Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2017, 03:51 PM   #5331 (permalink)
Remember the underscore
 
Pet_Sounds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: The other side
Posts: 2,324
Default

Interesting that it happened a day after the story broke saying that he might not have "told the whole truth" about the Clinton emails.
__________________
Everybody's dying just to get the disease
Pet_Sounds is offline  
Old 05-09-2017, 04:03 PM   #5332 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
Here's something I've been curious about...

Since Trump has no filter, loves to insult people, and has generally taken a giant dump on the generally accepted political etiquette, has this changed politics in the US for good? Is it now open season to straight up insult and demean your opponent? Will our future presidents be expected to personally tweet? Or do you think things will go back to "normal" once Trump is out?
I think our future presidents will still tweet to connect to the youth through social media but not to the extent that Trump does. It won't be personal tweets responding to events that happened that they don't like or things said about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
My guess is that we'll see a return to form similar to what you describe here, except that attempts to crack social media will still be prevalent. I also see us abandoning pointless standards of presidential decorum (like the president taking a call from someone who our besties thinks is a big meanie or that the president MUST attend [x] event). As far as tweeting goes, I hope it fizzles out because of how often the media portrays tweets as presidential decrees that are on the same level as executive orders when they're just shitposts at heart that shouldn't be overanalyzed.
Trumps posts give an insight into his wild erratic behavior and they deserve to be analyzed because you can definitely figure out what he will be doing soon based on them. He also uses it to lie to the public while doing other things behind closed doors so it is a bit hard to pin down how accurate certain tweets are. I do realize that some of his tweets are just throw away comments that don't need to be highlighted but there is some good info in some of them.
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline  
Old 05-09-2017, 04:07 PM   #5333 (permalink)
stay the fukc inside
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: North of Antarctica
Posts: 32,707
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
Trumps posts give an insight into his wild erratic behavior and they deserve to be analyzed because you can definitely figure out what he will be doing soon based on them.
djchameleon - funniest MB member 2017.

Quote:
He also uses it to lie to the public while doing other things behind closed doors so it is a bit hard to pin down how accurate certain tweets are.
This is why it's such a good idea to not treat tweets like presidential decrees IMO.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline  
Old 05-09-2017, 05:44 PM   #5334 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 16,095
Default

Comey fired

Holy ****
OccultHawk is online now  
Old 05-09-2017, 05:59 PM   #5335 (permalink)
.
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,500
Default

Nixon deja vu...
__________________
Lust.PM
Mixclown
GooDweebs
rostasi is offline  
Old 05-09-2017, 06:22 PM   #5336 (permalink)
Fck Ths Thngs
 
DwnWthVwls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,905
Default

https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/201...amendment.html

Thank god he didn't follow through amending this.. Fuck you, religious organizations

It's not really a big deal or controversial, I'm just glad that basically, nothing changed.
__________________
I don't got a god complex, you got a simple god...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I'd vote for Trump
DwnWthVwls is online now  
Old 05-09-2017, 07:10 PM   #5337 (permalink)
Master Of Muzak
 
Anteater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Somewhere swarthy
Posts: 4,895
Default

My guess is that Comey was fired because of his comments in regards to Fusion GPS. Now there's a fun rabbit hole to explore.
__________________
Anteater's Top 30+ Albums Of 2019!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
You can't blame the Jews for everything...just most things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
Trump might be the best thing since free jazz.
Anteater is online now  
Old 05-09-2017, 07:13 PM   #5338 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post


This is why it's such a good idea to not treat tweets like presidential decrees IMO.
All Trump tweets are not equal.
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline  
Old 05-09-2017, 08:36 PM   #5339 (permalink)
Toasted Poster
 
Chula Vista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 11,010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
I'm surprised he made it this long tbh. His attempts to sway the election were blatant.
Back when it happened Trump was praising the **** out of Comey for having the balls to come forward against Clinton. This is clearly an effort to hinder the FBI investigation into the Russian ties. And how was Sessions, who had to recluse himself from the investigation because of his own Russian ties, have a say in the matter?

If the director of the FBI can get fired how does that affect the effectiveness of anyone in the Bureau's motivation to speak out against the president?

Heads are exploding all over TV tonight.

This is huge. David Gregory was ready to jump out of his chair and strangle a GOP talking head who was saying it was all about Hillary.
__________________
General Rules:
• While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks, trolling, purposeless inflammatory posts or members deliberately provoking another member into committing any of these acts. - Mods exempt.
Chula Vista is offline  
Old 05-09-2017, 08:40 PM   #5340 (permalink)
stay the fukc inside
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: North of Antarctica
Posts: 32,707
Default

*recuse

I get your point though.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.