Music Banter

Music Banter (https://www.musicbanter.com/)
-   Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion (https://www.musicbanter.com/current-events-philosophy-religion/)
-   -   What Did President Trump Do Now? (https://www.musicbanter.com/current-events-philosophy-religion/87986-what-did-president-trump-do-now.html)

Neapolitan 04-11-2017 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Batlord (Post 1822498)
And let's not forget that Republican president Herbert Hoover did not get us out of the Great Depression. But that's potentially meaningless just as tiger-repellant rocks are not proof of repelling tigers.

You need a sling before they truly become tiger-repellant rocks.

Lucem Ferre 04-11-2017 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elphenor (Post 1822469)
wow more than 3 weeks you're right he had nothing to do with it

Lol, people don't realize that a lot of effects from changes, especially economic ones, aren't instantaneous. These are the type of people that think the rising jobs on Trump's first day was all Trump and had nothing to do with Obama.

Trollheart 04-12-2017 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neapolitan (Post 1822500)
He didn't say "win," he clearly said "got us out of ..."

"FDR helped the US win the war" - The Allies and the resistance and British spies helped the US armed forces to win the war. It wasn't FDR alone.

You and your damn pedantics. Though I can't get into his head, I'm assuming this is what he meant: to get someone out of something would be to achieve the end of it, which is what happened. He got the US out of the war by helping win it, otherwise they might have been in it (including a costly invasion of Japan) and by authorising the development of the atomic bomb, which was the main factor in ending at least the war in the Pacific.

Are you really going to be such a dick as to deny FDR his legacy? Have you nothing else to do?
:rolleyes:

elphenor 04-12-2017 06:53 AM

He's a Conservative it's their full time job to be a dick

Obama is a Muslim and he prob thinks the great depression could have been solved with more amnesty

duga 04-12-2017 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neapolitan (Post 1822500)
He didn't say "win," he clearly said "got us out of ..."

"FDR helped the US win the war" - The Allies and the resistance and British spies helped the US armed forces to win the war. It wasn't FDR alone.

Wow. If these are the kinds of mental gymnastics you have to do to make your point, maybe you should rethink your position.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trollheart (Post 1822583)
You and your damn pedantics. Though I can't get into his head, I'm assuming this is what he meant: to get someone out of something would be to achieve the end of it, which is what happened. He got the US out of the war by helping win it, otherwise they might have been in it (including a costly invasion of Japan) and by authorising the development of the atomic bomb, which was the main factor in ending at least the war in the Pacific.

Are you really going to be such a dick as to deny FDR his legacy? Have you nothing else to do?
:rolleyes:

Thanks. I was tempted to respond with more detail, but what's the point? I'm sure every reasonable person who read my post understands what I meant.

Anteater 04-12-2017 08:24 AM

Honestly, FDR was one of the best presidents we ever had. Though his daughter Anna deserves a lot of credit too.

elphenor 04-12-2017 09:16 AM

I say 2nd only to Lincoln because how do you compete with emancipation and saving the Union

Ol’ Qwerty Bastard 04-12-2017 09:22 AM

i know very little about US presidents but JFK wins because that dude mastered the art of giving speeches.



>>>

Frownland 04-12-2017 09:29 AM

It's all about Teddy Roosevelt and Grover Cleveland.

duga 04-12-2017 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qwertyy (Post 1822615)
i know very little about US presidents but JFK wins because that dude mastered the art of giving speeches.

>>>

I agree with you on his speeches. However, JFK had the potential to be one of the greatest. I completely agree with his philosophy and as his presidency continued, he clearly had his eyes opened as to the problems with our current government and the solutions. Unfortunately, he did not live long enough to see many of those solutions enacted.

I always think about what would have happened and where we would be if JFK had lived and had 2 terms.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:52 PM.


© 2003-2022 Advameg, Inc.