The Big Bang AKA Where The **** Did It All Start? - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2011, 04:01 AM   #41 (permalink)
Make it so
 
Celladorina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,872
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra View Post
Matter comes from energy, not nothing. Something we know happens. Energy changes matter.

IE. Fire turns water into mist.

In fact, all organic matter is converted from sunlight. Sunlight is a type of energy, and matter comes from it.

As for what your saying, this line of thought is just pretentious. You're saying it's an absolute necessity that God be human-like, and must create with a humanlike pattern.

Labeling God as 'he' indicates an attempt to humanize the concept of the universe, which has shown 0% evidence of ever assuming a human-like entity, or will to work in a sense that benefits the motives of a human-like lifeform.
How did you come to that conclusion? Well God can't be human-like as humans can't create the Universe. That's what makes him a higher being. He created humans for his own purpose. What part of the earth is humanized other than humans?
__________________
"Elph is truly an enfant terrible of the forum, bless and curse him" - Marie, Queen of Thots
Celladorina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 05:36 AM   #42 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,160
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
How did you come to that conclusion? Well God can't be human-like as humans can't create the Universe. That's what makes him a higher being. He created humans for his own purpose. What part of the earth is humanized other than humans?
Ska comes to that conclusion because you keep using "he" to describe God as if you are assigning him a gender. Only humans have genders.
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 08:14 AM   #43 (permalink)
\/ GOD
 
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Nowhere...
Posts: 2,161
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
Ska comes to that conclusion because you keep using "he" to describe God as if you are assigning him a gender. Only humans have genders.
Well, not just gender, but 'he' usually refers to a living organism that adopts a thought pattern of some sort. You don't call a rock, or a cloud 'he'. So 'he' makes the assumption that we're speaking of a conscious singular being. Which, if studies of the earth and universe are correct, is unlikely.
__________________
Quote:
Terence Hill, as recently confirmed during an interview to an Italian TV talk-show, was offered the role but rejected it because he considered it "too violent". Dustin Hoffman and John Travolta declined the role for the same reason. When Al Pacino was considered for the role of John Rambo, he turned it down when his request that Rambo be more of a madman was rejected.
Al Pacino = God
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 11:23 AM   #44 (permalink)
( ̄ー ̄)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,258
Default

RVCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 05:22 PM   #45 (permalink)
Make it so
 
Celladorina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,872
Default

Whatever man, God is 'it' then. Happy?
__________________
"Elph is truly an enfant terrible of the forum, bless and curse him" - Marie, Queen of Thots
Celladorina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 05:26 PM   #46 (permalink)
carpe musicam
 
Neapolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Les Barricades Mystérieuses
Posts: 7,413
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra View Post
If you look at things in the sense the universe itself is God, and has no particular humanlike aspects, then there's truth to this.
The Universe is created by God, God is not the Universe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra View Post
However, from a Western point of view, what makes God different from Existence is a 'motive'. There is no centralized motive to the universe. Therefore, Judeochristian theories of God are unlikely.
What do you mean "motive?" The God in Judeo-Christianity is not physical matter, nor contains physical matter, God is a perfect Being that transcends Space and Time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra View Post
The big bang MAY be the birth of existence, or a continuation of a cycle.
The big bang is the being of the physical universe, "birth" and "existence" are used to describe a sentient being, the universe is not a sentient being.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by mord View Post
Actually, I like you a lot, Nea. That's why I treat you like ****. It's the MB way.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 05:43 PM   #47 (permalink)
\/ GOD
 
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Nowhere...
Posts: 2,161
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
The Universe is created by God, God is not the Universe.
Not to the Hindus.

Quote:
What do you mean "motive?" The God in Judeo-Christianity is not physical matter, nor contains physical matter, God is a perfect Being that transcends Space and Time.
I mean this: God created the universe... why? What is the motive to the universe's creation? If we can assume there's one singular force that's more powerful than everything dictating everything, then what's it's purpose?

Quote:
The big bang is the being of the physical universe, "birth" and "existence" are used to describe a sentient being, the universe is not a sentient being.
On what grounds do you make that assumption?
__________________
Quote:
Terence Hill, as recently confirmed during an interview to an Italian TV talk-show, was offered the role but rejected it because he considered it "too violent". Dustin Hoffman and John Travolta declined the role for the same reason. When Al Pacino was considered for the role of John Rambo, he turned it down when his request that Rambo be more of a madman was rejected.
Al Pacino = God
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 06:25 PM   #48 (permalink)
carpe musicam
 
Neapolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Les Barricades Mystérieuses
Posts: 7,413
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra View Post
If we can assume there's one singular force that's more powerful than everything dictating everything, then what's it's purpose?
It's all how you look at it, God is not "dictating" everything - that's your assumption. God created human beings and they have free will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra View Post
On what grounds do you make that assumption?
I made the assumption that the big bang is the being of the physical universe based on The Big Bang Theory.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by mord View Post
Actually, I like you a lot, Nea. That's why I treat you like ****. It's the MB way.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 06:52 PM   #49 (permalink)
\/ GOD
 
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Nowhere...
Posts: 2,161
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
It's all how you look at it, God is not "dictating" everything - that's your assumption. God created human beings and they have free will.
How I look at it, assuming there's a God is an act of redundancy, entirely.
__________________
Quote:
Terence Hill, as recently confirmed during an interview to an Italian TV talk-show, was offered the role but rejected it because he considered it "too violent". Dustin Hoffman and John Travolta declined the role for the same reason. When Al Pacino was considered for the role of John Rambo, he turned it down when his request that Rambo be more of a madman was rejected.
Al Pacino = God
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 08:24 PM   #50 (permalink)
Partying on the inside
 
Freebase Dali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,345
Default

I know it's 100 percent probable that these types of threads will result in debates about whether there's a god, but this thread is about the Big Bang theory, if I'm not mistaken. We have plenty of "is there a god" threads.
I shouldn't need to do something as drastic as editing the thread title and adding "NO GOD DISCUSSIONS", but I think there are enough people in this forum who like to have scientific discussions without people bringing god into it and starting a never-ending debate about it.

So if we can, please, let's stay on topic.
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2022 Advameg, Inc.