Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2017, 02:37 PM   #2701 (permalink)
Girls,Cars,Guitars
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 8,918
Default

**** yeah

that's the guy I was most pissed about

labor secretary against raising the minimum wage eat **** capitalist pig
__________________
Just another marketing ploy
Quote:
I've got a woman mean as she can be
sometimes I think, she's almost as mean as me
elphenor is offline  
Old 02-15-2017, 03:40 PM   #2702 (permalink)
Nobody likes my music
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In Cognito
Posts: 21,747
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
I explained my use of the word "globalist" earlier as it related to Soros.

You cited a poll that came out several years ago. Cultural differences or no cultural differences, America must not be that "great" a threat to world peace if those people professing fear would rather live here than anywhere else on the planet according to the results. Why didn't Russia or Iran or Iraq or Saudi Arabia top the list on the 2nd question otherwise?
Because when the tiger is loose the safest place to be is in its cage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
Hah. The last decade or more was an experiment as well. Pushed back further than expected? Other than the stimulus bill, Obama didn't do anything in his past eight years in office that you'll find too much consensus with people on
He got Osama...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
He said they failed at their purpose.

And for Duga's thing about he internet, I repeat that it's not a false news problem it's a stupid people problem. Bull**** stories and rumors existed long before the internet. If anything the internet provides much easier access to the information you need to make an informed opinion. It's just a lack of critical thinking and the fact that most people don't care about what's true, just what backs up their perspective because I guess being wrong is too big of a blow to some people's egos. You can definitely see a lot of that in these kinds of topics.

Edit: You can definitely see that willful ignorance when Elphlord and Chalupa Vista make AuntEater out to be this greedy business man for attempting to be optimistic about a candidate he doesn't even particularly like. (at least I don't think he likes Trump)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
Can you clarify then? Because that's all I'm reading from your posts as well.

When an experiment is harmful it's not an experiment anymore?
Me too. Even after Ki's explanation, well, an experiment never stops being an experiment: it's either ongoing, failed or completed, but it still is one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
Correct. I don't think he hates Muslims or other races at all. He has a hyperbolic fear of radicals getting into the U.S. though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiiii View Post
You can't be serious.
X 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
"Blatant" racism? Where he said "some" illegal immigrants coming out of Mexico were rapists or drug dealers or cartel members? In the liberal news world, I guess that means that ALL Mexicans must be those things. But he never said "all" Mexicans now did he?

Again: bringing racism into the picture here assumes he is motivated by it. Did Hitler bring Jews into his inner circle? No. When you hate something, you will exclude it. Trump would never hire anyone in his organization who was a different race from himself if he really believed in what some of his opponents have claimed about him. He merely used fears that naturally align with racism in order to appeal to middle America.

I'm not trying to be mean to you here. I'm trying to demonstrate the difference between analyzing what is actually said versus analyzing an interpretation that a media outlet snipped out of a larger statement. If you are going to say Trump is motivated by racism and sexism, you need to provide evidence that those are his prime motivating factors. Looking at the whole pinata that represents Trump's actions throughout his life and including those he's made since becoming President, it doesn't look like those things are forces that drive him. His ego is so big I doubt he has room for anything else outside of his desire for wealth and attention.
Wasn't the quote something like "They're not sending us over their best: they're sending rapists, drug users, murderers ..."? So when you say something like that, it's pretty clear you're talking about, if not all, then the majority of the people you're talking about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
I'm not sure I said that at all. I think you are confused as to what entails an "experiment". Murder isn't an experiment because murder has one result - death.

You stated in one of your previous posts that once we have a conclusion, it's no longer an experiment. I suppose you clarified what you meant here, but it was confusing since an experiment is an experiment even when you have a conclusion.
A better example, perhaps, would be "is this gas lethal?" Then it is an experiment, which could end in death and could indeed lead to murder, but might not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
Trump says make America great again. The Klan wants to **** their daughters, Trump wants to **** his daughter. Some of it might be a little hyperbolic but it's still there. They both probably wanted to hang Obama too. His whole birther movement was completely racist and would never happen if Obama was white.
Mmm. Don't we all?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
You missed the point I was making completely. Yes, Trump is "racist"...but so is everyone to some extent. FDR was a racist. JFK was a racist to some extent and misogynistic.
Yeah, but nobody has been as open about it or indeed used it to drive their presidential campaign. There is a difference here.
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline  
Old 02-15-2017, 04:27 PM   #2703 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 10,663
Default

One of your finest moments of 2017 so far Troll. My hat is off to you.



