Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2013, 10:55 PM   #301 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,026
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3 View Post
Either someone is blocking me, or I have no idea who this would be directed at.
I'm pretty sure it was directed at Pan.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:56 PM   #302 (permalink)
David Hasselhoff
 
Paul Smeenus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Back in Portland, OR
Posts: 3,162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3 View Post
Either someone is blocking me, or I have no idea who this would be directed at.


This is proof that it's not directed at you dude
Paul Smeenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:01 PM   #303 (permalink)
DO LIKE YOU.
 
P A N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 623
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
No, you bringing your conspiracy theory crap into this thread is what's rude. The fact that you do it every time there's some kind of tragedy is what's rude. It insults people who are dealing with a reality that affects their loved ones by trying to turn what they are dealing with into X-Files episode.

You want to believe in whatever you want, go ahead. Just please try and show some tact. You yourself admit it doesn't belong in this thread, keep that in mind in the future.
like i said, i will do that. but if you wanna keep name-calling and slinging generalizations my way while simultaneously saying that i'm out of line (after i agreed to stop talking about this) you can be sure i will continue the conversation. i say it stops, but i'm not just going to shut up when people start talking about black helicopters and aliens. i've never once said anything of the sort. i will defend myself by way of making it clear that i have no ill intent or a wish to stir the pot.

in all seriousness, i spend the hours i do reading all this crazy sh*t because i want to know what's up. i care. a lot. i want to know that the guy who is going to take the fall for this is the guy that did it. nothing more.

so, i do apologize for saying that there are inconsistencies in the media's reports of the investigation and that the guy's mother might not be out of her mind within this thread. i admit that i could have started a separate thread about it and probably should have. it was a mistake though. as in, an unintentional fault, and for it being something so simple, so human, i think i could have received a reprimand in a much more constructive manner.
P A N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:05 PM   #304 (permalink)
The Music Guru.
 
Burning Down's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Beyond the Wall
Posts: 4,731
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Cool. If someone ever tries to kill your family maybe we can get Pan to come spin some fun stories about black helicopters for you. Then we can all critique how polite your response is.
You don't even know me, and you don't know my family. How can you assume that I would respond in an impolite fashion? I'm pretty sure that if someone else had responded to Pan that way, you'd probably dole out an infraction.

This is really the first bit of forum drama I have been directly involved in, and to be honest, I'm surprised it's with you.
Burning Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:17 PM   #305 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,026
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Down View Post
You don't even know me, and you don't know my family. How can you assume that I would respond in an impolite fashion?
I'm not assuming anything. Maybe you'd be all peaches and sunshine and we could all have a good chuckle about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Down View Post
I'm pretty sure that if someone else had responded to Pan that way, you'd probably dole out an infraction.
I can tell you for a fact I wouldn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Down View Post
This is really the first bit of forum drama I have been directly involved in, and to be honest, I'm surprised it's with you.
And I'm surprised at how callous and clueless you're being.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:49 PM   #306 (permalink)
The Music Guru.
 
Burning Down's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Beyond the Wall
Posts: 4,731
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
I'm not assuming anything. Maybe you'd be all peaches and sunshine and we could all have a good chuckle about it.
It is possible to show how upset or angry you are with someone's statements while also being diplomatic at the same time. Same goes for somebody choosing to laugh at my misfortunes.

You know, maybe I'll let you guys have a free laugh at the expense of my boyfriend who had a knife pulled on him at a gas station 6 months ago, or maybe about the time my father fell through a glass door while he was on a ladder painting the ceiling. You can all put on your tinfoil hats and antennas and say how this stuff was deliberately planned.

Quote:
I can tell you for a fact I wouldn't.
Maybe that's true. I was wrong to assume you would (or even that another mod would).

Quote:
And I'm surprised at how callous and clueless you're being.
So you can state your opinion on how someone else's opinion offended you, but I can't say that I thought your response was a brash overreaction? And because I did and I elaborated on it, I'm being callous? Wait, I forgot that this is MB - where some people have the privilege to say what they want and be blunt, and not get reprimanded for it, while others don't have that luxury. I guess I fall into the latter category.

I'm going to bed now. Need to rest my clueless mind.
Burning Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:43 AM   #307 (permalink)
Crazyyyyyy Train
 
Celladorina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,832
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exoskeletal View Post


My laughing is unrelated to the subject, just the gif.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Cool. If someone ever tries to kill your family maybe we can get Pan to come spin some fun stories about black helicopters for you. Then we can all critique how polite your response is.
I completely agree with how you responded, if my family had been nearly murdered I would react exactly the same. You don't even need that as a reason, the fact that your in Boston and have emotions means you will be upset by the situation - I know I was and I don't even live in the US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
well, my post started with "i'm not siding with the mother, but i certainly don't outright deny the viability of her claims." this, in concert with everything else i said and the way i worded it, was supposed to reflect the fact that i don't actually believe anything that i'm hearing and seeing, but making damn sure that i take the time to consider as many angles as possible.

please reiterate the part underlined, as i flat out don't understand your point. i'm sure you have one (and i'm not being belligerent or sarcastic), just something about the wording or something is not letting it click in my head.

as far as research, the only documents that will ever come out of this are police reports and court filings. i haven't been able to find a police report yet, and the court filings obviously don't exist. i would argue though that research isn't strictly limited to official documents. i've listened to his aunt speak. i listened to a friend (touted as a friend, but is actually more of a close-ish acquaintance) of the 19 year old. and i basically read and watch as much news as i can. i stay away from blogs and "tin foil hat" sites, thank you very much. i have no desire to immerse myself in conspiratorial thought. but when i see inconsistencies, i want to know more.

your assumptions are scary.
Are you that selfish that you are still pushing your opinions on upset folks?
Celladorina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:25 AM   #308 (permalink)
DO LIKE YOU.
 
P A N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 623
Default

Yes. Im pushing my opinions, and i'm doing it out of selfishness. That's exactly why i spend countless hours reading about current events. Because i'm selfish. Right.

I wasn't pushing anything, and i'm still not. I'm certainly up for some more reading though, if you'd like to back up that claim, vanilla... You know, extrapolating a bit rather than just blurting out irrelevant insults?
P A N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:08 AM   #309 (permalink)
Crazyyyyyy Train
 
Celladorina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,832
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
Yes. Im pushing my opinions, and i'm doing it out of selfishness. That's exactly why i spend countless hours reading about current events. Because i'm selfish. Right.

I wasn't pushing anything, and i'm still not. I'm certainly up for some more reading though, if you'd like to back up that claim, vanilla... You know, extrapolating a bit rather than just blurting out irrelevant insults?
PAN, time to move out of this thread. PM if you want to discuss your opinions further with others, this has gotten out of hand and has already upset enough people. I'm not saying you're not allowed an opinion but you need to learn when enough is enough. We know how you feel about the situation and it's time this drama was finished. Any more posts related to this recent drama will be deleted. That includes everybody else too.
Celladorina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:10 AM   #310 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: India
Posts: 8
Default No bombing please

Let live in peace others and you too
Musico Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.