Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2017, 03:23 PM   #4971 (permalink)
stay the fukc inside
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: North of Antarctica
Posts: 32,717
Default

lmfao

Nobody is intelligent or even a good person unless they're 100% agreeing with you.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline  
Old 04-28-2017, 03:24 PM   #4972 (permalink)
Boneshaker Baby
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 12,054
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
complete lack of real world experience
Where are you pulling this from

I wasn't aware I occupied the fake world

Please tell me more about my experience and then talk about superiority complexes
__________________
Just another marketing ploy
Quote:
I've got lights in my brain, girl
Quote:
My mind is like a plastic bag
elphenor is online now  
Old 04-28-2017, 03:29 PM   #4973 (permalink)
Fck Ths Thngs
 
DwnWthVwls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,906
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Let's hear about your real world experience? And you come across with a wicked superiority complex too buddy. His posting style is not lazy. Look up the word succinct.
Do I? I explain my position, ask for people with dissenting opinions to explain their position(which usually leads to personal attacks, strawmen, or goal post moving, or subjective bs I don't have time for), and admit when I am naive to a subject I'm discussing.

What kind of real world experiences of mine would you like to know about? Scraping by with hardly any food, working multiple jobs while attending community college, with no health insurance and paying for rent & car/insurance? Not being able to get a 4 year degree because I couldn't afford it living on my own? Not really sure what you're looking for.. No I don't have as much experience as you, just like elph doesn't have as much as me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
Where are you pulling this from

I wasn't aware I occupied the fake world

Please tell me more about my experience and then talk about superiority complexes
Sorry for assuming.. Feel free to tell me about your experiences in life as an independent adult.
__________________
I don't got a god complex, you got a simple god...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I'd vote for Trump
DwnWthVwls is offline  
Old 04-28-2017, 03:32 PM   #4974 (permalink)
Toasted Poster
 
Chula Vista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 11,010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post

Nobody is intelligent or even a good person unless they're 100% agreeing with you.
Everyone has a style. It takes a while to establish. It also sucks when you lean on it all the time. Add some substance to the conversation or take your cliche'd responses elsewhere. You've become tired with your predictable crap. "You are obviously inferior to me, therefore I'll point it out as a way to discount your response."

Just because I disagree with you. See how that works?

Russian judge gives it an 8.5 out of 10.

__________________
General Rules:
• While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks, trolling, purposeless inflammatory posts or members deliberately provoking another member into committing any of these acts. - Mods exempt.
Chula Vista is offline  
Old 04-28-2017, 03:34 PM   #4975 (permalink)
Boneshaker Baby
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 12,054
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
I really meant that, it's not always possible for them to help and you should always rely on yourself to get things done before others.
Nothing disagreeable about this but people are not capable of pulling themselves up by their bootstraps in 99% of cases

We should expect that our gov provide the same opportunities and assistance to the lower class that the middle and upper class get by birth
__________________
Just another marketing ploy
Quote:
I've got lights in my brain, girl
Quote:
My mind is like a plastic bag
elphenor is online now  
Old 04-28-2017, 03:34 PM   #4976 (permalink)
stay the fukc inside
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: North of Antarctica
Posts: 32,717
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
Do I? I explain my position, ask for people with dissenting opinions to explain their position(which usually leads to personal attacks, strawmen, or goal post moving, or subjective bs I don't have time for), and admit when I am naive to a subject I'm discussing.
Ja but the problem is that you don't agree with Chula and are willing to discuss the nuances of a situation without just globbing onto the black and white depiction from the media.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline  
Old 04-28-2017, 03:35 PM   #4977 (permalink)
stay the fukc inside
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: North of Antarctica
Posts: 32,717
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Everyone has a style. It takes a while to establish. It also sucks when you lean on it all the time. Add some substance to the conversation or take your cliche'd responses elsewhere. You've become tired with your predictable crap. "You are obviously inferior to me, therefore I'll point it out as a way to discount your response."

Just because I disagree with you. See how that works?

Russian judge gives it an 8.5 out of 10.

Getting upset and calling me predictable/pretentious/a big meanie is just as predictable as me pointing out when you say something stupid. And it's not because I disagree with you on this subject, it's the approach you're taking towards DWV for trying to have a grownup conversation instead of this youtube comment section ****storm.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline  
Old 04-28-2017, 03:39 PM   #4978 (permalink)
Toasted Poster
 
Chula Vista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 11,010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
What kind of real world experiences of mine would you like to know about? Scraping by with hardly any food, working multiple jobs while attending community college, with no health insurance and paying for rent & car/insurance? Not being able to get a 4 year degree because I couldn't afford it living on my own?
Is it at this point I should insult you and imply it's your ****ing fault? Because that's precisely what you did to me.

People floating along in a lifeboat should unify. Not punch each other in the face until some start falling out.
__________________
General Rules:
• While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks, trolling, purposeless inflammatory posts or members deliberately provoking another member into committing any of these acts. - Mods exempt.
Chula Vista is offline  
Old 04-28-2017, 03:41 PM   #4979 (permalink)
stay the fukc inside
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: North of Antarctica
Posts: 32,717
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Is it at this point I should insult you and imply it's your ****ing fault? Because that's precisely what you did to me.
Source please.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline  
Old 04-28-2017, 03:42 PM   #4980 (permalink)
Fck Ths Thngs
 
DwnWthVwls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,906
Default

It was my fault. I made that decision. I learned a lot from it, and I'm thankful to have had it. It made me financially responsible, motivated, and gave me an amazing work ethic. I didn't ever complain or make excuses, I got through it putting in the work. So sure you can insult me, I'm not easily offended.
__________________
I don't got a god complex, you got a simple god...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I'd vote for Trump
DwnWthVwls is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.