Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2012, 11:02 AM   #431 (permalink)
Who wants this dick?
 
Dharma & Greg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 36,502
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazstp View Post
Conversely it seems to me that belief in an afterlife kind of devalues our time on Earth. It's only value is to prove your worth for eternal life? I mean if one can't find meaning in 80 odd years what use would infinity be?
I would think that dying and becoming nothing devalues your time on Earth pretty good too. I have no desire to follow the arbitrary rules of some deity, whether he exists or not, but transhumanism seems a perfectly acceptable alternative. Go cyborg!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin & Hobbes
To evaluate my character my immediate pleasure is being pitted against my future greed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
Dharma & Greg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:15 PM   #432 (permalink)
Passerby
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Void
Posts: 299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
I always thought if I was a God, I guess I'd grant my followers some very real and tangible rewards in this life for following my dogma. Like perhaps they wouldn't get sick and not age as long as they stick to my rules.
Sorry tore. There's not a whole lot of rat songs out there. So, we'll just dedicate this to all the other rats in the cellar. Yes! Another rat song!

You capitalized it again, and, it is a curiosity as to why? There is a rant in progress that is clear and concise, but, it may be just as misunderstood as any. One has to wonder.

For the sake of curiosity tore; what is your 'dogma'?

This is a great song, but, it is rather dark.



Shoot from the back,
take good aim,
Make sure I'm dead
Bang Bang

'Cause I'm a rat
there's no mistake
Under the bed
where you sleep

Crush the skull
make me tame
Sweep it up
Hide it away

No morals shown
in no way explained
Stupid human
Sh*t for brains

And draw tiny pictures
'round all the dead leaves
Bag and burn
Bang Bang

Throw your judgments
across the breeze
Bag and burn
Bang Bang

You live inside
your J*us dream
Bag and burn
Bang Bang

Get some sleep
or lie in wait
Until the day
I'll burn away

Forget the corpse
present the case
to bring me down
and lose your words

I'll follow you
into the grave
and at the gates
I see the passing say,

"The judge be judged,
all the wretched be saved."
I throw my curse
all across your days

And draw tiny pictures
'round all the days
Bag and burn
Bang Bang

Throw your judgments
across the breeze
Bag and burn
Bang Bang

You live inside
your J*us dream
Bag and burn
Bang Bang

And draw tiny pictures
'round all the days

Throw your judgments
across the breeze

Watch them float off
to never be saved

You live inside
your J*us dream

This one just doesn't make sense It makes sense, but, I believe it was severely heroin induced Good song though.



Rats In The Cellar lyrics
Goin' under, rats in the cellar
Goin' under, skin's turnin' yellow
Nose is runny, losin' my connection
Losin' money, getting no affection

New York City blues
East side, West side blues
Throw me in the slam
Catch me if you can
Believe
That you're wearing
Tearing me apart

Safe complaining, 'cause everything's rotten
Go insanin', and ain't a thing forgotten
Feelin' cozy, Rats In The Cellar
Cheeks are rosy, skin's turning yellow
Loose and soggy, lookin' rather lazy
See my body, pushin up the daisies

New York City's dues
East side, west side news
Throw me in the slam
Catch me if you can
Believe
That you're wearing
Tearing me apart

New York City blues
East side, west side blues
Throw me in the slam
A catch me if you can
Believe
That you're wearing
Tearing me apart

Last edited by blankety blank; 03-23-2012 at 12:17 PM. Reason: edit
blankety blank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:57 PM   #433 (permalink)
Passerby
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Void
Posts: 299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIRIUSB View Post
Not at all. Reincarnation allows for us to 'get it right' finally and spiritually evolve past this physical plane. An Afterlife (Duat in Egyptian) is not a heaven or hell, it is US absolving back into our subjective universe and our G-dSelf.
This is a plausible observation, or, even scenario. Not sure about the underworld connection, but, the transmigration, and, spiritually evolving beyond this 'plane', and getting it right makes a lot more sense than one shot and off to hell you go. Which is not actually what it says, but, that would be the current interpretation. Without ever reading about Tuat, or Duat, or Doo Wa Diddy, this is something i have pondered, or haven't. It was a scenario that has arisen in this pea brain of misunderstanding.

It would apparently have to involve planes of existence, because, i don't believe anyone has ever seen a ghost come up out of the ground. Everyone knows that zombies do that.

Quote:
80 years is nothing for some people, they barely learn manners.
The key word there is 'some'.

