Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2017, 07:35 AM   #491 (permalink)
like i was poison ivy
 
Goofle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Miami is the place
Posts: 11,372
Default

It's the assumption that black people have big cocks. Should all get some jail time.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 07:47 AM   #492 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
riseagainstrocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 3,319
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
That's pretty much on the verge of being condescending. You don't know me from Adam so quit making assumptions.
Fair, but you do realize you said the equivalent of 'hey now, some of my best friends are black' in an argument involving race, right? As both cases are unverifiable, perhaps don't cite personal anecdotes as bona fides?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
Yeah well you could have couched it a little better. You could have easily just said "some blacks" instead of adding "ignorant" and "folk." If you are talking about people who thrash out at whites for (what they conceive) as being "privileged" they are not "folk" which denotes a more congenial disposition. You're talking about people with an axe to grind, or as you put it a club to wield. "Ignorant" can have two connotations one being plainly "lacking in knowledge." But it can also mean "lacking in manners" or "devoid of civility." I was cringing thinking you were implying the latter.
This is mostly nonsense. "Some blacks" is less offensive? It was exceedingly clear from my context that I was referring to a subset of black people. I used the term ignorant, context again made clear by the cited topic of expounding on bad ideas. But fine, I'll work on being more explicit. I say folk because it's a part of my speech. Also, typing 'people' the 4-5 times in a single paragraph is both boring and poor writing.

I also used the phrase 'white folk', which you didn't point out. Which is quite shocking as I didn't preface it with 'ignorant' therefore showing how I'm a fascistic, racist, liberal (but who's also super PC?) and make arguments against racism because actually I secretly hate minorities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
Again on the verge of being snarky.
Yeah, just like the preceding sentence. Again, I haven't seen you attempt to enter any conversations as of late (maybe never, but I don't remember). Just throwing terrible shade. You're aggressively boring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
Those "inaccurate descriptor" I like you to know were for you benefit. I didn't want to transgress against any Leftist PC by-laws I was unaware of.
So is the phrase 'ignorant black folk' racist or not? To recap:

1. RAR used the phrase 'ignorant black folk' and espouses liberal ideas, therefore he's a actually a bigot
2. lol I only said African-American because I don't want to anger you pussy liberals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
You say "socially conscious minority friends" with such an air of superiority that it just exasperates me.
Once again, I'll direct you to the 'my girlfriend lives in Canada... she's a model' of arguments involving race - guy arguing for ethno-nationalism/social conservative/authoritarian values: "LOL all my friends are either African America or Asian American so start chowing down on your hat."

By the way, it literally doesn't matter if it's true. I was mocking you. Because outside of music threads, in which I respect your opinion and look forward to your posts, you are quite mock-able.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
Bravo! I seen that your college professors taught you well. If it's not straight from your leftist political echo chamber than it is not a worthy contribution. The free-thinkers must assimilate, resistance if futile.
You start making arguments that aren't petty word games and I'll happily engage with you. Most of what I do here is disagree with people.

Posting a ****lord 'type 2 bigotry' meme isn't contributing. Or at least, that's not what my woo-peddling, pansexual, vegan, Odinist, college professors taught me.

That was snark too.
__________________
One note timeless, came out of nowhere...
riseagainstrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 10:34 AM   #493 (permalink)
Girls,Cars,Guitars
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 8,983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
College isn't actually full of intellects
this isn't something I said, you seem to miss the point and go off about nothing

Imagine a creationist tells you "oh your professor whispered that into your ear" upon explaining the age of the Earth
__________________
Just another marketing ploy

Bernie 2020
elphenor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 10:49 AM   #494 (permalink)
Nobody likes my music
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In Cognito
Posts: 21,747
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle View Post
It's the assumption that black people have big cocks. Should all get some jail time.
Hey if black people want to keep roosters they have the right to have them as big as they want, surely?
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 10:52 AM   #495 (permalink)
Who wants this dick?
 
Dharma & Greg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 36,593
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseagainstrocks View Post
Spoiler for jesus christ that's a lot of words:
Fair, but you do realize you said the equivalent of 'hey now, some of my best friends are black' in an argument involving race, right? As both cases are unverifiable, perhaps don't cite personal anecdotes as bona fides?



This is mostly nonsense. "Some blacks" is less offensive? It was exceedingly clear from my context that I was referring to a subset of black people. I used the term ignorant, context again made clear by the cited topic of expounding on bad ideas. But fine, I'll work on being more explicit. I say folk because it's a part of my speech. Also, typing 'people' the 4-5 times in a single paragraph is both boring and poor writing.

