Spill Your Guts: What You Really Think About MB members - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The MB Reader > Editors Pick
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 04:28 PM   #1881 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,711
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
Maybe I missed something on the Howard thread! But I found after the initial condolences towards Howard, that the thread was sadly turning into a thread of petty bickering which really has no place on that thread. Any forum member could have said what Urban said, but I guess when it comes from a mod it seems more like a telling off, rather than a please stop this type of request.
For one, I'm with Janszoon that there wasn't much bickering, just explaining to Trollhammer that a joke was made had nothing to do with the situation. I don't think that's very disrespectful personally, but that's just me.

And when Urban tells us to hold our heads in shame for it, I can't help but be amused when he made comments like this before the news:

http://www.musicbanter.com/1252456-post32.html

Is respect not deserved for someone alive? Just found it ironic that he would be the one to lecture us on being respectful
midnight rain is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 04:58 PM   #1882 (permalink)
The Sexual Intellectual
 
Urban Hat€monger ?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Somewhere cooler than you
Posts: 18,605
Default

I wondered how long it would be before that comment would be dragged up.

I could have easily have gone into the other thread and say I thought he was this or that, but I didn't. why didn't I? Out of respect for the people who did like him and want to have a place where they could say goodbye to him. I would feel the same regardless of whether it was him or any other person on here.

Whatever I felt about him is totally irrelevant to this.
__________________



Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 04:59 PM   #1883 (permalink)
Horribly Creative
 
Unknown Soldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: London, The Big Smoke
Posts: 8,265
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
For one, I'm with Janszoon that there wasn't much bickering, just explaining to Trollhammer that a joke was made had nothing to do with the situation. I don't think that's very disrespectful personally, but that's just me.

And when Urban tells us to hold our heads in shame for it, I can't help but be amused when he made comments like this before the news:

http://www.musicbanter.com/1252456-post32.html

Is respect not deserved for someone alive? Just found it ironic that he would be the one to lecture us on being respectful
Well that thread was created by me, wondering what had happened to Howard, now we know of course! I was surprised that it was shut down as it was quite active. It seemed to be shut down as it wasn't going anywhere, but then again 75% of the threads on the forum don't really go anywhere either.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by eraser.time206 View Post
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 05:07 PM   #1884 (permalink)
Horribly Creative
 
Unknown Soldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: London, The Big Smoke
Posts: 8,265
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger ? View Post
I wondered how long it would be before that comment would be dragged up.

I could have easily have gone into the other thread and say I thought he was this or that, but I didn't. why didn't I? Out of respect for the people who did like him and want to have a place where they could say goodbye to him. I would feel the same regardless of whether it was him or any other person on here.

Whatever I felt about him is totally irrelevant to this.
I don't think there is any issue with that thread being dragged up, nobody at the time knew he had died, so there is no reason for anybody to point a finger at you for closing it. Hell......somebody in the thread actually joked that he may have died!

We now know he has died and anybody on here whether they liked him or not, has had the choice to pay their respects to him.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by eraser.time206 View Post
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 05:13 PM   #1885 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,711
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger ? View Post
I wondered how long it would be before that comment would be dragged up.

I could have easily have gone into the other thread and say I thought he was this or that, but I didn't. why didn't I? Out of respect for the people who did like him and want to have a place where they could say goodbye to him. I would feel the same regardless of whether it was him or any other person on here.

Whatever I felt about him is totally irrelevant to this.
I thought it was about respect for Howard?

At least that's what I got out of your example of you dying, and your "Sorry Howard" at the end.

If it was respect for people who liked him, then I hope I didn't offend anyone else and apologize if I did.
midnight rain is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 05:17 PM   #1886 (permalink)
The Sexual Intellectual
 
Urban Hat€monger ?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Somewhere cooler than you
Posts: 18,605
Default

Does it really matter?

I've explained to you why I wrote that post twice now, why drag it up again?
__________________



Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 05:26 PM   #1887 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,711
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger ? View Post
Does it really matter?

I've explained to you why I wrote that post twice now, why drag it up again?
It doesn't matter if you don't care.

I explained to you why I reacted to your comment as I did and you haven't really changed my opinion of it, basically avoiding what I said. But I'm content with moving on.
midnight rain is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 06:46 PM   #1888 (permalink)
Born to be mild
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 404 Not Found
Posts: 26,966
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
For one, I'm with Janszoon that there wasn't much bickering, just explaining to Trollhammer that a joke was made had nothing to do with the situation. I don't think that's very disrespectful personally, but that's just me.

And when Urban tells us to hold our heads in shame for it, I can't help but be amused when he made comments like this before the news:

http://www.musicbanter.com/1252456-post32.html

Is respect not deserved for someone alive? Just found it ironic that he would be the one to lecture us on being respectful
Trollhammer, eh? I like that...
Mind you, sounds like Jackhammer and I got caught in some terrible matter-transfer experiment and merged as one person! What about the other half? What about poor Jackheart?
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 07:12 PM   #1889 (permalink)
killedmyraindog
 
TheBig3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 11,172
Default

So this is fun, huh?
__________________
I've moved to a new address
TheBig3 is offline  
Old 12-06-2012, 01:14 AM   #1890 (permalink)
carpe musicam
 
Neapolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Les Barricades Mystérieuses
Posts: 7,710
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FETCHER. View Post
To be fair GB didn't know he was dead and to change his opinions based on Howard's death in my opinion would be more wrong to do so.
It doesn't matter if GB knew or not. As a side note I really don't know how to take what GB said either, maybe he was venting or maybe he was being humorous. But it's not about bad timing or even what he said it's why he said it. There are things he does that looks like he's brown nosing, it's as if he picks up on who isn't like then goes after them. That incident seems like another example, he seen what others said about Howard and repeated it. I don't know if he's really doing that but if he is he should just chill. And telling a person to chill out isn't the worst thing in the world.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by mord View Post
Actually, I like you a lot, Nea. That's why I treat you like ****. It's the MB way.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2024 Advameg, Inc.