Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2021, 09:33 PM   #21 (permalink)
SGR
No Ice In My Bourbon
 
SGR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: /dev/null
Posts: 3,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
this is the definition of not having standards
I agree. Abba was much better.
SGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 09:44 PM   #22 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 22,033
Default

Elph is putting on his big boy pants and wants to try to talk **** about music.

Don’t embarrass yourself elphy. You’d have to live to be 1000.
__________________

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 09:48 PM   #23 (permalink)
SGR
No Ice In My Bourbon
 
SGR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: /dev/null
Posts: 3,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Elph is putting on his big boy pants and wants to try to talk **** about music.

Don’t embarrass yourself elphy. You’d have to live to be 1000.
There's nothing wrong with the Eagles. Great band.

I think even Elph would agree that the Eagles were basically the Three Six Mafia of the '70s.

SGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 09:56 PM   #24 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 22,033
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundgardenRocks View Post
There's nothing wrong with the Eagles. Great band.

I think even Elph would agree that the Eagles were basically the Three Six Mafia of the '70s.

Unassailable
__________________

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 11:01 PM   #25 (permalink)
quarantined
 
Neapolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Les Barricades Mystérieuses
Posts: 7,374
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
this is the definition of not having standards
You know who have "standards?" Jazz.

You know who wrote their own material? Eagles.

So I guess you're right in an accidental way. Eagles didn't do "standards," they left that all up to Jazz. You could say the Eagles are in fact the the definition of not having standards.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by mord View Post
Actually, I like you a lot, Nea. That's why I treat you like ****. It's the MB way.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 11:06 PM   #26 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 22,033
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
You know who have "standards?" Jazz.

You know who wrote their own material? Eagles.

So I guess you're right in an accidental way. Eagles didn't do "standards," they left that all up to Jazz.
I bet if I played name that tune with elph with the game about identifying jazz standards I could beat him 1000-0
__________________

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 11:10 PM   #27 (permalink)
Willowy Elven Boy
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Joe Meek's Ghost
Posts: 14,148
Default

music is the worst
__________________
Just another marketing ploy

Quote:
Are beehives and ant colonies unnatural? Cause they cooperate on a level we could hardly dream of.
elphenor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 11:27 PM   #28 (permalink)
quarantined
 
Neapolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Les Barricades Mystérieuses
Posts: 7,374
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I bet if I played name that tune with elph with the game about identifying jazz standards I could beat him 1000-0
Both Elph and Trollheart and even with one ear tied behind your back.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by mord View Post
Actually, I like you a lot, Nea. That's why I treat you like ****. It's the MB way.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 06:09 AM   #29 (permalink)
Born to be mild
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 404 Not Found
Posts: 24,095
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
What kind of fool would hate the Eagles? They have so many great songs. Plus they pulled off so many styles so effectively. They have the perfect definitive seventies sound.
Just about everyone here
Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
this is the definition of not having standards
Like this guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Elph is putting on his big boy pants and wants to try to talk **** about music.

Don’t embarrass yourself elphy. You’d have to live to be 1000.
Well he is an elf. They live long lives.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
Both Elph and Trollheart and even with one ear tied behind your back.
Why would you even include me in that? You know full well I know virtually nothing about jazz, and have as little interest in it. So you might as well say OH could beat me in a quiz about hip-hop or avant-garde. Wozz yer point pal?

The boy done his dad proud.
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 08:14 AM   #30 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 22,033
Default

I’d be more than fine with that if I got to see it live. That was cool. Good for him and whole band.
__________________

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2021 Advameg, Inc.