cool but I still haven't told her. I dread the day she accidentally stumbles upon my messbox.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by butthead aka 216 View Post
i havent i refuse to in fact. it triggers my ptsd from yrs ago when i thought my ex's anal beads were those edible candy necklaces
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Rez View Post
Keep it in your pants scottie.
FETCHER. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:30 PM   #545 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
It's nothing major it's just being cautious not to get caught in the act. I'd hate my dad to find out. My mum not so much, she's cool but I still haven't told her. I dread the day she accidentally stumbles upon my messbox.
^ This actually raises an interesting point. If weed were legal it might actually cut down on paranoia.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:30 PM   #546 (permalink)
Nae wains, Great Danes.
 
FETCHER.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Where how means why.
Posts: 3,412
Default

Rubato: anytime I've been drinking and smoking I've been ****ed for a good few hours thinking "I'm never going to recover" it's awful. Don't mix your narcotics kids.

edit: @Jans, that IS an interesting point, because I'm thinking about the times I vividly remember being paranoid and they're all about police or parents catching me.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by butthead aka 216 View Post
i havent i refuse to in fact. it triggers my ptsd from yrs ago when i thought my ex's anal beads were those edible candy necklaces
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Rez View Post
Keep it in your pants scottie.
FETCHER. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:33 PM   #547 (permalink)
The Sexual Intellectual
 
Urban Hat€monger ?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Somewhere cooler than you
Posts: 18,449
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post

I disagree, but let's assume you're right for a moment: What about this potential for abuse is so terrible that it should be illegal?
I never said it should be illegal.
As I said, I'm for decriminalising, but not legalising.
__________________



Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:33 PM   #548 (permalink)
Juicious Maximus III
 
tore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Scabb Island
Posts: 5,935
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
So is alcohol. I can drink it frequently and not turn into an alcoholic, unlike a lot of other people. Does that mean we should outlaw it?
First of all, I still find alcohol irrelevant to this discussion. Legalization should be about consequences and not allowing something just because we allow something else. Second, alcohol is not the same as cannabis. Perhaps society would be better if we didn't have alcohol, but considering most adults enjoy it and it's such an ingrained part of culture, society at large would probably not accept it's sudden illegality. If you really were to remove alcohol in a way which was beneficial, you'd probably have to find ways to wean society off it and that's sometimes done in subtle ways.

Either way, a sudden illegality of alcohol is not the same as a sudden legality of cannabis because the drugs have different uses, cultural significance and the two scenarios are completely different. So to me, that's another reason why the legality of alcohol is largely irrelevant when it comes to the legality of cannabis.
__________________
In the age of information, ignorance is a choice.
tore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:36 PM   #549 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post
I never said it should be illegal.
As I said, I'm for decriminalising, but not legalising.
Well, it was decriminalized in my state, which means you get a fine instead of arrested, and though I think that's and improvement, it's still pretty lame.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:36 PM   #550 (permalink)
.
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4,507
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
Conan, I love you. You know that right?
someonecompletelyrandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.