Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The MB Reader > Editors Pick
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2011, 08:41 PM   #421 (permalink)
not really
 
Sparky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trauma View Post
Now the child comes out.
Well my line of argument is very different from the other member on here.
And, as I said previously, I like Tyler and OFWGKTA. I'm not just saying, "Oh they're wrong, and homophobes."
I'm trying to have a discussion based on a view of both sides of the coin, an ability you apparently lack.
By the way your spelling and demeanor are so bad you must be tweaking.
Or maybe just a prick, I can't tell either way.
Sorry to have provoked this terrible rage. I didn't know that you were actually in OFWGKTA.


If only my internet persona could match the maturity of yours.

You must be a wonderful, gentle soul <3

Yes, you exposed me. I am in odd future, and we do in fact hate lesbians.

sorry guys :-/
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:42 PM   #422 (permalink)
snickers
 
Trauma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: detroit
Posts: 2,194
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matious View Post
I'm all for cultural change in hip hop, just don't target the one group that is actually doing something positive.
LMAO okay let's not get ahead of ourselves here.
You do know that Odd Future is in it for the money right?
Their pursuit is not solely a noble endeavor fueled by dreams of lifting up the kids and bettering society.
Yes, I agree that Tyler puts out a great message, but calling Odd Future the only positive group in hip hop is slapping hundreds or thousands of others in the face.
__________________
A mi no me importa nada
Para mi la vida es un sueño
Trauma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:47 PM   #423 (permalink)
not really
 
Sparky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trauma View Post
LMAO okay let's not get ahead of ourselves here.
You do know that Odd Future is in it for the money right?
Their pursuit is not solely a noble endeavor fueled by dreams of lifting up the kids and bettering society.
Yes, I agree that Tyler puts out a great message, but calling Odd Future the only positive group in hip hop is slapping hundreds or thousands of others in the face.
Did i somehow insinuate otherwise? Of course they're in it for the money at this point, I hope they make lots of it.

Obviously they're many positive hip hop groups, Odd future, however, is the only one being attacked.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:52 PM   #424 (permalink)
snickers
 
Trauma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: detroit
Posts: 2,194
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matious View Post


If only my internet persona could match the maturity of yours.

You must be a wonderful, gentle soul <3

Yes, you exposed me. I am in odd future, and we do in fact hate lesbians.

sorry guys :-/
Yes, resort to the sarcasm, but you're the one who said that I'm so fucking stupid I'm getting you real life pissed off.
We probably don't have very different viewpoints on Odd Future or music in general, from what I remember of you on this forum.
It was elitist of you to talk down to me from the very beginning of the discussion.
The only reason I brought it up was because you've been on this site for 4 years.
It seems that you'd be nicer to fellow MB members, especially people who have been on longer than you.
I just recently started posting again and your posts just killed it a little for me.
I'm not trying to be better-than-thou, but IMO this isn't just the "internet," this is supposed to be a "community." The purpose is to have an inviting, good-natured place to discuss music and other topics.
__________________
A mi no me importa nada
Para mi la vida es un sueño
Trauma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:58 PM   #425 (permalink)
not really
 
Sparky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trauma View Post
Yes, resort to the sarcasm, but you're the one who said that I'm so fucking stupid I'm getting you real life pissed off.
We probably don't have very different viewpoints on Odd Future or music in general, from what I remember of you on this forum.
It was elitist of you to talk down to me from the very beginning of the discussion.
The only reason I brought it up was because you've been on this site for 4 years.
It seems that you'd be nicer to fellow MB members, especially people who have been on longer than you.
I just recently started posting again and your posts just killed it a little for me.
I'm not trying to be better-than-thou, but IMO this isn't just the "internet," this is supposed to be a "community." The purpose is to have an inviting, good-natured place to discuss music and other topics.
Dude say what you want about my attitude but i did manage to keep the discussion on topic.

My demeanor really shouldn't matter as much as the points I am making, and in that respect I am totally on the ball.

I am genuinely sorry I ruined your internet community though, hopefully the other members will provide a warm fuzzy place you can feel safe in. :-)
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:14 PM   #426 (permalink)
snickers
 
Trauma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: detroit
Posts: 2,194
Default

MB Forum Rules
"General Rules:
• While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks, trolling, purposeless inflammatory posts or members deliberately provoking another member into committing any of these acts."

That is the first rule.
There is no rule discussing keeping topics on point, although that is encouraged.
I'd say lumping my arguments in with a bunch of others and saying that they're "fucking stupid" is purposeless and inflammatory. So... your argument above has little to no bearing.
This isn't supposed to be a *cushy* place, but there's no need to turn it into a SLSK forum.
I thought I got along with you before. Apparently not, but I'm sure that reflects on me somehow from a defensive, sarcastic, or elitist perspective.
Whatever.




Golf Wang, kill em all nigga triple six.
Back on topic.
__________________
A mi no me importa nada
Para mi la vida es un sueño
Trauma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:22 PM   #427 (permalink)
not really
 
Sparky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trauma View Post
MB Forum Rules
"General Rules:
• While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks, trolling, purposeless inflammatory posts or members deliberately provoking another member into committing any of these acts."
Hey your guilty of all these too, just because you point it out first doesn't make it okay.

Quote:
I'd say lumping my arguments in with a bunch of others and saying that they're "fucking stupid" is purposeless and inflammatory. So... your argument above has little to no bearing.
This isn't supposed to be a *cushy* place, but there's no need to turn it into a SLSK forum.
That wasn't even directed at anyone other then dirty, and he's from the streets he knows a man has to curse sometimes goddamit.
Quote:
I thought I got along with you before. Apparently not, but I'm sure that reflects on me somehow from a defensive, sarcastic, or elitist perspective.
Whatever.

this is like having a girlfriend or something..

Quote:
Golf Wang, kill em all nigga triple six.
Back on topic.
please refrain from such language, it offends me.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:25 PM   #428 (permalink)
snickers
 
Trauma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: detroit
Posts: 2,194
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matious View Post
please refrain from such language, it offends me.
like
__________________
A mi no me importa nada
Para mi la vida es un sueño
Trauma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 12:15 AM   #429 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 973
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matious View Post
Christianity has a huge following too. They're not that into homosexuality either, maybe she should go out of her way to pay attention to it and attack it.
See here's my problem with this type of argument, it's like what they are saying is invalid because they aren't attacking every single group or person spewing anti-gay stuff?? Cmon man, if they posted a bunch of stuff opposing every group that is against gays, then the same people calling for that (you) would be mocking them for going out of there way to oppose all of these groups.


Quote:
It's not a great example because for it to work you have to assume that odd future's music is sincere and has an agenda, and we can both agree that this isn't the case.
Yes we cna both agree, and I don't agree if T&S think they are dead serious. But I'm giving the hypothetic of a white guy making anti-black music as a 'character' and being insincere. I don't understand why it's totally ok to say it against gays or women but if someone attacked blacks, even sarcastically through lyrics, it'd still be a huge outrage don't ya think?
Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 12:29 AM   #430 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 255
Default

Are you guys done yet? I can't believe how much time I've wasted reading this crap.
supermarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.