Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2016, 04:34 PM   #201 (permalink)
Master Of Muzak
 
Anteater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Somewhere swarthy
Posts: 3,974
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
If he's not I am

caling ant an idiot
You are free to present something resembling a counter-argument to me one of these centuries. If not, then drop it or at least admit I had a point. I talked about human behavior in relation to law and you retorted with something along the lines of "well, none of that is important". Just because you disagree with my take on things doesn't mean I'm wrong. If you can't appreciate pragmatism or take it into consideration then you shouldn't be having political arguments with people.

And again, I'll reiterate: as funny as Trump is, I think he is a very, very flawed individual and POTUS elect. But the problems he presents are completely different from Bill Clinton, Obama and Bush respectively, partly because he's not really a politician nor does he seem to really represent either party: he merely co-opted the Republican platform to get into office. Pretending that he's somehow worse than they are when you take ALL information into consideration is an underlying premise flaw I've seen in every Trump-related discussion I've seen here and in other places.
__________________
My Top 30 Albums of 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
You can't blame the Jews for everything...just most things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
Trump might be the best thing since free jazz.

Last edited by Anteater; 12-17-2016 at 04:47 PM.
Anteater is offline  
Old 12-17-2016, 04:40 PM   #202 (permalink)
Who wants this dick?
 
Dharma & Greg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 36,594
Default

I hereby move to have Chula's avatar removed by a mod. It is hideously annoying and annoyingly hideous to the point that I feel it is harming this forum.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin & Hobbes
To evaluate my character my immediate pleasure is being pitted against my future greed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
Dharma & Greg is online now  
Old 12-17-2016, 05:00 PM   #203 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 10,663
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
Pretending that he's somehow worse than they are when you take ALL information into consideration is an underlying premise flaw I've seen in every Trump-related discussion I've seen here and in other places.
Zero political experience - check.
History of screwing businesses - check.
History of failing ventures - check.
History of scamming the tax system - check.
Acts like a teenage girl when challenged - check.
A poster child for egotism - check.
Takes misogyny to new levels - check.
Unheard of conflicts of interests as POTUS - check.
Alt-right conspiracy theorist as his right hand man - check.

Maybe you are an idiot after-all.
Chula Vista is offline  
Old 12-17-2016, 05:00 PM   #204 (permalink)
Girls,Cars,Guitars
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 8,988
Default

Quote:
"You are free to present something resembling a counter-argument to me one of these centuries. If not, then drop it or at least admit I had a point. I talked about human behavior in relation to law and you retorted with something along the lines of "well, none of that is important".
You're like the guy in my Facebook feed that argues with Onion articles
It would just pain me way too much to explain points delivered through satire

Quote:
"Pretendig that he's somehow worse than they are when you take ALL information into consideration is an underlying premise flaw I've seen in every Trump-related discussion I've seen here and in other places."
He's really sticking it to the special interests by giving them the highest cabinet positions.
It's been a whole eight years since oil CEO's had their hand up the ass of the president
__________________
Just another marketing ploy

Bernie 2020
elphenor is online now  
Old 12-17-2016, 05:53 PM   #205 (permalink)
Master Of Muzak
 
Anteater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Somewhere swarthy
Posts: 3,974
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Zero political experience - check.
History of screwing businesses - check.
History of failing ventures - check.
History of scamming the tax system - check.
Acts like a teenage girl when challenged - check.
A poster child for egotism - check.
Takes misogyny to new levels - check.
Unheard of conflicts of interests as POTUS - check.
Alt-right conspiracy theorist as his right hand man - check.

Maybe you are an idiot after-all.
Some of those "checks" being debatable aside, let's turn the board around for a bit: what about all the good Donald Trump has done in the world? All the projects he did through the 80's and 90's where he'd come in under budget, create thousands of jobs, etc? Are you one of those people who just follow HuffPost and CNN and read little else? In the same way Hillary Clinton isn't Satan just because her family's Foundation is kinda dubious and takes money from Saudi Arabia and Qatar, Donald Trump isn't the anti-christ either.

I'm sorry to tell you this, but guys like you are why Trump got elected in the first place. I'm not asking you to do serious research here: I'm asking you to think critically and look at all the information available out there. I didn't even vote for Trump so I'm unsure why you have this vendetta against what I'm saying.
__________________
My Top 30 Albums of 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
You can't blame the Jews for everything...just most things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
Trump might be the best thing since free jazz.

Last edited by Anteater; 12-17-2016 at 05:58 PM.
Anteater is offline  
Old 12-17-2016, 05:56 PM   #206 (permalink)
Key
hi
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,180
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
What about all the good Donald Trump has done in the world? All the projects he did through the 80's and 90's where he'd come in under budget, create thousands of jobs, etc?

I'm sorry to tell you this, but guys like you are why Trump got elected in the first place. I'm not asking you to do serious research here: I'm asking you to think critically and look at all the information available out there.
You mean the multiple bankruptcies and tax evasions? I'm not looking to argue, but if we're gonna talk about experience and what candidates have done for the world, perhaps you should look at Hillary's experience and relate it to Trump.

I'm not going to call you an idiot like everyone else because honestly...all I really have is a disagreement with you.
__________________

CWH
Key is offline  
Old 12-17-2016, 05:58 PM   #207 (permalink)
OQB
 
Olí Qwerty Bastard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Frownland
Posts: 8,738
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiiii View Post
You mean the multiple bankruptcies and tax evasions? I'm not looking to argue, but if we're gonna talk about experience and what candidates have done for the world, perhaps you should look at Hillary's experience and relate it to Trump.
__________________
Music Blog / RYM / Last.fm / Qwertyy's Journal of Music Reviews and Other Assorted Ramblings

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm not even mad. Seriously I'm not. You're a good dude, and I think and hope you'll become something good
Olí Qwerty Bastard is offline  
Old 12-17-2016, 05:59 PM   #208 (permalink)
Key
hi
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,180
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyy View Post
Something funny?
__________________

CWH
Key is offline  
Old 12-17-2016, 05:59 PM   #209 (permalink)
OQB
 
Olí Qwerty Bastard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Frownland
Posts: 8,738
Default

ya, that post.
__________________
Music Blog / RYM / Last.fm / Qwertyy's Journal of Music Reviews and Other Assorted Ramblings

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm not even mad. Seriously I'm not. You're a good dude, and I think and hope you'll become something good
Olí Qwerty Bastard is offline  
Old 12-17-2016, 06:00 PM   #210 (permalink)
Key
hi
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,180
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyy View Post
ya, that post.
Elaborate. Does Hillary not have more political experience than Trump? If Trump has more political experience, I'd love to hear your reasoning.
__________________

CWH
Key is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.