Spill Your Guts: What You Really Think About MB members - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The MB Reader > Editors Pick
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2009, 06:15 PM   #121 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
storymilo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,845
Default

I guess I'll give this a try:

Bulldog- Well, he was one of the first MB members to talk to me and he along with Rickenbacker referred me to the site. He might just be my favorite member on the site...

Rickenbacker- I have a little secret about this guy: I've met him in real life. While he gives off a rather mean impression on MB I think he's actually a pretty nice guy.

jackhammer- Of course everybody knows him, he seems like a really nice guy. I really like his diverse musical taste, and although I checked out his last.fm and we have "Low" compatibility, I never seem to disagree with his taste.

booboo- I remember on the first day I joined, I saw him and at first I thought he was rather childish in his posts. Now that I've been here longer and, while I havn't talked to him much (our musical tastes are not really that similar) he has struck as actually an intelligent person who gets a lot of grief for no reason.

Neapolitan- I have mixed feelings about him. We don't have much in common musically, but he does seem like a pretty nice guy. Apparently people think he's a troll (?) but I disagree

FreeBaseDali- I've only talked to him in the shoutbox, but from that conversation and from his posts, he seems to be one of the smartest members on the site, who maybe needs to watch the insults sometimes.

TheBig3KilledMyRainDog- Unfortunately most of the posts I've seen by him seem to be pretty mean...

Kayleigh- Well I seem to be with most people here when I say that I can't stand her musical taste, but other than that she seems to be a pretty nice person, who's excessive smileys can piss me off sometimes

PissMeOff- I don't really understand his username, because he seems to be one of the least offensive members on the site. He likes the Smiths (always good) and is generally very nice about things.

Dreadnought- Everyone seems to agree that she's pretty, but I've never seen any pics of her, and I hardly ever see her post

UrbanHatemonger- He is one of the most interesting people on the site to me. Sometimes he's nice, sometimes he's mean, but overall very smart and and good taste in music

Lateralus- I quite like her taste in music, and she often says pretty funny things. Also, her Australian accent is kick-ass

Right Track- A very moddy mod. Meaning, unlike some of the others, I'll actually see posts where he's telling people off for spamming or something, not just ragging on them for having slightly different music tastes than him. He seems like a really ni ce guy.

Antonio- I really like him. Really nice guy, actually plays an instrument, and I mostly agree with him musically

Well those are only some of the posters I've seen. Overall of course th site is awesome, and I look forward to sticking around
storymilo is offline  
Old 09-10-2009, 06:40 AM   #122 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 127
Default

Alot of "youngsters" here. Scary avatars. Some of the threads and posts seem juvenile to me. But hey, kids have to have somewhere to go I guess. I more used to another music forum that has older "audiophile" type members. I come here when that gets boring. Right now it's all Beatles threads. The Beatles are o.k., but there are other things in my life.
Classof75 is offline  
Old 09-10-2009, 10:07 AM   #123 (permalink)
Nae wains, Great Danes.
 
FETCHER.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Where how means why.
Posts: 3,621
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by storymilo View Post
Kayleigh- Well I seem to be with most people here when I say that I can't stand her musical taste, but other than that she seems to be a pretty nice person, who's excessive smileys can piss me off sometimes
my music taste isnt just trance, trance all day long i would be with yous and therefore wouldnt be able to stand it, although most of my music is electronica, for you to look through my itunes would pretty much shock you!
i have to contain myself with my smileys, 4 a post. booo!
see not one smiley yet. im trying, just for you!

that was hard not putting a smiley in there.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by butthead aka 216 View Post
i havent i refuse to in fact. it triggers my ptsd from yrs ago when i thought my ex's anal beads were those edible candy necklaces
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Rez View Post
Keep it in your pants scottie.
FETCHER. is offline  
Old 09-10-2009, 10:59 AM   #124 (permalink)
Melancholia Eternally
 
Mojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: England
Posts: 5,018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classof75 View Post
Alot of "youngsters" here. Scary avatars. Some of the threads and posts seem juvenile to me. But hey, kids have to have somewhere to go I guess. I more used to another music forum that has older "audiophile" type members. I come here when that gets boring. Right now it's all Beatles threads. The Beatles are o.k., but there are other things in my life.
Well I dont know what threads you go in but the vast majority of our younger members seem to be much more mature than I would generally expect them to be. I'm sure you could find examples of the opposites but then again, all forums have irritating members and well, kids are kids.
__________________

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline  
Old 09-10-2009, 12:04 PM   #125 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 127
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojopinuk View Post
Well I dont know what threads you go in but the vast majority of our younger members seem to be much more mature than I would generally expect them to be. I'm sure you could find examples of the opposites but then again, all forums have irritating members and well, kids are kids.
You are right. I guess what I look for mostly in a music forum is to gain some
knowledge and information, rather than personal opinions or sniping. There are
some good personalitys here, but I find some posts a little "low brow".
Classof75 is offline  
Old 09-10-2009, 02:27 PM   #126 (permalink)
Melancholia Eternally
 
Mojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: England
Posts: 5,018
Default

You're gonna find dumb, useless posts anywhere because there are dumb, useless people everywhere. Personally the reason I have stayed here is because I can't log in without learning about a band or an album I have to listen to. Of course now the list of things to download or buy is a mile long and im really backed up. It's gotten to the point where I realistically cant get round to all of them.
__________________

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline  
Old 09-10-2009, 05:43 PM   #127 (permalink)
/
 
Rickenbacker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Conn
Posts: 1,338
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayleigh. View Post
my music taste isnt just trance, trance all day long i would be with yous and therefore wouldnt be able to stand it, although most of my music is electronica, for you to look through my itunes would pretty much shock you!
i have to contain myself with my smileys, 4 a post. booo!
see not one smiley yet. im trying, just for you!

that was hard not putting a smiley in there.
I love myself some Electronic music, but it's when you bring up stuff like Aerosmith's "I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing" that my breakfast comes up.
Rickenbacker is offline  
Old 09-11-2009, 03:52 AM   #128 (permalink)
Melancholia Eternally
 
Mojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: England
Posts: 5,018
Default

Ouch...

I can't stand the song myself but we all have songs that we like more for what they mean to us personally rather than for the song itself.
__________________

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline  
Old 09-11-2009, 05:20 AM   #129 (permalink)
Nae wains, Great Danes.
 
FETCHER.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Where how means why.
Posts: 3,621
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
I love myself some Electronic music, but it's when you bring up stuff like Aerosmith's "I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing" that my breakfast comes up.
well when a childhood friend dies by drowning in a river when hes only 12 years old & that song is picked by his parents to play at his funeral.. generally gets tears flowing. i never said it was the song if you read my post again it will say cos it was played at a funeral
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by butthead aka 216 View Post
i havent i refuse to in fact. it triggers my ptsd from yrs ago when i thought my ex's anal beads were those edible candy necklaces
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Rez View Post
Keep it in your pants scottie.
FETCHER. is offline  
Old 09-11-2009, 05:28 PM   #130 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4,538
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classof75 View Post
You are right. I guess what I look for mostly in a music forum is to gain some
knowledge and information, rather than personal opinions or sniping. There are
some good personalitys here, but I find some posts a little "low brow".
Well how presumptuous of you.

kayleigh: I've noticed you posting a lot and so far I like your style.

TumorAttitude: Somebody I used to like but am having trouble with since discovering their lack of respect for a certain comedy hero of mine.

LoathsomePete: Congratiulations on the modding! It was an excellent choice to be sure of!

AwwSugar: You are always funny in the lounge. I don't really know anything about you though. That's probably my fault, since I've been away and haven't had the chance to get into any music discussions as of late.

BTown787: I like that you like Nirvana. That's an important thing for me. You also showed me a great Nirvana bootleg site. We should talk music sometime, find out a bit about eachother's taste.

Lateralus: Respect to you. You are always polite and your last.fm charts are filled with great music.

Terrible Lizard: Slightly abrupt but always fun.
someonecompletelyrandom is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2024 Advameg, Inc.