Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2011, 05:53 PM   #61 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Thom Yorke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,838
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Down View Post
Apparently Tom Cruise is building some big-ass alien proof bunker under his house in Colorado in preparation for an impending alien rapture, which Scientologists believe will happen on December 21st, 2012.
Haha wouldn't surprise me. I forget where I saw it but some guy dropped something like a quarter million on a missile base for 2012 with a 5 year food supply and was trying to get people to book rooms in it.
Thom Yorke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 05:53 PM   #62 (permalink)
( ̄ー ̄)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanwllCorfe View Post
And?



Kidding. That's a good point! But what about faster than light? That's right. I said faster than light. Where's your science now?
Lol, well, that's where wormholes come in. It was something Einstein proposed but only took half-seriously himself. Suppose we could "fold" the fabric of space in on itself and create a "shortcut"? It's something scientists seriously look into these days.



Quote:
That's what I was thinking. There can't be other life out there! They're not accounted for! They must be heathens.
RVCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 05:54 PM   #63 (permalink)
( ̄ー ̄)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom Yorke View Post
Haha wouldn't surprise me. I forget where I saw it but some guy dropped something like a quarter million on a missile base for 2012 with a 5 year food supply and was trying to get people to book rooms in it.
I saw that in Wired. Crazy part is, people ARE booking.
RVCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 05:54 PM   #64 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Thom Yorke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,838
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty View Post


Just keep a hose near you, aliens apparently hate water according to Signs.


God I hate Mel Gibson and that movie. Maybe he's one of the aliens.
Lots of water and I'll be sure to "swing away".
Thom Yorke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 06:03 PM   #65 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Thom Yorke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,838
Default

As for the comment on how big the universe is, I think there probably is at least something else out there (whether intelligent or not). Where I have an issue is how people think there's some race of super-beings that are going to harvest the earth for resources. I'm not sure if some of the people on this thread are just saying it for a reaction, but that's crazy-talk.

And if this was a movie, which some people seem to think life is I guess, I realize I'd be the first to get abducted.
Thom Yorke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 06:03 PM   #66 (permalink)
Quiet Man in the Corner
 
CanwllCorfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pocono Mountains
Posts: 2,452
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVCA View Post
Lol, well, that's where wormholes come in. It was something Einstein proposed but only took half-seriously himself. Suppose we could "fold" the fabric of space in on itself and create a "shortcut"? It's something scientists seriously look into these days.
That's kind of what I had in mind. I had first heard about them on a REALLY fascinating show about space (I couldn't even tell you the name), and that very smart Asian man was on it: Michio Kaku!



I swear. He could explain the most complicated of theories using the most inane and simple demonstrations and examples. That's definitely the sign of an unbelievably intelligent man. "Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
__________________
Your eyes were never yet let in to see the majesty and riches of the mind, but dwell in darkness; for your God is blind.

CanwllCorfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 06:10 PM   #67 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Thom Yorke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,838
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVCA View Post
I saw that in Wired. Crazy part is, people ARE booking.
Depending on price and a no-refund policy, this man may be a genius.
Thom Yorke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 06:29 PM   #68 (permalink)
Quiet Man in the Corner
 
CanwllCorfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pocono Mountains
Posts: 2,452
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom Yorke View Post
Depending on price and a no-refund policy, this man may be a genius.
Didn't you hear? The world is going to end in 2040 when the planets align. Where in the hell did you hear anything about the world ending in 2012?
__________________
Your eyes were never yet let in to see the majesty and riches of the mind, but dwell in darkness; for your God is blind.

CanwllCorfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 06:31 PM   #69 (permalink)
The Music Guru.
 
Burning Down's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Beyond the Wall
Posts: 4,731
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanwllCorfe View Post
Didn't you hear? The world is going to end in 2040 when the planets align. Where in the hell did you hear anything about the world ending in 2012?
Well it better be happening after May 21st, 2040. I want to turn 50 first ffs.
Burning Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 06:35 PM   #70 (permalink)
_____________
 
Cenotaph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,886
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanwllCorfe View Post
That's kind of what I had in mind. I had first heard about them on a REALLY fascinating show about space (I couldn't even tell you the name), and that very smart Asian man was on it: Michio Kaku!



I swear. He could explain the most complicated of theories using the most inane and simple demonstrations and examples. That's definitely the sign of an unbelievably intelligent man. "Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple."
I agree. I remember him on a series called The Universe on the History Channel, and he does a fantastic job at explaining things.
Cenotaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.