Donít turn away
from possible futures
before youíre certain you donít have
anything to learn from them.
Youíre always free
to change your mind and
choose a different future, or
a different
past.

You won't find this in the Pauline letters, but, it is scripture.

Since, 'scripture' actually means 'written material'.

And, for the sake of posting music; this is a popular tune. It had 74 views; and, i made it 75

blankety blank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:25 PM   #434 (permalink)
Passerby
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Void
Posts: 299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I would think that dying and becoming nothing devalues your time on Earth pretty good too. I have no desire to follow the arbitrary rules of some deity, whether he exists or not, but transhumanism seems a perfectly acceptable alternative. Go cyborg!
Transhumanism, abbreviated as H+ or h+.

Hey Batlord, look up parasitic h. It's not connected, but, it is interesting. You'll have to scroll.

Just for you batlord. Is this where you got your user name?

blankety blank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:14 PM   #435 (permalink)
Get in ma belly
 
Salami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Derbyshire
Posts: 1,355
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankety blank View Post
Anyone who do not read my posts. Skim the bold if you like. So, do not appear to be scattered rants of nonsense. It's up to anyone. i don't care.

Salami. First of all, what happened to your powers? You were mighty. Silly i know. i am aware of that.
Good lord, I'm guessing you're addressing me here?
Quote:
What i was referring to was a process of water purification outside the of the structure what you call a body.

i don't about over there, but, over here you can to the grocery, and, they have these machines. You can go to these machines with water jugs, and, you pull a handle, and, water comes down, and fills your jugs.

You can bring your own, and, as many as you like. i use what is close enough to four litres. We call them gallons. Why, I have no idea. We were taught in 1973 that America would go to the metric system by 1985. They don't keep many promises.

I promised tore not to rant, so, I will to you salami, because, i will.

These machines use a process called 'reverse osmosis'. They are not biological machines, so, i was referring to drinking, and, water we use to cook, and bath, and that sort of thing These machines take the salts out, and actually use ultra-violet light, or radiation to further clean out an impurities. it makes the fluoride and chlorine go away, but, i'm sure it's useless. We have pores and showering daily kind of defeats the purpose. Which is why i bath monthly. Don't take that seriously. I have to wonder.

Thanks Salami. I just found why they don't use this process for our municipal water supplies. They don't know where to dump all the salt they leave behind.

They know where to dump all the nuclear waste, but, they don't know what to do with brine, or excess salts left behind from the process! Sure wouldn't want to dump it in any environment, so, I figured out what i need to learn from your reply.
I've had a look into the mechanics of "reverse osmosis", which seems to be an industrial process for water purification, the mechanics of which are nothing to do with the use of ultra-violet light, the purpose of that is not to "remove salts" but to damage the DNA of any bacteria living in the water, which kills them and makes the water drinkable. As for removing salts, "reverse osmosis" is a synthetic process, which from what I can gather works by "applying pressure to the side of the partially permeable membrane with the greater concentration of large ions". This is interesting, so if you're allowed to ramble then I'M DAMN WELL GOING TO TELL YOU MORE ABOUT THE BIOLOGY BEHIND THIS - it's useful for both your and my wider education.
Basically, the following passage will be the explanation provided (free of charge) by the Mighty Salami about how this mechanism works, taken from a highly specialised yet inconceivably tedious engineering equipment guide I found in my father's office (who happens to be a professor in Applied Physics, I regret that I in no way resemble him).

OK, the key here is the "partially permeable membrane". I personally (and I think tore will agree) dislike the term "partially permeable", because it gives absolutely sod all elaboration on what it's actual function is. I much prefer the term "selectively permeable", because it tells us a lot more - only certain molecules can pass through. And in this case, large molecules cannot. Imagine the barrier to be like a net almost, and balls of various sizes are being squeezed up against it. The smaller balls represent water molecules, Steve, because H2O consists only of three ions. However, the larger ions are the impurities in the water, for example, sodium chloride and magnesium chloride which are salts found commonly in water. These can be imagined as larger balls, which cannot pass through the net.

Now, you're probably asking - "how can you get molecules of varying sizes to be separated so that certain ones are segregated?" And the answer to that is to apply more pressure on the side the impure solution is on so that only the pure water passes through. Ingenious!
I don't know what you think but stuff like this really interests me!


I'm addressing this because you seemed to think that "reverse osmosis" was applicable in explaining a biological mechanism: in reality it isn't because it's only found in highly specialised industrial water purification processes.

I'm going into all this detail because you clearly thought that this process can be found in nature, and be used to explain certain natural features of organisms - and it can't.

