Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2014, 12:28 AM   #11 (permalink)
Dragon
 
Wpnfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Kansas, United States
Posts: 2,631
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Cops can sometimes be trigger happy *******s and dumb kids can sometimes be thugs, but rioters are always stupid and counter productive.
This is pretty much my thoughts on this. Now I am going to bed.
Wpnfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 01:27 AM   #12 (permalink)
GuD
Dude... What?
 
GuD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,217
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo_ View Post
This supports my point in all this.

People shouldn't have to wait in a situation like this. They've been angry for months. They should have made the announcement with specific details on WHY they made the announcement. Right now, they kind of just said "Nope, no jail." and everybody is asking "why?" and are left with "We'll tell you later". That's incredibly irresponsible by the justice department. This could be a case where this officer ACTUALLY had his life in danger and the shooting was on good grounds. How many businesses are going to burn? How many injuries are going to occur? How many houses will be looted? How many deaths are going to happen until we know the truth?

It's completely irresponsible.
I'm having a hard time buying that as a possibility dude. It would be very unfortunate if the riots were in vain but I just can't see how. The kid ran for it and was shot at at least 6 times. In the open goddamn street no less. And left there, dead, for what was it? 5 hours? The circumstances are so unbelievably shady I find it hard to believe anything other than a hot-headed cop got worked up and shot a kid without warning is what happened.

I'm so pissed I can barely write properly
__________________
I spit bullets in my feet
Every time I speak
So I write instead
And still people want me dead
~msc
GuD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 01:32 AM   #13 (permalink)
Mord
 
Zhanteimi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 4,588
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhateverDude View Post
The kid ran for it and was shot at at least 6 times.
According to the officer and several eyewitness (we know nothing of the forensic evidence yet), Brown turned back and rushed at Wilson. If this is true, Brown wasn't running away when he was shot but was rather rushing up to attack Wilson. If this isn't true (meaning, if the forensics told a different story), then Wilson would have been discovered as a liar. And then he would've been indicted. Since he wasn't indicted, we can reasonably guess what the forensic evidence showed...or the forensic evidence did indeed show that Wilson lied, the grand jury shrugged, and didn't indict him anyway.

Last edited by Zhanteimi; 11-25-2014 at 01:39 AM.
Zhanteimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 01:33 AM   #14 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,016
Default

John Wilkes Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 08:15 AM   #15 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits
 
Exo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordwyr View Post
According to the officer and several eyewitness (we know nothing of the forensic evidence yet), Brown turned back and rushed at Wilson. If this is true, Brown wasn't running away when he was shot but was rather rushing up to attack Wilson. If this isn't true (meaning, if the forensics told a different story), then Wilson would have been discovered as a liar. And then he would've been indicted. Since he wasn't indicted, we can reasonably guess what the forensic evidence showed...or the forensic evidence did indeed show that Wilson lied, the grand jury shrugged, and didn't indict him anyway.
I don't know why people are on your case so much. Most of what you're saying makes sense. We need to know what they know.
__________________
LastFM
My Film Blog That I don't Write in Anymore
jsmith7389 on Spotify
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post
ants are at every zoo you ever been to bitch
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
elph

would you kiss the vagina of a woman who asked you to switch off half japanese?
Exo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 08:54 AM   #16 (permalink)
BD9
 
WWWP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,953
Default

People just want the cop to be made into an example. No matter my opinions on his innocence, no one, civilian or officer, should ever be jailed for a crime in which there is insufficient evidence.

This is an issue with complexity in its roots, anyone who expected a "correct" outcome is a fool.
__________________
spotify.
soundcloud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Probably Wolf

She’ll ban hammer your ass before your dick gets hard even
WWWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 09:24 AM   #17 (permalink)
Maelian
 
ladyislingering's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Seattle
Posts: 544
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post
First I was angry, then I laughed way too hard at this. Damn Fergface.
__________________
You and I,
We were born to die.
ladyislingering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 10:18 AM   #18 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,026
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverinewolfweiselpigeon View Post
People just want the cop to be made into an example. No matter my opinions on his innocence, no one, civilian or officer, should ever be jailed for a crime in which there is insufficient evidence.

This is an issue with complexity in its roots, anyone who expected a "correct" outcome is a fool.
This wasn't a trial though, so it wasn't about deciding guilt or innocence.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 11:11 AM   #19 (permalink)
BD9
 
WWWP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,953
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
This wasn't a trial though, so it wasn't about deciding guilt or innocence.
You're right, my mistake. But I think the nature of my comment still stands - we can't make exceptions in the justice system based on emotion if you want the justice system to work.
__________________
spotify.
soundcloud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Probably Wolf

She’ll ban hammer your ass before your dick gets hard even
WWWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 12:29 PM   #20 (permalink)
Cardboard Box Realtor
 
LoathsomePete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hobb's End
Posts: 7,630
Default

I'm curious how many of the rioters are actual residents of Ferguson and how many are from out of town.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.