Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2009, 11:02 AM   #41 (permalink)
The Sexual Intellectual
 
Urban Hat€monger ?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Somewhere cooler than you
Posts: 18,449
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
Fixed.

Why do you say it as if we only went to the moon once? There was more then one moon landing, there where 6 American manned missions to the moon. All in all there was 50 expenditions (manned and unmanned) to the moon by the early 90's. Maybe a possible lunar bombing in the near future. A lunar base is only a pipe dream for now.
I'm convinced 95% of your posts just argue for the sake of arguing.

It's not like myself & Janszoon were being serious in the first place.
__________________



Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline  
Old 09-15-2009, 12:52 PM   #42 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Yukon Cornelius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 625
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy jack View Post
I've yet to see a single intellectual point made in all the 9/11 conspiracy theories I've seen. I somehow doubt your two hour documentary is going to change that seeing as it's become part of an industry which fanaticism rivals that of the most fundamentalist religious nut. Why should anyone even give the 9/11 truth movement any of their time?
I would have to second that... I watched a documentary on the history channel saying that the Qur'an is constantly edited over and over making all these crimes holy... nuf said.
__________________
Attempting to find a cure for Stupid...
Yukon Cornelius is offline  
Old 09-15-2009, 01:01 PM   #43 (permalink)
ComputerHabenHerzschmerz
 
Neapolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Les Barricades Mystérieuses
Posts: 6,492
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy jack View Post
You're offended by something that's just ignorance on your part. I wouldn't describe al-Qaeda as religious fundamentalists, Bin Laden and by extension this whole Jihadists movement have to make some pretty liberal interpretations of the Qu'ran to justify their actions and those interpretations would shock any rational imam. Religious extremists would be a more apt term.
It's true that Al-Qaeda is considered an military arm of fundamentalist Sunnis. It's not a term I would to discribe that bunch. Basicly I don't agree with expanding the term "fundamental" that was once used exclusively on Prostesant Christian movements in American to suddenly to include Islamic factions of that religion, but that is what happened.

The truth behind 9/11 is that Al-Qaeda killed 2,976 innocent people.
Not that Christian Fundamentalist are nuts.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhanteimi View Post
Actually, I like you a lot, Nea. That's why I treat you like ****. It's the MB way.

"it counts in our hearts" - ʕººʔ
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” ― Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” – Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." - John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." — Keith Richards ☮ 💖 ♫ ∞ ἰχθύς
Neapolitan is offline  
Old 09-15-2009, 01:06 PM   #44 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,037
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
It's true that Al-Qaeda is considered an military arm of fundamentalist Sunnis. It's not a term I would to discribe that bunch. Basicly I don't agree with expanding the term "fundamental" that was once used exclusively on Prostesant Christian movements in American to suddenly to include Islamic factions of that religion, but that is what happened.

The truth behind 9/11 is that Al-Qaeda killed 2,976 innocent people.
Not that Christian Fundamentalist are nuts.
But Christian fundamentalists are nuts.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline  
Old 09-15-2009, 01:48 PM   #45 (permalink)
ComputerHabenHerzschmerz
 
Neapolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Les Barricades Mystérieuses
Posts: 6,492
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
But Christian fundamentalists are nuts.
Christian fundamentalist should not be the central focus in the discussion of "The Truth Behind 9/11" thread, it should the perpetrators of the terroristic attacks - the terrorist.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhanteimi View Post
Actually, I like you a lot, Nea. That's why I treat you like ****. It's the MB way.

"it counts in our hearts" - ʕººʔ
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” ― Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” – Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." - John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." — Keith Richards ☮ 💖 ♫ ∞ ἰχθύς
Neapolitan is offline  
Old 09-15-2009, 01:50 PM   #46 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,037
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
Christian fundamentalist should not be the central focus in the discussion of 9/11 it should the perpetrators of the terroristic attacks - the terrorist.
Sure, let's just make how nuts the Christians are more of a tangential focus.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline  
Old 09-15-2009, 04:27 PM   #47 (permalink)
Atchin' Akai
 
right-track's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Unamerica
Posts: 8,696
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
Christian fundamentalist should not be the central focus in the discussion of "The Truth Behind 9/11" thread, it should the perpetrators of the terroristic attacks - the terrorist.
Did you ever ask yourself why the perpetrators resorted to terror tactics in the first place?
right-track is offline  
Old 09-15-2009, 05:01 PM   #48 (permalink)
My home? Discabled,
 
Barnard17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 203
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
The truth behind 9/11 is that Al-Qaeda killed 2,976 innocent people.
Not that Christian Fundamentalist are nuts.
Sorry, I'd forgotten about the crusades and in modernity attacks on abortion clinics etc. Ignore me, I'm talking ****.
__________________


Vita brevis,
Occasio praeceps
Barnard17 is offline  
Old 09-15-2009, 05:13 PM   #49 (permalink)
Juicious Maximus III
 
tore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Scabb Island
Posts: 5,935
Default

Hang on .. isn't the "truth" about 9/11 that it was staged by the american government who at the time were actually just puppets under control of the Illuminati and/or aliens?

What happened to the real topic?
__________________
In the age of information, ignorance is a choice.
tore is offline  
Old 09-15-2009, 05:45 PM   #50 (permalink)
;)
 
cardboard adolescent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 3,502
Default

the truth about 9/11 is that thus far it's the only interesting thing to happen this decade. go terrorists.
cardboard adolescent is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.