What is used in organisms for this purpose takes the form of a whole variety of solutions including active transport, ion pathways... the mechanisms are still being discovered.

I hope you found reading this interesting, because I had enormous fun investigating!

Quote:


Yes you may, but, let's ask the book.

"You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men".

I know you are a Christian, so, do you see how one verse is like a grain of wheat? And, that one verse can be studied, and worked, and can grow into many different meanings and interpretations. So, it not a matter of my Words lacking flavor. It is all the people who like flavorless food, and, that is exactly why my posts get thrown out and trampled by everyone. I add spice, i am not here to be all that serious, but, it's coming salami. It just might be time to clear this thread up. Or, begin a new thread. i haven't decided yet, but, i will be concise, yet, i am sure to ignored as well.

And, by the way. No offense salami, i like you. But, if i wish to account anyone or anything they say to righteousness; i can do it if i choose. i don't care he meant, it meant something for my benefit. Regardless of whether it was an insult, which it probably was. It's my call salami, it's my kingdom within, so, it was not exactly a correct judgment.

Everything happens for a reason salami. So, if i don't make sense to people, it is because it is not suppose to, not because it doesn't make sense.

Now, tore and i were discussing the water supply of the liquid that comes from a faucet. Not, how osmosis works biologically.

I learned something from your reply, so, it was a good thing for me, and, i do account to you for righteousness. The reply was not correct, but, the result of learning something that is true is right.

You did say 'with all due respect'. It's a nice gesture salami, and, i say thanks, but did you really mean it is your call.

So, here is food for thought, and, i will bold my major points, and, you can skip the rest, if you like. It's for me and a purpose, it doesn't need to be read. i am no longer cutting and pasting. i am not going to sound scattered. it will come to the time, that i will be direct and concise.

Someday salami, you will understand that we all here on this site for a reason.

That's it for now. i still love you salami, and, even better less mighty. i still don't eat pork, however.

We need pressure for osmosis, so, Queen seems to always have a good song for things. Freddie Mercury was a queen, and mercury is the messenger.
David Bowie? He? He/she came along for this one.

I will bold, so, take care mate

'Truth is one single thing and it is also many things for our sakes who learn this one thing in love through many things'.

The lyrics are on the screen, but, i am going to post them. He's making a point of how it may just may apply to reverse osmosis as it applies to society. See if you catch it salami. You'll either see it or not.

Edit: Whoops! Sorry, I forgot to post a video. Here is a band from a local town called Macclesfield:



I can't post the lyrics, because I would be BANNED FOREVER.
Salami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:36 PM   #436 (permalink)
Juicious Maximus III
 
tore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Scabb Island
Posts: 5,935
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankety blank View Post
You capitalized it again, and, it is a curiosity as to why?
Just a slip, guess I was a bit quick there. Perhaps I should edit that for the sake of consistency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankety blank View Post
For the sake of curiosity tore; what is your 'dogma'?
I don't know, I've never had to think some up, but it should include something about treating people nice and perhaps there should be something in there about sustainable taxation of natural resources and so on considering where the world is headed.
__________________
In the age of information, ignorance is a choice.
tore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:37 PM   #437 (permalink)
Passerby
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Void
Posts: 299
Default

[QUOTE=Salami;1168498]Good lord, I'm guessing you're addressing me here?
I've had a look into the mechanics of "reverse osmosis", which seems to be an industrial process for water purification, the mechanics of which are nothing to do with the use of ultra-violet light, the purpose of that is not to "remove salts" but to damage the DNA of any bacteria living in the water, which kills them and makes the water drinkable. As for removing salts, "reverse osmosis" is a synthetic process, which from what I can gather works by "applying pressure to the side of the partially permeable membrane with the greater concentration of large ions". This is interesting, so if you're allowed to ramble then I'M DAMN WELL GOING TO TELL YOU MORE ABOUT THE BIOLOGY BEHIND THIS - it's useful for both your and my wider education.
Basically, the following passage will be the explanation provided (free of charge) by the Mighty Salami about how this mechanism works, taken from a highly specialized yet inconceivably tedious engineering equipment guide I found in my father's office (who happens to be a professor in Applied Physics, I regret that I in no way resemble him).

