Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2015, 09:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
washed up
 
YorkeDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Pangaea
Posts: 3,317
Default South Carolina shooting

The rundown: some White dude walks into an African American church in Charleston, sits around while they're all praying for a bit, and then decides to shoot and kill 9 people. He leaves a few alive on purpose and tells them he did it so that the survivors could tell people what happened. Luckily after a huge manhunt the scumbag was caught by police just a little bit ago.

Obviously a hate crime and he'll likely be charged federally to life in prison.
__________________
http://cloudcover1.bandcamp.com/
http://daydreamsociety.bandcamp.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
You are literally hitler.
YorkeDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 10:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,016
Default

well i don't know about you people, but i think this white guy sounds like a real jerk

John Wilkes Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 10:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
Oracle
 
RoxyRollah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Closer then you think.....
Posts: 4,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkeDaddy View Post
The rundown: some White dude walks into an African American church in Charleston, sits around while they're all praying for a bit, and then decides to shoot and kill 9 people. He leaves a few alive on purpose and tells them he did it so that the survivors could tell people what happened. Luckily after a huge manhunt the scumbag was caught by police just a little bit ago.

Obviously a hate crime and he'll likely be charged federally to life in prison.
More than likely it'll be death. Hate crimes can be punishable by death. In order for it to be death penalty worthy, it has to be two or more people, or law enforcement officer. A girlfriend of mine had had her head bashed in and her boyfriend was murdered next to her (for a bottle of wild irish rose and 10 bucks fyi.) And the prosecutor looked at her and said I can't seek death two or more had to die or it had to be a cop.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
Roxy is unable to perpetrate violence. It always somehow turns into BDSM between two consenting adults.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I just want to say your tits are lovely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Roxy is the William S. Burroughs of our time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I like Roxy, she's awesome and her taste in music far exceeds yours. Roxy is in the Major League bro, and you're like a sad clown in a two bit rodeo.
RoxyRollah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 10:46 AM   #4 (permalink)
Acattin Sane
 
Fluff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 8,227
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
More than likely it'll be death. Hate crimes can be punishable by death. In order for it to be death penalty worthy, it has to be two or more people, or law enforcement officer. A girlfriend of mine had had her head bashed in and her boyfriend was murdered next to her (for a bottle of wild irish rose and 10 bucks fyi.) And the prosecutor looked at her and said I can't seek death two or more had to die or it had to be a cop.
Why?
Fluff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 10:51 AM   #5 (permalink)
Resident rightwing nutjob
 
Machine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Detroit
Posts: 2,074
Default

This story is just plain sad, I'm not gonna go into the whole racism thing this is, and I just want to say that either way this story is just extremely sad.
Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 10:51 AM   #6 (permalink)
Oracle
 
RoxyRollah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Closer then you think.....
Posts: 4,004
Default

Because they have an elevated place in the legal system because they are part of it. Listen it's a big club, right all of them lawyers, cops, judges they all are in bed together literally, they marry each-other, you have whole families in law enforcement. They look after their own. I dunno if the laws for capitol punishment are different from state to state but I am pretty sure a federal hate crime like that is punishable by death. **** looked at Tim Mcveigh not exactly a hate crime, but children were involved and it was very reminiscent of the church bombing in Alabama in the 60s where those four little girls died. They kill you for those types of things, as it should be imo. You just aren't fit man, to be part of this world again imo.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
Roxy is unable to perpetrate violence. It always somehow turns into BDSM between two consenting adults.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I just want to say your tits are lovely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Roxy is the William S. Burroughs of our time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I like Roxy, she's awesome and her taste in music far exceeds yours. Roxy is in the Major League bro, and you're like a sad clown in a two bit rodeo.
RoxyRollah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 12:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
subscribe to pewdiepie
 
Dharma & Greg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 36,745
Default

It also has to do with maintaining law and order by attaching greater consequences to actions against those who are charged with maintaining it. Does it seem fair that committing a crime against someone who just happens to have a badge will result in more serious repercussions? Maybe not. But if assaulting a police officer didn't result in a more serious charge than a regular assault, then it would probably result in a lot more assaults on police officers, which may very well undermine the safety of the public by making police more likely to be targeted.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin & Hobbes
To evaluate my character my immediate pleasure is being pitted against my future greed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
Dharma & Greg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 12:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
Scuttle Buttin'
 
Moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Boulder Colorado
Posts: 962
Default

Have to admit, when I first heard about it I was thinking "please don't be a white guy, please don't be a white guy". But of course it was. Evil bastard.
Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 12:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
Fck Ths Thngs
 
DwnWthVwls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,253
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
It also has to do with maintaining law and order by attaching greater consequences to actions against those who are charged with maintaining it. Does it seem fair that committing a crime against someone who just happens to have a badge will result in more serious repercussions? Maybe not. But if assaulting a police officer didn't result in a more serious charge than a regular assault, then it would probably result in a lot more assaults on police officers, which may very well undermine the safety of the public by making police more likely to be targeted.
God forbid they know what it feels like.
__________________
I don't got a god complex, you got a simple god...

Last edited by DwnWthVwls; 06-18-2015 at 12:27 PM.
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 12:24 PM   #10 (permalink)
subscribe to pewdiepie
 
Dharma & Greg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 36,745
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
God forbid they know what it feels like.
Regardless of how many show themselves unworthy of special consideration, the police in general still provide a necessary service that needs to be protected.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin & Hobbes
To evaluate my character my immediate pleasure is being pitted against my future greed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
Dharma & Greg is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.