Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2017, 07:24 PM   #951 (permalink)
Key
hi
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,167
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pansy gayboy 69 View Post
so if saddam had a different first name like joseph or tony or something and then a guy with the same name ran for president, people would freak out? that's retarded. but i know a lot of americans are stupid that way.
Well that's not entirely my point but I think you know what I mean. When Obama was elected for his first term, the fact that he was the first black president raised some concern with people. Tagging on the fact that Hussein was his middle name raised more concerns. So much to the fact that releasing his birth certificate was the only way to justify it. Which he then did.

Hussein on its own raised alarm because of the obvious and what Saddam Hussein was known for. So yeah, I guess if his name was James and he did do the same things as Saddam Hussein, there'd be concern. But that's not what happened.
Key is online now  
Old 01-13-2017, 07:25 PM   #952 (permalink)
kibbeh
 
pansy gayboy 69's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: nowhere
Posts: 649
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiiii View Post
Well that's not entirely my point but I think you know what I mean. When Obama was elected for his first term, the fact that he was the first black president raised some concern with people. Tagging on the fact that Hussein was his middle name raised more concerns. So much to the fact that releasing his birth certificate was the only way to justify it. Which he then did.
many african americans have arabic or middle eastern names. doesn't make them muslims.

also i think the USA is the same as lebanon in that you must be christian to be able to run for president.
pansy gayboy 69 is offline  
Old 01-13-2017, 07:26 PM   #953 (permalink)
Key
hi
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,167
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pansy gayboy 69 View Post
many african americans have arabic or middle eastern names. doesn't make them muslims.

also i think the USA is the same as lebanon in that you must be christian to be able to run for president.
Well in the US you have to have been born in the US in order to run. I don't know about the Christianity thing. But again, you also have to take into the fact that Obama was elected after George W. Bush. The same George W. Bush people believed allowed the war on terrorism and the Iraq invasion etc. It was just a completely ****ed up situation that Obama then had to take on. So with the Iraq invasion and the fact that his name shared the same as Saddam (the same Saddam that was involved in the Iraq War), the outcry was to be expected.
Key is online now  
Old 01-13-2017, 07:31 PM   #954 (permalink)
Key
hi
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,167
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
Really? Separation of church and state?

No, religion is not a factor in eligibility. It's just a factor in getting votes when it shouldn't be. Probably how Obama became a Christian even though he was raised by atheists.
Ah ****. That's right. I had a brain fart. I was more focusing on my point so I missed the obvious.
Key is online now  
Old 01-13-2017, 07:32 PM   #955 (permalink)
kibbeh
 
pansy gayboy 69's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: nowhere
Posts: 649
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
Really? Separation of church and state?

No, religion is not a factor in eligibility. It's just a factor in getting votes when it shouldn't be. Probably how Obama became a Christian even though he was raised by atheists.
it's one of those things that americans say is not a factor but we all know it is. i'd like to see americans elect an atheist or druze or something. has there ever been a non-christian president in the US?
pansy gayboy 69 is offline  
Old 01-13-2017, 07:33 PM   #956 (permalink)
Key
hi
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,167
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pansy gayboy 69 View Post
it's one of those things that americans say is not a factor but we all know it is. i'd like to see americans elect an atheist or druze or something. has there ever been a non-christian president in the US?
Oh yeah, plenty.

George Washington was Episcopalian. John Adams was Unitarian.
Key is online now  
Old 01-13-2017, 07:34 PM   #957 (permalink)
kibbeh
 
pansy gayboy 69's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: nowhere
Posts: 649
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiiii View Post
Oh yeah, plenty.

George Washington was Episcopalian. John Adams was Unitarian.
those are just different types of christians
pansy gayboy 69 is offline  
Old 01-13-2017, 07:34 PM   #958 (permalink)
Your FBI Rep
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 29,573
Default

Lmao
__________________
Frownland is offline  
Old 01-13-2017, 07:34 PM   #959 (permalink)
Key
hi
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,167
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pansy gayboy 69 View Post
those are just different types of christians
You were asking specifically Christian. But yes, there have been Abraham Lincoln has no specified religion.
Key is online now  
Old 01-13-2017, 07:35 PM   #960 (permalink)
kibbeh
 
pansy gayboy 69's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: nowhere
Posts: 649
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiiii View Post
You were asking specifically Christian. But yes, there have been Abraham Lincoln has no specified religion.
we all know he was probably a jesus freak too
pansy gayboy 69 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.