Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2018, 04:23 PM   #741 (permalink)
free hugs
 
MarieMarie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Cute Post Malone's mom
Posts: 864
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
hate that song (Wuthering Heights)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
It's honestly one of Bush's worst tracks. That album has vastly, vastly superior tracks like Moving, Kite and Strange Phenomena.
Nooo sacrilege
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You sound like Buffy after they dragged her back from Heaven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
I want to open a school for MB's lost boys and teach them basic coping skills and build up their self esteem and strengthen their emotional intelligence and teach them about vegetables and institutionalized racism and sexism and then they'll all build a bronze statue of me in my honor and my bronzed titties will forever be groped by the grubby paws of you ****ing whiny pathetic white boys.
MarieMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 04:25 PM   #742 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Aalborg
Posts: 7,636
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaExpressesHerself View Post
Nooo sacrilege
I love Kate Bush and I don't even mind that song, but it's still a bottom feeder for me.

Rubberband Girl is the worst, if I had to pick.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 04:26 PM   #743 (permalink)
Ask me how!
 
Oriphiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: The States
Posts: 5,164
Default

Wuthering Heights is great

I call it The Karaoke Killer
__________________
----------------------
|---Mic's Albums---|
----------------------
-----------------------------
|---Deafbox Industries---|
-----------------------------
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 04:27 PM   #744 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Aalborg
Posts: 7,636
Default

Can we at least agree that Moving is one of her best tracks?
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 04:28 PM   #745 (permalink)
Ask me how!
 
Oriphiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: The States
Posts: 5,164
Default

Moving is one of the first songs of hers that I heard

Fell in love with it instantly
__________________
----------------------
|---Mic's Albums---|
----------------------
-----------------------------
|---Deafbox Industries---|
-----------------------------
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 04:31 PM   #746 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Aalborg
Posts: 7,636
Default

Me too. Not even joking. I bought the album on a whim, put it in my stereo, pressed play and had my mind blown.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 04:33 PM   #747 (permalink)
free hugs
 
MarieMarie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Cute Post Malone's mom
Posts: 864
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
Can we at least agree that Moving is one of her best tracks?
Yeah, I like Moving. BTW I adore the first album, but I haven't really gotten into the later ones yet. I remember hearing them a long time ago and dismissing them as new-agey, but I should give them a new try. Where to start?
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You sound like Buffy after they dragged her back from Heaven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
I want to open a school for MB's lost boys and teach them basic coping skills and build up their self esteem and strengthen their emotional intelligence and teach them about vegetables and institutionalized racism and sexism and then they'll all build a bronze statue of me in my honor and my bronzed titties will forever be groped by the grubby paws of you ****ing whiny pathetic white boys.
MarieMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 04:33 PM   #748 (permalink)
Boneshaker Baby
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 11,749
Default

Debut not only doesn't have a bad track, it doesn't have a track that isn't the greatest thing you've ever heard
__________________
Just another marketing ploy
Quote:
You know nothing about it!
it's not your domain
Don't confuse yourself with someone who has something to say
elphenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 04:38 PM   #749 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Aalborg
Posts: 7,636
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaExpressesHerself View Post
Yeah, I like Moving. BTW I adore the first album, but I haven't really gotten into the later ones yet. I remember hearing them a long time ago and dismissing them as new-agey, but I should give them a new try. Where to start?
I love the first 5 albums, but Never for Ever is a great place to start imo. Varied. Many people don't like Lionheart as much as I do, but I think it's great if you want more in style with the first album.

The Dreaming is kinda weird, but in a good way.

Hounds of Love takes on some 80's pop sounds, but still has standout tracks. Mother Stands for Comfort is one of my favorite Kate Bush tracks. But I like the first 4 albums a bit better personally. They just have more of that warm 70's sound that served her so well.

After that, it's not until 50 Words for Snow that there's an album I love unconditionally, but that one takes a lot of patience. A real slow burner.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 04:43 PM   #750 (permalink)
free hugs
 
MarieMarie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Cute Post Malone's mom
Posts: 864
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
Debut not only doesn't have a bad track, it doesn't have a track that isn't the greatest thing you've ever heard
Björk is pretty consistently brilliant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
I love the first 5 albums, but Never for Ever is a great place to start imo. Varied. Many people don't like Lionheart as much as I do, but I think it's great if you want more in style with the first album.

The Dreaming is kinda weird, but in a good way.

Hounds of Love takes on some 80's pop sounds, but still has standout tracks. Mother Stands for Comfort is one of my favorite Kate Bush tracks. But I like the first 4 albums a bit better personally. They just have more of that warm 70's sound that served her so well.

After that, it's not until 50 Words for Snow that there's an album I love unconditionally, but that one takes a lot of patience. A real slow burner.
Thanks! I'll keep away from the 80's pop sounds for a while, I think those albums are the ones that put me off in the first place. I'll definitely check out the earlier ones!
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You sound like Buffy after they dragged her back from Heaven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
I want to open a school for MB's lost boys and teach them basic coping skills and build up their self esteem and strengthen their emotional intelligence and teach them about vegetables and institutionalized racism and sexism and then they'll all build a bronze statue of me in my honor and my bronzed titties will forever be groped by the grubby paws of you ****ing whiny pathetic white boys.
MarieMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.