Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2017, 08:02 AM   #241 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 15,420
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle View Post
I believe that people who think like yourself should be able to freely associate and set up a place to live wherein you try and make the kind of society you consent to work.
That’s one thing I appreciate about libertarians and real conservatives. What you said is a simple live and let live olive branch approach but not one that is ever extended by the governments of the world. I like the you do your thing and I’ll do mine philosophies of tribal anarchism (and even anarchocapitalists —don’t freak Elph). Unfortunately, the philosophy is mostly dominated by people with racist agendas. Even then, people who want to live racially segregated should be allowed the space for it.

However, if automation and UBI come as a package the outlier groups will be those who actually want to care for themselves.
__________________

¡¡¡brigada juvenil anarquista!!!
FLARLY WE RIDE
OccultHawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 08:32 AM   #242 (permalink)
satan in the fire
 
Goofle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Miami is the place
Posts: 11,427
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
That’s one thing I appreciate about libertarians and real conservatives. What you said is a simple live and let live olive branch approach but not one that is ever extended by the governments of the world. I like the you do your thing and I’ll do mine philosophies of tribal anarchism (and even anarchocapitalists —don’t freak Elph). Unfortunately, the philosophy is mostly dominated by people with racist agendas. Even then, people who want to live racially segregated should be allowed the space for it.

However, if automation and UBI come as a package the outlier groups will be those who actually want to care for themselves.
Any proof that ancaps and general libertarians are dominated by racists? I've literally never seen any racism from people within serious ancap/libertarian communities.

Of course every group has it's weird 4chan type spinoffs (ancapistan on FB for example) but that's natural.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 09:20 AM   #243 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 15,420
Default

I’m sorry for not making myself clear. I only meant tribal anarchists.
__________________

¡¡¡brigada juvenil anarquista!!!
FLARLY WE RIDE
OccultHawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 09:25 AM   #244 (permalink)
satan in the fire
 
Goofle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Miami is the place
Posts: 11,427
Default

Fair enough. I don't know anything about that particular movement.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 09:37 AM   #245 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 15,420
Default

Probably because it doesn’t even really exist lol

The way I imagine it is like voluntary segregation without the hate

It’s been awhile since I thought about it
__________________

¡¡¡brigada juvenil anarquista!!!
FLARLY WE RIDE
OccultHawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 11:35 AM   #246 (permalink)
Fck Ths Thngs
 
DwnWthVwls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,830
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I’d rather live like our anatomically modern ancerstors did for at least 200,000 years and every other living organism has lived forever: without money.

It’s not a utopian thought experiment. Our current situation, which is a temporary trap, is the weird anomaly.
Than go live in the woods like they did.. No one is stopping you. Plenty of remote locations where you'll never be bothered.. I'd put money that you don't have the skills, energy, or motivation to make it work though. Instead you'll complain about your place in a society you hate and be miserable.

The funny thing is I don't really disagree with you. I idealize the way native americans lived minus the tribal warfare, but I'm the first to admit I have been corrupted by the society I was raised in, and while it sounds wonderful, I'm way to far gone to ever enjoy the kind of living.. No internet? No video games? No instant gratification, amazing health care, high life expectancy, and easy travel? No thank you. Worst of all no MusicBanter!! The trade offs would have been probably been worth it if I wasn't raised this way, but there is no going back. Sooo, again, stop pretending like you want it and just do it, because youre full of **** until you do.. Less talk more action.
__________________
I don't got a god complex, you got a simple god...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I'd vote for Trump
DwnWthVwls is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 11:42 AM   #247 (permalink)
Acattin Sane
 
Fluff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: The Black Country
Posts: 8,476
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
Than go live in the woods like they did.. No one is stopping you. Plenty of remote locations where you'll never be bothered.. I'd put money that you don't have the skills, energy, or motivation to make it work though. Instead you'll complain about your place in a society you hate and be miserable.
Good post.
__________________


"Be a good teammate."
Fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 11:44 AM   #248 (permalink)
be excellent 2 each other
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 32,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
Than go live in the woods like they did.. No one is stopping you. Plenty of remote locations where you'll never be bothered.. I'd put money that you don't have the skills, energy, or motivation to make it work though. Instead you'll complain about your place in a society you hate and be miserable.

The funny thing is I don't really disagree with you. I idealize the way native americans lived minus the tribal warfare, but I'm the first to admit I have been corrupted by the society I was raised in, and while it sounds wonderful, I'm way to far gone to ever enjoy the kind of living.. No internet? No video games? No instant gratification, amazing health care, high life expectancy, and easy travel? No thank you. Worst of all no MusicBanter!! The trade offs would have been probably been worth it if I wasn't raised this way, but there is no going back. Sooo, again, stop pretending like you want it and just do it, because youre full of **** until you do.. Less talk more action.
No money=/=no modern luxuries
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 11:47 AM   #249 (permalink)
Fck Ths Thngs
 
DwnWthVwls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,830
Default

That's not true. We haven't found/developed a functional no money system for the globe to adopt or agree on, and while I don't think it's impossible, yes, for the time being, no money does in fact = no modern luxuries.
__________________
I don't got a god complex, you got a simple god...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I'd vote for Trump
DwnWthVwls is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 11:49 AM   #250 (permalink)
be excellent 2 each other
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 32,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
That's not true. We haven't found/developed a functional no money system for the globe to adopt or agree on, and while I don't think it's impossible, yes, for the time being, no money does in fact = no modern luxuries.
Some of them, sure, but it's hella disingenuous to pose living off of the land as an alternative to a money system.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.