Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2013, 10:40 AM   #81 (permalink)
Atchin' Akai
 
right-track's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Unamerica
Posts: 8,696
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Except, like I said, there is absolutely no reason to think any of the victims donated money to fund terrorism. That's why your comments are so god damn obnoxious. The fact that you're apparently so unrepentant about it is honestly kind of nauseating.
I never said, nor thought any of the victims had donated money to the IRA.
What I did say was I agreed with Urban about those living in Boston who had, now know what it's like.
I hope they have time to reflect on their obnoxious and nauseating donations that helped fund the death of innocent men, women and children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorOldPo View Post
^
It would be like someone from Ireland saying the same thing, if a load of unarmed civil rights protesters were shot down in England.
[I]
"Now they know what it feels like"
Don't talk like a twat!
right-track is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:48 AM   #82 (permalink)
Blue Pill Oww
 
PoorOldPo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Luimneach, Eire
Posts: 1,039
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by right-track View Post
I never said, nor thought any of the victims had donated money to the IRA.
What I did say was I agreed with Urban about those living in Boston who had, now know what it's like.
Because they need to be reminded right, despite the fact the vast majority had nothing to do with it. The vast majority of British people had nothing to do with its' government's atrocities, should they be literally reminded about those?

Quote:
Originally Posted by right-track View Post
I hope they have time to reflect on their obnoxious and nauseating donations that helped fund the death of innocent men, women and children.
Your argument is just going around in circles, man.
PoorOldPo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:49 AM   #83 (permalink)
Atchin' Akai
 
right-track's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Unamerica
Posts: 8,696
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorOldPo View Post

Your argument is just going round in circles, man.
Tell that to the victims of terrorism. I'm sure they'll agree
right-track is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:52 AM   #84 (permalink)
Blue Pill Oww
 
PoorOldPo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Luimneach, Eire
Posts: 1,039
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by right-track View Post
Tell that to the victims of terrorism. I'm sure they'll agree
I'm sure they will.


I will tell it to the victims on both sides.
PoorOldPo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:53 AM   #85 (permalink)
Atchin' Akai
 
right-track's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Unamerica
Posts: 8,696
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorOldPo View Post
I'm sure they will.


I will tell it to the victims on both sides.
Incidentally, just exactly what do you think my argument is?
right-track is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:58 AM   #86 (permalink)
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: So-Cal
Posts: 3,653
Default

Carlos Arredondo hailed as hero for Boston Marathon rescue efforts | World news | guardian.co.uk

This story was pretty touching. Sorry for all of the people in Boston dealing with this aftermath. I watched all last night hoping they would find the perpetrators. Lots of people will say they lose faith in humanity, but stories like this reaffirm why people should always have faith in humanity.
FRED HALE SR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:26 AM   #87 (permalink)
The Music Guru.
 
Burning Down's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Beyond the Wall
Posts: 4,731
Default

So wait, people who still live in Boston who may have funded the IRA in some capacity many years ago deserved this? What? How can you even dare to make that connection? I'm definitely not surprised that such a rude and inappropriate attitude has surfaced, but I am actually shocked that it came from Urban and RT. You're allowed to hold any opinion that you want, but it was definitely disrespectful to the majority (and probably ALL) of the victims who weren't involved in the schemes of the IRA.
Burning Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:29 AM   #88 (permalink)
Atchin' Akai
 
right-track's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Unamerica
Posts: 8,696
Default

Yes, if we're including the "majority (and probably ALL) of the victims who weren't involved in the schemes of the IRA"...which we're not.
right-track is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:32 AM   #89 (permalink)
The Music Guru.
 
Burning Down's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Beyond the Wall
Posts: 4,731
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by right-track View Post
Yes, if we're including the "majority (and probably ALL) of the victims who weren't involved in the schemes of the IRA"...which we're not.
I'm sorry, I still think the argument was in poor taste regardless.
Burning Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:35 AM   #90 (permalink)
The Sexual Intellectual
 
Urban Hat€monger ?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Somewhere cooler than you
Posts: 18,449
Default

I never even said they deserved it, and we're not talking a long time ago we're talking about something that still goes on today.

Like I said it's not an uncommon opinion in Britain and I don't see at all how my comments are detrimental to the real victims in this.
__________________



Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.