Music Banter

Music Banter (https://www.musicbanter.com/)
-   Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion (https://www.musicbanter.com/current-events-philosophy-religion/)
-   -   What Did President Trump Do Now? (https://www.musicbanter.com/current-events-philosophy-religion/87986-what-did-president-trump-do-now.html)

elphenor 04-10-2017 04:57 PM

I don't think I can really agree with that in a direct sense

It is true that Capitalism lead to it

But the ideology itself does not justify it

OccultHawk 04-10-2017 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elphenor (Post 1822118)
I don't think I can really agree with that in a direct sense

It is true that Capitalism lead to it

But the ideology itself does not justify it

Slavery and the genocides were completely founded in capitalistic greed.

elphenor 04-10-2017 05:18 PM

They predate both capitalism and socialism

I mean slavery and genocide in general

As do dictatorships and mass starvation

elphenor 04-10-2017 05:28 PM

You know how can an ideology based on free trade be directly responsible for slavery

It is indirectly because of its creation of ever rising demand for cotton

How can an ideology based on a stateless worker cooperative run world be directly responsible for the actions of dictators

Indirectly maybe by helping to incite revolutions that went full circle

elphenor 04-10-2017 05:36 PM

Point being you're being stupid if you try a statement like that

OccultHawk 04-10-2017 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elphenor (Post 1822125)
They predate both capitalism and socialism

I mean slavery and genocide in general

As do dictatorships and mass starvation

I mean in America. I think I can I make a pretty good case.

elphenor 04-10-2017 07:16 PM

It's flimsy even early American socialists were white supremacists

It's only true that the success supposedly due to Capitalism was largely due to slavery then and imperialism now

Anteater 04-10-2017 07:21 PM

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/9KGCUSJrnOw/hqdefault.jpg

OccultHawk 04-10-2017 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elphenor (Post 1822160)
It's flimsy even early American socialists were white supremacists

It's only true that the success supposedly due to Capitalism was largely due to slavery then and imperialism now

One word response: Greed

I think you know what I'm saying. I actually think if we were discussing it over a beer we'd be 90% on the same page.

elphenor 04-10-2017 08:56 PM

stuff capitalism justifies is like the destruction of the planet which has the real potential to be mass murder in the coming years


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:14 AM.


© 2003-2022 Advameg, Inc.