OK, the key here is the "partially permeable membrane". I personally (and I think tore will agree) dislike the term "partially permeable", because it gives absolutely sod all elaboration on what it's actual function is. I much prefer the term "selectively permeable", because it tells us a lot more - only certain molecules can pass through. And in this case, large molecules cannot. Imagine the barrier to be like a net almost, and balls of various sizes are being squeezed up against it. The smaller balls represent water molecules, Steve, because H2O consists only of three ions. However, the larger ions are the impurities in the water, for example, sodium chloride and magnesium chloride which are salts found commonly in water. These can be imagined as larger balls, which cannot pass through the net.

Now, you're probably asking - "how can you get molecules of varying sizes to be separated so that certain ones are segregated?" And the answer to that is to apply more pressure on the side the impure solution is on so that only the pure water passes through. Ingenious!
I don't know what you think but stuff like this really interests me!

I'm addressing this because you seemed to think that "reverse osmosis" was applicable in explaining a biological mechanism: in reality it isn't because it's only found in highly specialized industrial water purification processes.

I'm going into all this detail because you clearly thought that this process can be found in nature, and be used to explain certain natural features of organisms - and it can't.

What is used in organisms for this purpose takes the form of a whole variety of solutions including active transport, ion pathways... the mechanisms are still being discovered.

I hope you found reading this interesting, because I had enormous fun investigating!

I found it interesting, so, it is being left there to read again, however.

Quote:
I'm going into all this detail because you clearly thought that this process can be found in nature, and be used to explain certain natural features of organisms - and it can't.
Nope. I wasn't thinking that at all. Sorry mate.

Quote:
in reality it isn't because it's only found in highly specialized industrial water purification processes.

This was exactly what i was talking about. Water purification, not, biological reverse osmosis. All the build up of the salts created by disassociation might have a problem passing through the semi-permeable membrane. It's a theory, but, it appears that all that salt might either get clogged in the cell, or, trap other toxins that may fester on out into the lymph. It's also corrosive, and, can rot any metal. Even heavy metal! And, i would imagine could build up as a nasty deposit on any metal as well, like calcium. They call them 'bone spurs' over here, and, a little expensive surgery cuts them right off

So, will split this up with a song.



I don't think you guys over there fluoridate the water, but, over here they put the sh*t in everything. It is the love machine of electronegative salt-formers, and bonds with everything. It's poison dude, check the research.

Water fluoridation controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Your 'Green Party' evidently takes a stand on this issue.

Kids have died ingesting toothpaste mate. It is nuclear waste mate.

It doesn't matter who rants, and how long. No one gives a sh*t. I asked a friend many years ago, who is a chemist for Dow what fluoride was? He said, 'it's an element; it's good for your teeth'! A chemist Salami. The 'ide' didn't phase him! I would have LMAO, but, he is a pretty serious fundamentalist, and, a Philistine to be sure. But, he makes a darn good living doing something with chemicals for our benefit to be sure.

Oh well, thanks for the info. It was interesting.

And, please, no replies from anyone in any country with socialized health care telling me that these are far-fetched ideas. We have a 'for huge profit' health care system in this country, and, these things are going on here. Fluorine is poison, the body does not produce it, along with several other highly electronegative halogens, and, toxic microorganisms that make people sick. These drug companies and the PTB over there have no incentive to sicken you folks. There is no profit to be made. They use preventive medicines there, and, they do not here. It's a fact.

Salami, i make no claims to be a biology or chemistry expert. I do know just enough to understand how the processes work. it was a rant on industrial water purification, and, the UV radiation applies to the small machines in grocery stores that use this process for purification of water you can buy at the store. It's about 6m high, and 3m wide, but, does clean up the water, so they advertise.

i don't know if your government actually runs your country, but, i know that ours does not. It is run by corporate lobbyists, and, the major oligopolies that peddle the cash to make the laws. They have these rednecks over here believing that any socialized programs are one step away from Nazi fascism. So, 'Hail to the Chiefs'!

Which ends this pointless rant. At, least with a good song. The bold is the points.



So where o' where do all the revolutionaries hide
Have they all decided not to come outside
Give me a simple sign
To know if you're alive...or dead

Just raise the flag and finger
And leave it there to linger
Yeah this is my solution
This is my American revolution


Let's take the condom off the microphone
Cause there's no one to protect
And no you can't spread disease
Through profanities...or your intellect

So I raise the flag and finger
and I leave it there to linger
Yeah this is my solution
This is my American revolution

Freedom is fragile
Like the freedom to speak out
Yeah, the freedom to tell them
When to shove it where the sun don't shine

And we raise the flag and finger
And leave it there to linger
Yeah this is our solution
And this is my American revolution
Yeah this is my American revolution
Yeah this is my American revolution


Quote:
This is interesting, so if you're allowed to ramble then I'M DAMN WELL GOING TO TELL YOU MORE ABOUT THE BIOLOGY BEHIND THIS - it's useful for both your and my wider education.
That was just to get attention, and, not facetious in any way, right? Ramble away mate, i'll read, that's a certainty. i have repeatedly said that i was no one's teacher, and, here to learn.