I also used the phrase 'white folk', which you didn't point out. Which is quite shocking as I didn't preface it with 'ignorant' therefore showing how I'm a fascistic, racist, liberal (but who's also super PC?) and make arguments against racism because actually I secretly hate minorities.



Yeah, just like the preceding sentence. Again, I haven't seen you attempt to enter any conversations as of late (maybe never, but I don't remember). Just throwing terrible shade. You're aggressively boring.



So is the phrase 'ignorant black folk' racist or not? To recap:

1. RAR used the phrase 'ignorant black folk' and espouses liberal ideas, therefore he's a actually a bigot
2. lol I only said African-American because I don't want to anger you pussy liberals



Once again, I'll direct you to the 'my girlfriend lives in Canada... she's a model' of arguments involving race - guy arguing for ethno-nationalism/social conservative/authoritarian values: "LOL all my friends are either African America or Asian American so start chowing down on your hat."

By the way, it literally doesn't matter if it's true. I was mocking you. Because outside of music threads, in which I respect your opinion and look forward to your posts, you are quite mock-able.



You start making arguments that aren't petty word games and I'll happily engage with you. Most of what I do here is disagree with people.

Posting a ****lord 'type 2 bigotry' meme isn't contributing. Or at least, that's not what my woo-peddling, pansexual, vegan, Odinist, college professors taught me.

That was snark too.
You win, RAR.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin & Hobbes
To evaluate my character my immediate pleasure is being pitted against my future greed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
Dharma & Greg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 11:02 AM   #496 (permalink)
Fck Ths Thngs
 
DwnWthVwls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,184
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
this isn't something I said
I know.. I can read. You were criticizing conservative ideology about intellectualism, but since you tied it to a comment about college professors I wanted to take the opportunity to make fun of your major and point out what a joke college is. It's as if you assumed Nea making a negative comment about college professors is an actual indicator of his conservative disdain for intellectualism.. hmmm. Connecting the dots is hard.
__________________
I don't got a god complex, you got a simple god...
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 11:21 AM   #497 (permalink)
#notmymoderator
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 29,595
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
I know.. I can read. You were criticizing conservative ideology about intellectualism, but since you tied it to a comment about college professors I wanted to take the opportunity to make fun of your major and point out what a joke college is. It's as if you assumed Nea making a negative comment about college professors is an actual indicator of his conservative disdain for intellectualism.. hmmm. Connecting the dots is hard.
It's hardly a difficult jump to make.
__________________
Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 11:44 AM   #498 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
riseagainstrocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 3,319
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You win, RAR.
I feel warm all over

But then again, I do have a terrible sarcasm detector.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls
You were criticizing conservative ideology about intellectualism, but since you tied it to a comment about college professors I wanted to take the opportunity to make fun of your major and point out what a joke college is.
I know this is OT, but I've seen a couple statements like this. When you say "joke", what do you mean? Cost/benefit ratio? What's actually taught/not taught? Elitism? Some combination?
__________________
One note timeless, came out of nowhere...
riseagainstrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 12:16 PM   #499 (permalink)
Fck Ths Thngs
 
DwnWthVwls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,184
Default

In my experience college is suffering from the same problems as the rest of the educational institutions in that they are focused more on money and test scores and less on education.. There is really no excuse for Americans to be as uneducated as they are considering all the benefits we have from living here.

To give you an example, I was a teacher's assistant for a professor, who had to make her tests easier because they are required to have X amount of kids get certain grades/not fail. This professor was very thorough, ALWAYS available outside of the classroom, and really on the ball. If people were doing poorly it was 100% their fault, or in some cases real life got in the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
It's hardly a difficult jump to make.
I mean I have the same complaints about how echochambery and reluctant colleges are to discuss topics that dissent from which ever way they lean, but I don't have a disdain for intellectualism. Also, maybe I just don't read enough of Nea's posts, but I never got that vibe from him.
__________________
I don't got a god complex, you got a simple god...
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 12:19 PM   #500 (permalink)
Who wants this dick?
 
Dharma & Greg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 36,593
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
In my experience college is suffering from the same problems as the rest of the educational institutions in that they are focused more on money and test scores and less on education.. There is really no excuse for Americans to be as uneducated as they are considering all the benefits we have from living here.

To give you an example, I was a teacher's assistant for a professor, who had to make her tests easier because they are required to have X amount of kids get certain grades/not fail. This professor was very thorough, ALWAYS available outside of the classroom, and really on the ball. If people were doing poorly it was 100% their fault, or in some cases real life got in the way.
Oh god colleges have adopted No Child Left Behind basically?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin & Hobbes
To evaluate my character my immediate pleasure is being pitted against my future greed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
Dharma & Greg is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.