Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2017, 02:21 PM   #1681 (permalink)
OQB
 
Olí Qwerty Bastard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Frownland
Posts: 8,738
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Man I thought you were all constitution lovin and stuff because you said you were a libertarian.
not really. i think i align more with the libertarian ideas than other political parties but I'm still not entirely convinced it would be a practical system and there are a lot of silly libertarian stances that I disagree with.
__________________
Music Blog / RYM / Last.fm / Qwertyy's Journal of Music Reviews and Other Assorted Ramblings

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm not even mad. Seriously I'm not. You're a good dude, and I think and hope you'll become something good
Olí Qwerty Bastard is offline  
Old 01-26-2017, 02:46 PM   #1682 (permalink)
Fck Ths Thngs
 
DwnWthVwls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,185
Default

So how is this different than service denial because of dress codes at someplace fancy? or sex discrimination at nightclub entrances?

I've been denied service for both. Sorry, but I'm with Qwerty, I'd rather know and be able to show my support or lack of. The problem is how functional would it be in the real world? Yeh, there would be racist areas booming with racist customers.. I really don't have a problem with that, let them all cluster together, fuck their cousins (hehe), and create subculture pockets throughout the US, while the rest of us rational minded non-bigoted individuals share this country with each other. I'd rather let them deny service and then deny them of government privileges and hit them with penalties than out right say, "NO you can't do that".

Again, I feel like a broken record, but this is a problem that needs to be taken into the hands of the American citizens. Let the peaceful protests and boycotts begin. If businesses like this are successful, we know who to blame. Weed out the fuckery. I only support government intervention for ish like this when it is necessary, if someone would like to enlighten me with a study or well written objective article that explains why I'm wrong, I'm open to it.
__________________
I don't got a god complex, you got a simple god...

Last edited by DwnWthVwls; 01-26-2017 at 03:01 PM.
DwnWthVwls is offline  
Old 01-26-2017, 02:49 PM   #1683 (permalink)
#notmymoderator
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 29,596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
So how is this different than service denial because of dress codes at someplace fancy?
You can change what you wear in less than five minutes.

Quote:
or sex discrimination at nightclub entrances?
This is a good point.
__________________
Frownland is offline  
Old 01-26-2017, 04:46 PM   #1684 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,026
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
So how is this different than service denial because of dress codes at someplace fancy? or sex discrimination at nightclub entrances?

I've been denied service for both. Sorry, but I'm with Qwerty, I'd rather know and be able to show my support or lack of. The problem is how functional would it be in the real world? Yeh, there would be racist areas booming with racist customers.. I really don't have a problem with that, let them all cluster together, fuck their cousins (hehe), and create subculture pockets throughout the US, while the rest of us rational minded non-bigoted individuals share this country with each other. I'd rather let them deny service and then deny them of government privileges and hit them with penalties than out right say, "NO you can't do that".

Again, I feel like a broken record, but this is a problem that needs to be taken into the hands of the American citizens. Let the peaceful protests and boycotts begin. If businesses like this are successful, we know who to blame. Weed out the fuckery. I only support government intervention for ish like this when it is necessary, if someone would like to enlighten me with a study or well written objective article that explains why I'm wrong, I'm open to it.
The reason we have the laws in the first place is because the approach you're describing doesn't work.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is online now  
Old 01-26-2017, 04:51 PM   #1685 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 10,663
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
The reason we have the laws in the first place is because the approach you're describing doesn't work.
Was ready to type out a long winded response, but Jansz nailed it.
Chula Vista is offline  
Old 01-26-2017, 04:53 PM   #1686 (permalink)
Fck Ths Thngs
 
DwnWthVwls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,185
Default

It didn't work back in the day when the majority of the country was racist, but it's much different today. I'm not gonna sit here and pretend like we still don't have a ways to go, but we have made a lot of social progress, so I question if it would still function the same.
__________________
I don't got a god complex, you got a simple god...
DwnWthVwls is offline  
Old 01-26-2017, 05:01 PM   #1687 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 10,663
Default

At this point in history, it's not even racism anymore. It's an inflated US vs THEM mentality.

In the 60s it was easy to pit WHITE vs BLK.

Now, it's all about conservative privileged/rich vs. anyone threatening their turf.
Chula Vista is offline  
Old 01-26-2017, 05:01 PM   #1688 (permalink)
#notmymoderator
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 29,596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
So how is this different than service denial because of dress codes at someplace fancy? or sex discrimination at nightclub entrances?

I've been denied service for both. Sorry, but I'm with Qwerty, I'd rather know and be able to show my support or lack of. The problem is how functional would it be in the real world? Yeh, there would be racist areas booming with racist customers.. I really don't have a problem with that, let them all cluster together, fuck their cousins (hehe), and create subculture pockets throughout the US, while the rest of us rational minded non-bigoted individuals share this country with each other. I'd rather let them deny service and then deny them of government privileges and hit them with penalties than out right say, "NO you can't do that".

Again, I feel like a broken record, but this is a problem that needs to be taken into the hands of the American citizens. Let the peaceful protests and boycotts begin. If businesses like this are successful, we know who to blame. Weed out the fuckery. I only support government intervention for ish like this when it is necessary, if someone would like to enlighten me with a study or well written objective article that explains why I'm wrong, I'm open to it.
What wrong comes from enforcing the laws as opposed to allowing it to work itself out?
__________________
Frownland is offline  
Old 01-26-2017, 05:38 PM   #1689 (permalink)
Who wants this dick?
 
Dharma & Greg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 36,594
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
At this point in history, it's not even racism anymore. It's an inflated US vs THEM mentality.

In the 60s it was easy to pit WHITE vs BLK.

Now, it's all about conservative privileged/rich vs. anyone threatening their turf.
Clearly there are more than enough partisan jackasses in all walks of life.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin & Hobbes
To evaluate my character my immediate pleasure is being pitted against my future greed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
Dharma & Greg is offline  
Old 01-26-2017, 05:58 PM   #1690 (permalink)
#notmymoderator
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 29,596
Default



I'm conflicted because on one hand it's low as **** to go after someone's kids but on the other hand, this made me lol so it's tough.
__________________
Frownland is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.