Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

View Poll Results: Are the Libyans going to Ceausescu Gaddafi?
Yes 11 64.71%
No 6 35.29%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2011, 09:05 PM   #51 (permalink)
The Sexual Intellectual
 
Urban Hat€monger ?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Somewhere cooler than you
Posts: 18,449
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzov*en View Post
Actually it is not, but you continue to think it is.
Maybe you should explain yourself better then.
All I've seen you do in this thread is say 'it's about oil' and then go on to personally attack people or ignore any questions put to you by whoever disagrees with you.
__________________



Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 09:15 PM   #52 (permalink)
Anxiety Hangover
 
Buzzov*en's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gardenia
Posts: 501
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post
Maybe you should explain yourself better then.
All I've seen you do in this thread is say 'it's about oil' and then go on to personally attack people or ignore any questions put to you by whoever disagrees with you.
OR maybe it is a lack of reading comprehension skills.

Guess you skimmed through because I brought up Darfur as well.

If this was not about oil, but about being humanitarians the US would intervene in Darfur which the government does not do since it does not benefit them. Clearly the US government does not care about people other than its own unless it financially benefits us over time.
__________________

Save the environment, shoot yourself in the head.
And when there is no hope I'll smoke some crack I'll shoot some dope.
Buzzov*en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 09:18 PM   #53 (permalink)
.
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4,507
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzov*en View Post
OR maybe it is a lack of reading comprehension skills.

Guess you skimmed through because I brought up Darfur as well.

If this was not about oil, but about being humanitarians the US would intervene in Darfur which the government does not do since it does not benefit them. Clearly the US government does not care about people other than its own unless it financially benefits us over time.
It irks me that people refer to countries as if they're people. Of course "The U.S." isn't going to play hero just for the sake of being noble. The country is run by hundreds of people, each with their own motives and desires yet sharing one common interest, "What's good for us?" How could it be any other way?
someonecompletelyrandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 09:43 PM   #54 (permalink)
Anxiety Hangover
 
Buzzov*en's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gardenia
Posts: 501
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan View Post
It irks me that people refer to countries as if they're people. Of course "The U.S." isn't going to play hero just for the sake of being noble. The country is run by hundreds of people, each with their own motives and desires yet sharing one common interest, "What's good for us?" How could it be any other way?
One motive for one desire. Money. The root of most problems.
__________________

Save the environment, shoot yourself in the head.
And when there is no hope I'll smoke some crack I'll shoot some dope.
Buzzov*en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 06:12 AM   #55 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
The Monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sweden
Posts: 803
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzov*en View Post
Please never talk about intellect and spell incorrectly because it just makes you look like an ass.
They put someone in power who they can trust they will benefit.
They could trust Gaddafi, he always sold oil to the west. So why would they destroy that reliable source of oil if their motives are, as you say, "oil"? If that was the case they should've helped Gaddafi destroy the rebels. I'm not suggesting that the West has purely humanitarian goals with all this, I think it's also very much a deal of improving one's status. Sarkozy in particular seems very eager to make France a big player in international relations.
__________________
Now another stranger seems to want you to ignore his dreams as though they were the burden of some other

The Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 06:40 AM   #56 (permalink)
_____________
 
Cenotaph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,886
Default

Just read through the whole bloody thing. It seems to me that every time Buzzov*en joins a debate the level of civility drops dramatically.
Cenotaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 08:06 AM   #57 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cebu, Philippines
Posts: 677
Default

i'm sorry i don't understand the ceausescu word. i thought he's a person who'll replace Gaddafi.
The Virgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 01:05 PM   #58 (permalink)
Who wants this dick?
 
Dharma & Greg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 36,556
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monkey View Post
They could trust Gaddafi, he always sold oil to the west. So why would they destroy that reliable source of oil if their motives are, as you say, "oil"? If that was the case they should've helped Gaddafi destroy the rebels. I'm not suggesting that the West has purely humanitarian goals with all this, I think it's also very much a deal of improving one's status. Sarkozy in particular seems very eager to make France a big player in international relations.
My guess would be that siding with a murdering thug like Gaddafi would be political suicide, while siding with the rebels at least might give the US, France, Britain, etc some influence in who eventually prevails.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin & Hobbes
To evaluate my character my immediate pleasure is being pitted against my future greed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
Dharma & Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 03:51 PM   #59 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,026
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virgin View Post
i'm sorry i don't understand the ceausescu word. i thought he's a person who'll replace Gaddafi.


It's a reference to Nicolae Ceaușescu, the brutal ruler of Romania who was publicly executed in 1989. The title of this thread is basically asking if the Libyan people are going to capture and execute Gaddafi or not.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 04:09 AM   #60 (permalink)
Anxiety Hangover
 
Buzzov*en's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gardenia
Posts: 501
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Pat View Post
Just read through the whole bloody thing. It seems to me that every time Buzzov*en joins a debate the level of civility drops dramatically.
You think this will help it remain civil if you think I am the cause of it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
My guess would be that siding with a murdering thug like Gaddafi would be political suicide, while siding with the rebels at least might give the US, France, Britain, etc some influence in who eventually prevails.
Pretty much.
__________________

Save the environment, shoot yourself in the head.
And when there is no hope I'll smoke some crack I'll shoot some dope.
Buzzov*en is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.