Not sure Ant understands how obtuse he comes across sometimes with his Trump defenses/excuses.
Chula Vista is offline  
Old 02-15-2017, 04:30 PM   #2704 (permalink)
Girls,Cars,Guitars
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 8,918
Default

It's just unfair that he's been given such a hard to defend character and yet can't back out now gotta feel bad for him
__________________
Just another marketing ploy
Quote:
I've got a woman mean as she can be
sometimes I think, she's almost as mean as me
elphenor is offline  
Old 02-15-2017, 04:35 PM   #2705 (permalink)
Master Of Muzak
 
Anteater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Somewhere swarthy
Posts: 3,954
Default

What excuses? I gave reasonable explanations and illustrated some important differences between people specifically motivated by racism and those who are not. You guys only like to get particular with definitions as long as the argument is something you agree with. It isn't my fault if other people don't agree with me because they're pessimists. I can't force people to step back from their emotions. I said Trump wasn't motivated by racial hatred and people's heads exploded. What a shocker.

Also, wasn't that operation that Obama took credit for in regards to Osama something that started under the Bush administration?
__________________
My Top 30 Albums of 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
You can't blame the Jews for everything...just most things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
Trump might be the best thing since free jazz.

Last edited by Anteater; 02-15-2017 at 04:44 PM.
Anteater is online now  
Old 02-15-2017, 04:41 PM   #2706 (permalink)
like i was poison ivy
 
Goofle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Miami is the place
Posts: 11,372
Default

Impeachment

Oh you guys.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline  
Old 02-15-2017, 04:45 PM   #2707 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 10,663
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post

Also, wasn't that operation that Obama took credit for in regards to Osama something that started under the Bush administration?
No. Operation Neptune Spear was 100% Obama's administration. Bush had been out of office for almost three years by that time. Nice try though.

Obama didn't take credit. He deserved full credit. Even my far right family back east gave him props on that one.

It's not that I'm a pessimist in my disagreement with you. It's that our ideologies and outlooks on things don't align. It's like Trump. He calls CNN fake news but thinks Fox is awesome. If you like me I like you. If you don't like me you aren't real.

Chula Vista is offline  
Old 02-15-2017, 04:49 PM   #2708 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 10,663
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle View Post
Impeachment
Wanna bet? The fact that as many as 12 GOP senators are ready to block one of his nominees, and that Mitch McConnell is behind a full investigation into the Russia thing AFTER ONLY A MONTH of his presidency says a lot.

4 years = 48 months.

1 down, 47 to go. You expect things to get any better anytime soon Goof?
Chula Vista is offline  
Old 02-15-2017, 04:49 PM   #2709 (permalink)
Your FBI Rep
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 29,526
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle View Post
Impeachment

Oh you guys.
You can get impeached for being unlikeable and inheriting one of the most difficult presidencies in history, see?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Johnson
__________________
Frownland is offline  
Old 02-15-2017, 04:51 PM   #2710 (permalink)
Master Of Muzak
 
Anteater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Somewhere swarthy
Posts: 3,954
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
No. Operation Neptune Spear was 100% Obama's administration. Bush had been out of office for almost three years by that time. Nice try though.

Obama didn't take credit. He deserved full credit. Even my far right family back east gave him props on this one.

It's not that I'm a pessimist in my disagreement with you. It's that our ideologies and outlooks on things don't align. It's like Trump. He calls CNN fake news but thinks Fox is awesome. If you like me I like you. If you don't like me you aren't real.

You misunderstood my statement. The groundwork for Neptune Spear started before Obama took office, as they narrowed down the region of Pakistan where he was holed up as early as 2008. Was Obama president in 2008? Obama does get credit for everything that came after that point obviously.
__________________
My Top 30 Albums of 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
You can't blame the Jews for everything...just most things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
Trump might be the best thing since free jazz.
Anteater is online now  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.