Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2016, 01:02 PM   #871 (permalink)
stay the |fvck| inside
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 33,877
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
^I've done enough research.
Do you have anything that supports your point or negates mine/Bernie's?

Quote:
Don't forget that I'm of the opinion that this whole black lives matter movement is bs.
I thought it was a myth too but it turns out that black lives matter, as a movement, exists. Calling it bs is straight denialism.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 01:05 PM   #872 (permalink)
Key
hi
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,502
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Do you have anything that supports your point or negates mine/Bernie's?
Not really. Just seems that I'm finding anything that Bernie says lately is bs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
I thought it was a myth too but it turns out that black lives matter, as a movement, exists. Calling it bs is straight denialism.
Denialism it is then.
__________________
| - || - |||
Key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 01:06 PM   #873 (permalink)
stay the |fvck| inside
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 33,877
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
Not really. Just seems that I'm finding anything that Bernie says lately is bs.
Willful ignorance? Not a good look, Ki.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 01:08 PM   #874 (permalink)
Toasted Poster
 
Chula Vista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 11,010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
^I've done enough research. Don't forget that I'm of the opinion that this whole black lives matter movement is bs.
Did you see where the white cop who shot and killed an unarmed black man in Tulsa has been charged with manslaughter?

BLM is a good movement. It's unfortunate that so many people getting behind it are using for their own indignant self serving purposes.
__________________
General Rules:
• While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks, trolling, purposeless inflammatory posts or members deliberately provoking another member into committing any of these acts. - Mods exempt.
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 01:17 PM   #875 (permalink)
Key
hi
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,502
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
It's unfortunate that so many people getting behind it are using for their own indignant self serving purposes.
This is enough reason for me to believe that it's full of bs. Yes, to answer your previous question. But, regardless of the race of the victim, it would've been manslaughter.

I've seen people not of color talk about black lives matter like it in any way relates to them.

And don't even get me started on blue lives matter.
__________________
| - || - |||
Key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 01:21 PM   #876 (permalink)
stay the |fvck| inside
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 33,877
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
This is enough reason for me to believe that it's full of bs.
It's a damn shame that you're not allowing yourself to use good reasons, Ki. It's like hating the rest of prog because of Genesis.

__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 01:21 PM   #877 (permalink)
Toasted Poster
 
Chula Vista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 11,010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
And don't even get me started on blue lives matter.
I know, right?

__________________
General Rules:
• While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks, trolling, purposeless inflammatory posts or members deliberately provoking another member into committing any of these acts. - Mods exempt.
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 01:23 PM   #878 (permalink)
Key
hi
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,502
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
It's a damn shame that you're not allowing yourself to use good reasons, Ki. It's like hating the rest of prog because of Genesis.

This is the epitome of the pot calling the kettle black.

No pun intended.
__________________
| - || - |||
Key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 01:27 PM   #879 (permalink)
stay the |fvck| inside
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 33,877
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
This is the epitome of the pot calling the kettle black.

No pun intended.
Epitome sounds like a lame Devin Townsend album.

The roots of the movement are mostly solid, but there are a lot of people who do take it up for the wrong reasons and act out the cause in the wrong ways. Those people are part of the problem as well. BLM has gray area at the moment, framing it as something black and white only magnifies the divisiveness.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 01:33 PM   #880 (permalink)
Toasted Poster
 
Chula Vista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 11,010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
The roots of the movement are mostly solid, but there are a lot of people who do take it up for the wrong reasons and act out the cause in the wrong ways. Those people are part of the problem as well. BLM has gray area at the moment, framing it as something black and white only magnifies the divisiveness.
I love when we agree. It's like the feeling after taking a shower when you haven't for a week. Refreshing.
__________________
General Rules:
• While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks, trolling, purposeless inflammatory posts or members deliberately provoking another member into committing any of these acts. - Mods exempt.
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.