Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

View Poll Results: Your level of observance?
Non-practicing/secular form of religion 19 44.19%
A little observant 3 6.98%
Middle-of-the-road observance 10 23.26%
Strict adherence to religious rules 4 9.30%
Don't know 7 16.28%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2011, 12:48 AM   #261 (permalink)
BD9
 
WWWP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,953
Default

Blind faith is frightening.
__________________
spotify.
soundcloud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Probably Wolf

She’ll ban hammer your ass before your dick gets hard even
WWWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 01:08 AM   #262 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverinewolfweiselpigeon View Post
Blind faith is frightening.
what other kind of faith is there?

I feel like all believers have faith in something.
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 01:18 AM   #263 (permalink)
BD9
 
WWWP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,953
Default

There's a difference between faith and blind faith though.
__________________
spotify.
soundcloud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Probably Wolf

She’ll ban hammer your ass before your dick gets hard even
WWWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 01:21 AM   #264 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverinewolfweiselpigeon View Post
There's a difference between faith and blind faith though.
true but it seems that most followers just follow in blind faith and never understand the religion they are following.
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 01:52 AM   #265 (permalink)
BD9
 
WWWP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,953
Default

I don't think that's true at all and I don't see your point. If anything I'd say it is the other way around. You described faith in the existence of God as something "you don't have to specifically know" and said there "doesn't need to be evidence provided" about the fact. If that's not blind faith, nothing is. Also it seems like having faith in something without ever questioning it wouldn't be very fulfilling or substantial.
__________________
spotify.
soundcloud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Probably Wolf

She’ll ban hammer your ass before your dick gets hard even
WWWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 06:24 AM   #266 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverinewolfweiselpigeon View Post
I don't think that's true at all and I don't see your point. If anything I'd say it is the other way around. You described faith in the existence of God as something "you don't have to specifically know" and said there "doesn't need to be evidence provided" about the fact. If that's not blind faith, nothing is.
You just said there is a difference between blind faith and faith and I guess you don't know the difference so I will just let the definitions speak for themselves



blind faith
- 1 dictionary result
Main Entry: blind faith
Part of Speech: n
Definition: belief without true understanding, perception, or discrimination


faith
   /feɪθ/ Show Spelled[feyth] Show IPA
–noun
1.
confidence or trust in a person or thing: faith in another's ability.
2.
belief that is not based on proof: He had faith that the hypothesis would be substantiated by fact.
3.
belief in god or in the doctrines or teachings of religion: the firm faith of the Pilgrims.


Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverinewolfweiselpigeon View Post
Also it seems like having faith in something without ever questioning it wouldn't be very fulfilling or substantial.
You are only thinking of number 1 from the definition above.
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 02:53 PM   #267 (permalink)
Such That
 
Bane of your existence's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Austin, Tx
Posts: 1,193
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_k View Post
So... how do you know he exists?
I don't, I just believe.
Bane of your existence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 02:54 PM   #268 (permalink)
The Music Guru.
 
Burning Down's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Beyond the Wall
Posts: 4,731
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_k View Post
So... how do you know he exists?
I guess you just have to believe in God's existence.
Burning Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 02:58 PM   #269 (permalink)
BD9
 
WWWP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,953
Default

Huh. Well played, that's totally an error on my part. It still worries me that people believe in things without ever questioning them or without having any kind of logical (and I use that word loosely) basis for their beliefs though.
__________________
spotify.
soundcloud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Probably Wolf

She’ll ban hammer your ass before your dick gets hard even
WWWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 04:04 PM   #270 (permalink)
( ̄ー ̄)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverinewolfweiselpigeon View Post
Huh. Well played, that's totally an error on my part. It still worries me that people believe in things without ever questioning them or without having any kind of logical (and I use that word loosely) basis for their beliefs though.
But that's exactly what faith is-- belief that disregards the application of reason or evidence. Faith is a dangerous concept in all areas of discourse, not just religion
RVCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.