Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

View Poll Results: Your level of observance?
Non-practicing/secular form of religion 20 43.48%
A little observant 3 6.52%
Middle-of-the-road observance 11 23.91%
Strict adherence to religious rules 4 8.70%
Don't know 8 17.39%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2011, 04:32 PM   #21 (permalink)
s_k
Music Addict
 
s_k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,169
Default

I haven't even been baptized.
Which, even in the Netherlands, is a bit rare.
__________________
Click here to see my collection
s_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 04:38 PM   #22 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Zaqarbal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 823
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Just move! Then you'll be cool to covet.
Yes. And there's another option: to be coveted by the neighbor's wife. Commandment only says "do not covet your neighbor's wife", so I guess it's OK for a woman to covet her neighbor. I think a man could be highly "covetable" without sinning. In fact, I could be "coveted" by the entire neighborhood.

__________________
"Lullabies for adults / crossed by the years / carry the flower of disappointment / tattooed in their gloomy melodies."
Zaqarbal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 04:51 PM   #23 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,040
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_k View Post
I haven't even been baptized.
Which, even in the Netherlands, is a bit rare.
Me neither, which is probably even more rare over here.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 04:53 PM   #24 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Eyrie, Vale of Arryn, Westeros
Posts: 2,999
Default

I was baptised and confirmed

but I'm an atheist
Sansa Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 05:11 PM   #25 (permalink)
s_k
Music Addict
 
s_k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,169
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Me neither, which is probably even more rare over here.
Yay!
Only I'm having whiskey.
Doesn't matter
*kling*
__________________
Click here to see my collection
s_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:23 PM   #26 (permalink)
ComputerHabenHerzschmerz
 
Neapolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Les Barricades Mystérieuses
Posts: 6,505
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaqarbal View Post
Yes. And there's another option: to be coveted by the neighbor's wife. Commandment only says "do not covet your neighbor's wife", so I guess it's OK for a woman to covet her neighbor. I think a man could be highly "covetable" without sinning. In fact, I could be "coveted" by the entire neighborhood.

Huh, that picture was taken in 1925, so you want to be coveted by supercentenarian women??
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhanteimi View Post
Actually, I like you a lot, Nea. That's why I treat you like ****. It's the MB way.

"it counts in our hearts" - ʕººʔ
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” ― Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” – Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." - John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." — Keith Richards ☮ 💖 ♫ ∞ ἰχθύς
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:06 PM   #27 (permalink)
____
 
FaSho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NC
Posts: 5,276
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plum View Post
I was baptised and confirmed

but I'm an atheist
this, kind of. More agnostic than anything else.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
What? No. No. No. No no no.
FaSho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:09 PM   #28 (permalink)
one big soul
 
Alfred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,074
Default

I haven't been baptized or confirmed, I don't see those as being necessary, ESPECIALLY not confirmation. But I guess that boils down to me not believing in infant baptism.
__________________
Alfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:00 PM   #29 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,040
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_k View Post
Yay!
Only I'm having whiskey.
Doesn't matter
*kling*
Been drinking bourbon all night tonight.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:54 PM   #30 (permalink)
ComputerHabenHerzschmerz
 
Neapolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Les Barricades Mystérieuses
Posts: 6,505
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Been drinking bourbon all night tonight.
Jim Beam?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhanteimi View Post
Actually, I like you a lot, Nea. That's why I treat you like ****. It's the MB way.

"it counts in our hearts" - ʕººʔ
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” ― Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” – Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." - John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." — Keith Richards ☮ 💖 ♫ ∞ ἰχθύς
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.