Music Banter

Music Banter (https://www.musicbanter.com/)
-   Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion (https://www.musicbanter.com/current-events-philosophy-religion/)
-   -   What Did President Trump Do Now? (https://www.musicbanter.com/current-events-philosophy-religion/87986-what-did-president-trump-do-now.html)

OccultHawk 04-09-2017 09:28 AM

Quote:

That's one of the reasons for why the state (under capitalism) is not a socialist institution, but rather a public institution that upholds and strengthens capitalism.
I'm willing to concede that in order to have a working definition of socialism with YOU.

But as an American it's useful to point out to other Americans that the free market isn't the answer to EVERYTHING. Americans will look out at a beautiful sunrise and thank the free market.

elphenor 04-09-2017 09:30 AM

I think I've pointed out the irony before that if you've ever lived on a military base it's almost Socialism

Isbjørn 04-09-2017 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OccultHawk (Post 1821510)
I'm willing to concede that in order to have a working definition of socialism with YOU.

But as an American it's useful to point out to other Americans that the free market isn't the answer to EVERYTHING. Americans will look out at a beautiful sunrise and thank the free market.

I see where you're coming from.

Unrelated:
Spoiler for thank the free market!:

elphenor 04-09-2017 09:53 AM

Really I only believe in Democracy

And getting to vote on which brand of toothpaste I prefer isn't a particularly compelling example of it

Isbjørn 04-09-2017 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elphenor (Post 1821517)
Really I only believe in Democracy

And getting to vote on which brand of toothpaste I prefer isn't a particularly compelling example of it

Voting on toothpaste flavors and how much is to be produced sounds better than toothpaste production being dictated by major shareholders. I'll take democratic control over the economy any day

elphenor 04-09-2017 11:01 AM

I think you misunderstand my joke

I'm very funny

Key 04-09-2017 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elphenor (Post 1821537)
I think you misunderstand my joke

I'm very funny

Ha.

elphenor 04-09-2017 02:56 PM

Capitalism is also based on exploiting other people's countries since forever

You can only afford an IPhone because all the parts are made in places with suicide nets

FYI Capitalist pigs

Anteater 04-09-2017 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elphenor (Post 1821652)
Capitalism is also based on exploiting other people's countries since forever

You can only afford an IPhone because all the parts are made in places with suicide nets

FYI Capitalist pigs

How's that Mocha Caramel Cappuccino from Starbucks taste?

Frownland 04-09-2017 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anteater (Post 1821655)
How's that Mocha Caramel Cappuccino from Starbucks taste?

Almost as good as your Copenhagen Black.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:20 PM.


© 2003-2022 Advameg, Inc.