Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2017, 07:26 AM   #5301 (permalink)
Ⱨł₲ⱧɆⱤ Vł฿Ɽ₳₮łØ₦₴
 
Mindfulness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 4,888
Default

obama was a real president.
orange man is a tv show president.
Mindfulness is online now  
Old 05-09-2017, 07:51 AM   #5302 (permalink)
be excellent 2 each other
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 32,312
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I don't think non-partisan naturally translates to "smart"

There's lots of positions where, in fact, you're pretty stupid to take the middle ground
I don't think non-partisan naturally translates to taking the middle ground, even though that's a common place for that road to lead. For the situations you're referencing, it's likely that you can reach the same conclusions as one partisan lens or another by looking at it from an objective perspective.

The true sign of intelligence is being aware of it and letting other people know, obvs.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline  
Old 05-09-2017, 08:06 AM   #5303 (permalink)
Master Of Muzak
 
Anteater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Somewhere swarthy
Posts: 4,647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
You keep trying to come across as superior. Like somehow you are intelligently the better man. That your posts, opinions, words are more important just because they are coming from you.

You are not trolling me. You are insulting me with comments like "child" because I don't see through the same rose colored glasses that you like to wear.

It's now been almost 20 posts since you've blamed Obama for something to deflect from the disaster that is Trump. Step up Ant.
In regards to my opinion on Trump: you have such a short memory. Might want to go see your doctor to have that checked out, because I'm a little worried about you.

You know, bringing up the previous administration in regards to Trump is important since he's building on their worst tendencies (Wall-Street collusion, questionable foreign policy) and dismantling things he didn't like about it (the ACA, budgetary provisions for certain entities, etc.). On the other hand, you give Obama all this credit for the stimulus package that "saved" the economy even though it was the Bush administration's doing. Double standard much buddy boy?

You have an inferiority complex and don't like being told you aren't seeing the big picture. If you don't want me to talk to you like a child and troll you, then try debating like a grown up.
__________________
Anteater's Top 30+ Albums Of 2019!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
You can't blame the Jews for everything...just most things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
Trump might be the best thing since free jazz.

Last edited by Anteater; 05-09-2017 at 10:11 AM.
Anteater is offline  
Old 05-09-2017, 12:27 PM   #5304 (permalink)
Reading PDFs
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 11,562
Default

I'm not Obama's biggest fan

But give me 10 Obama's in a row before you give me a Trump

You're complaining that he didn't jail bankers, while the sitting president has them reveal his tax plan
__________________
Just another marketing ploy

Quote:
I love tube disasters
I wanna marry a tube disaster
I want another one just like the last one
because I live for tube disasters
elphenor is online now  
Old 05-09-2017, 12:38 PM   #5305 (permalink)
be excellent 2 each other
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 32,312
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I'm not Obama's biggest fan

But give me 10 Obama's in a row before you give me a Trump

You're complaining that he didn't jail bankers, while the sitting president has them reveal his tax plan
You don't understand dude. The most important element of a presidency--and the thing that it should unequivocally be judged by--is how hypocritical that president is based off of their campaign promises. Things like real-world actions, effects on the economy, and decisions made on a case-by-case basis don't mean **** once we consider the hypocrisy. If a president ran a campaign on starting WWIII and tanking the economy then actualized that once they were in office, well that would simply make them the greatest president in American history.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline  
Old 05-09-2017, 12:56 PM   #5306 (permalink)
Toasted Poster
 
Chula Vista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 11,010
Default

For the umpteenth time - this is not a debate class for me. I've already lived through Obama's 8 years and witnessed first hand how his presidency affected me, and those I care about in a positive manner. He also gained back a lot of positive ground with our allies after the "you're either with us, or against us" rhetoric of GWB and Cheney.

I've also witnessed very closely all that is Donald Trump, his family, his cronies, and his smoke show up to this point. I have a very clear opinion of both men.

What's to debate?

And you reffering to me as a child is you simply being a dickweed. It's a simple as that. Your condescension is almost reaching Frowny levels.

Almost.
__________________
General Rules:
• While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks, trolling, purposeless inflammatory posts or members deliberately provoking another member into committing any of these acts. - Mods exempt.
Chula Vista is offline  
Old 05-09-2017, 12:58 PM   #5307 (permalink)
Toasted Poster
 
Chula Vista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 11,010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
You don't understand dude. The most important element of a presidency--and the thing that it should unequivocally be judged by--is how hypocritical that president is based off of their campaign promises. Things like real-world actions, effects on the economy, and decisions made on a case-by-case basis don't mean **** once we consider the hypocrisy. If a president ran a campaign on starting WWIII and tanking the economy then actualized that once they were in office, well that would simply make them the greatest president in American history.
Dude.......
__________________
General Rules:
• While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks, trolling, purposeless inflammatory posts or members deliberately provoking another member into committing any of these acts. - Mods exempt.
Chula Vista is offline  
Old 05-09-2017, 01:06 PM   #5308 (permalink)
be excellent 2 each other
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 32,312
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
For the umpteenth time - this is not a debate class for me.
Quit trying to belittle having constructive dialogues by making it seem like a practice reserved for high school students.

Quote:
I've already lived through Obama's 8 years and witnessed first hand how his presidency affected me, and those I care about in a positive manner. He also gained back a lot of positive ground with our allies after the "you're either with us, or against us" rhetoric of GWB and Cheney.

I've also witnessed very closely all that is Donald Trump, his family, his cronies, and his smoke show up to this point. I have a very clear opinion of both men.
There's always more to learn, wouldn't you agree? Your experiences are such an infinitesimally tiny cross-section of the big picture and other people's experiences can help you understand your own opinions better. You may not change your mind on anything (that's typically a slow and long-term process that most people are not conscious of), but you will gain perspective and understand why people who think differently than you think that way instead of blowing a gasket asking yourself "why are these people so stupid?!"

If you can't see the value in that and how it would improve this garbage thread or at least clear up a couple of the ****storms in the forecast, then I don't know what to say.

Quote:
And you reffering to me as a child is you simply being a dickweed. It's a simple as that. Your condescension is almost reaching Frowny levels.

Almost.
Calling people dickweeds is pretty douchey, Chula. Those in glass houses and all that.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline  
Old 05-09-2017, 01:08 PM   #5309 (permalink)
Reading PDFs
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 11,562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
On the other hand, you give Obama all this credit for the stimulus package that "saved" the economy even though it was the Bush administration's doing.
You claim to be non-partisan but then you make statements like this and I'm just wondering which right wing source did you pull it from

Bush did pass a bipartisan stimulus package in 08 but it was weaksauce and conservative, which is funny considering the massive check he cut Wall Street and The Banks which did nothing for us

Obama passes a stimulus package in 09 that's double the size and that finally starts to clot the bleeding
__________________
Just another marketing ploy

Quote:
I love tube disasters
I wanna marry a tube disaster
I want another one just like the last one
because I live for tube disasters
elphenor is online now  
Old 05-09-2017, 01:14 PM   #5310 (permalink)
MB quadrant's JM Vincent
 
duga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 3,721
Default

Here's something I've been curious about...

Since Trump has no filter, loves to insult people, and has generally taken a giant dump on the generally accepted political etiquette, has this changed politics in the US for good? Is it now open season to straight up insult and demean your opponent? Will our future presidents be expected to personally tweet? Or do you think things will go back to "normal" once Trump is out?
__________________
Confusion will be my epitaph...
duga is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.