And, one last rant to clear up this thread coming soon. it was not me who clears this up constantly (and I think tore will agree, and i think he's a pretty good dude.). i have to believe to be a bit more than 75% alien

Last edited by blankety blank; 03-23-2012 at 06:03 PM. Reason: edit
blankety blank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:18 PM   #438 (permalink)
Passerby
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Void
Posts: 299
Default

Salami wrote:
Quote:
This is interesting, so if you're allowed to ramble then I'M DAMN WELL GOING TO TELL YOU MORE ABOUT THE BIOLOGY BEHIND THIS - it's useful for both your and my wider education.
Forgot Salami. The song was grossly funny!. I'll have to return the favor on my next reply. Tell me more about biology if you don't mind. The CNS processes would be great mate. I forget almost all of this sh*t. It was a long time ago, and, they don't exactly make it difficult at most universities or schools over here. Ramble on. A great tune as well.



Leaves are falling all around,
Its time I was on my way.
Thanks to you, Im much obliged
For such a pleasant stay.

But now its time for me to go,
The autumn moon lights my way.
For now I smell the rain,
And with it pain,
And its headed my way.
Ah, sometimes I grow so tired,
But I know Ive got one thing I got to do,

Ramble on,
And nows the time, the time is now
To sing my song.
Im goin round the world,
I got to find my girl, on my way.
Ive been this way ten years to the day, ramble on,
Gotta find the queen of all my dreams.

Got no time to for spreadin roots,
The time has come to be gone.
And tho our health we drank a thousand times,
Its time to ramble on.

Ramble on,
And nows the time, the time is now
To sing my song.
Im goin round the world,
I got to find my girl, on my way.
Ive been this way ten years to the day, ramble on,
Gotta find the queen of all my dreams.

I aint tellin no lie.

Mines a tale that cant be told,
My freedom I hold dear;
How years ago in days of old
When magic filled the air,
Twas in the darkest depths of mordor
I met a girl so fair,
But gollum, and the evil one crept up
And slipped away with her.
Her, her....yea.
Aint nothing I can do, no.

Ramble on,
And nows the time, the time is now
To sing my song.
Im goin round the world,
I got to find my girl, on my way.
Ive been this way ten years to the day, ramble on,
Gotta find the queen of all my dreams.

Gonna ramble on, sing my song
Gotta keep-a-searchin for my baby...
Gonna work my way, round the world
I cant stop this feelin in my heart
Gotta keep searchin for my baby
I cant find my bluebird!
Id listen to my bluebird sing but I cant find my blue bird
A-keep-a ramblin baby...
blankety blank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 09:29 AM   #439 (permalink)
Who wants this dick?
 
Dharma & Greg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 36,502
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankety blank View Post
Just for you batlord. Is this where you got your user name?
Nope. This band gave me my user name. Just look at the name. It kinda looks like Batlord

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin & Hobbes
To evaluate my character my immediate pleasure is being pitted against my future greed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
Dharma & Greg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:12 AM   #440 (permalink)
Passerby
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Void
Posts: 299
Default

[QUOTE=The Batlord;1168777]Nope. This band gave me my user name. Just look at the name. It kinda looks like Batlord

It actually looks more like Baphomet, but, if you say Batlord, i can't argue

I don't have any good bat songs; and, i used all my rat songs for tore. So, i have to use a vampire song. It's a goody, though, you may not like it. Take a listen anyway. i think it's more about junkies than vampires, however



Come see the vampires of New York
Come lose your mind in Central Park
But don't leave your soul behind
Come take in 8th street after dark
Such peculiar people you'll remark
You might even see a murder
And all the whores on Bleecker Street
They wear the blissful grin
Caused by the drugs they take
To relieve them of their sins
And "oh lord I think she's dying"
I heard somebody say
I think she's dying
And "oh oh lord I think she's dying"
Or maybe she's already dead
And maybe she's gone to Mars
Maybe we could even write
Her epitaph in the stars
It'd say "If you go away from here...
If you go a million miles..."
Come downtown to see them go
Into the den of the vampires of New York
But please watch your step
As you're getting off, kids
blankety blank is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.