Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2017, 08:25 AM   #41 (permalink)
My Sorrow is Luminous
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 9,088
Default

Nea will learn nothing his ultra right wing politics are as much a product of faith as his Christianity
__________________
Just another marketing ploy

"That's the end of my life. The rest is posthumous."
elphenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 11:45 AM   #42 (permalink)
Put The Cult In Culture
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,699
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
I was one of them and the few pictures floating around from the event shows trash pretty neatly near the bins or signs gathered together in piles. They weren't scattered all over the place. You can tell the difference. I carried my sign and bottles in my bookings. I had to leave early so I wasn't able to volunteer for the clean up that they had afterwards.
Not ones I've seen. And every source I've seen says nobody stayed after to clean up. That clean up you keep saying was going to happen keeps reading as something handled by the city rather than the protesters. Prove to me that a clean up happened and the info I got from the Trump supporter is false and I will shut the **** up and use that to harass the Trump supporter.
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 11:50 AM   #43 (permalink)
Gotcha
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 29,753
Default

Maybe the only people concerned with reporting on the cleanliness of the rallies are partisan sources who are more interested in a good gotcha moment espousing the other side's hypocrisy than the environmental effect of these protests.

Just a thought.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 12:50 PM   #44 (permalink)
subscribe to pewdiepie
 
Dharma & Greg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 36,766
Default

I can't imagine why any source that wasn't partisan would even give the slightest **** about covering garbage duty.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin & Hobbes
To evaluate my character my immediate pleasure is being pitted against my future greed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
Dharma & Greg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 12:56 PM   #45 (permalink)
Put The Cult In Culture
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,699
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Maybe the only people concerned with reporting on the cleanliness of the rallies are partisan sources who are more interested in a good gotcha moment espousing the other side's hypocrisy than the environmental effect of these protests.

Just a thought.
Yeah, I'm not stupid. But at the same time you'd think some offended liberal would have proof that what was reported is being dishonest.


And why it mattered, Batlord, is that not only does it show that people don't really give a ****, like when a feminist tears into a a male playing stereotypical male roles because that's what they want to be, but it also costs the city tons of money to clean that **** up. Unless you wanna go down the trendy pandering route like Logan did and say they are creating jobs.

Actually they should do that. That's kind of been the conservative pre *** speaking point on anything "it'll create jobs" just tell them your trash created more jobs than Trump ever did.
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 01:02 PM   #46 (permalink)
subscribe to pewdiepie
 
Dharma & Greg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 36,766
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
Yeah, I'm not stupid. But at the same time you'd think some offended liberal would have proof that what was reported is being dishonest.


And why it mattered, Batlord, is that not only does it show that people don't really give a ****, like when a feminist tears into a a male playing stereotypical male roles because that's what they want to be, but it also costs the city tons of money to clean that **** up. Unless you wanna go down the trendy pandering route like Logan did and say they are creating jobs.

Actually they should do that. That's kind of been the conservative pre *** speaking point on anything "it'll create jobs" just tell them your trash created more jobs than Trump ever did.
No, I mean, why would any reporter not from Fox News or whatever stick around after the protest to make sure they cleaned up after themselves? That just sounds like somebody took a few photos on their cellphone and hyped it on Twitter to their conservative buddies.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin & Hobbes
To evaluate my character my immediate pleasure is being pitted against my future greed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
Dharma & Greg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 01:18 PM   #47 (permalink)
eeXCX
 
Goofle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Miami is the place
Posts: 11,385
Default

Somebody has to clean up. Activists providing gainful employment, everybody wins.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 02:23 PM   #48 (permalink)
Remember the underscore
 
Pet_Sounds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: The other side
Posts: 2,329
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rostasi View Post
The "snake oil" part is his "cure" for AIDS, MS, Graves' Disease, etc. with some potion he states that he's created.
He keeps filing for a patent (I think 5 or 6 times) and lets the time run out for fee processing so he can say that
he's filed patents for his miracle cure (but nothing comes of them of course).
I wonder if his cure would be as effective as his puzzle was impossible to solve.
__________________
Everybody's dying just to get the disease
Pet_Sounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 02:48 PM   #49 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
That just sounds like somebody took a few photos on their cellphone and hyped it on Twitter to their conservative buddies.
This is what happened and it happens every year so conversatives can gloat for a little bit directly after but before the start of the clean up effort.
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 07:46 PM   #50 (permalink)
Born To Be Mild
 
Lisnaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: He lives on Love Street
Posts: 2,932
Default

Arguing about clean-up is surely missing a bigger point; that "an estimated 200,000 people" felt badly enough about Trump's plans and attitudes that they devoted a day to protesting the fact:-

Anti-Trump climate change march draws thousands in US - BBC News

A couple of key quotes from the article above:-

The facts:-

Quote:
Mr Trump has called climate change a hoax, and has vowed to pull the US out of the Paris Agreement.
In his first 100 days, he has undone several of his predecessor's environmental regulations in the name of boosting American industry and energy.
The protesters:-

Quote:
"We're sick and tired of seeing our children die of asthma. We're sick and tired of seeing people with cancer because of coal ash ponds. We're sick and tired of seeing sea-level rise."

"There is no Planet B."
__________________
Did you ever hear of having more than you wanted? So that you couldn’t want anything else and then started looking for something else to want? It seems like we’re always searching for something to satisfy us, and never finding it. - Susan Eloise Hinton, 1967
Lisnaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.