Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The MB Reader > Editors Pick
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2017, 07:55 AM   #921 (permalink)
Gotcha
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 29,746
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan Geoff View Post
What if I had merely skimmed over every article he wrote in his personal journal?
I wouldn't be surprised be surprised.
Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 09:24 AM   #922 (permalink)
Nobody likes my music
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In Cognito
Posts: 21,747
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan Geoff View Post
What if I had merely skimmed over every article he wrote in his personal journal?
Huh? I'm not sure if you're aiming that at me or him...? Either way, I don't think six lines is too much to ask someone to read, especially when it concerns such a personal and important issue.
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 09:40 AM   #923 (permalink)
Nobody likes my music
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In Cognito
Posts: 21,747
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
He said he was stepping away from MB for awhile because of his grandmother passing. Maybe you didn't see it since it was in another thread and you haven't been around in a bit. Check the RIP thread I believe.
She was my Aunt..
Quote:
Originally Posted by innerspaceboy View Post
As a long-form journalist, nothing pains me greater than the expression, tl;dr.
Nor I. And while we're on the subject, another thing that bugs all hell out of me is people going on about "walls of text". I mean, yeah, if it's a boring medical or scientific or scholarly text, maybe (though of course plenty of people are into all of them) but just because someone takes the time to write down all they feel/want to say about something without throwing in some images or videos, you get labelled as building a wall of text? To those who have a problem with same, what's wrong with you? Did you never read a book? Are your attention spans that short that you need pictures to break up the scary wall of words? If the subject is interesting enough, if there's good writing in it and if it doesn't just keep repeating the same things, and if you're interested in the subject, why not have walls of text? What's wrong with them? I feel the ones who moan about walls of text should be looking at themselves and asking why they have a problem reading several paragraphs on a subject? I'd always rather write more than less, as long as it's not pointless drivel (which, to be fair, describes most of my writing, I know...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerspaceboy View Post
Thanks, gents! I have a bit of exciting member journal news for you.

I'm putting together a second member journal with much shorter entries. These will be tales of retail/corporate hell as related by a well-spoken Victorian gentleman who's diary entries share tales of his experiences with suburbanite white gangsta coworkers, white supremest bosses, and tales of tech support assistance he's given to elderly technophobic employees.

The juxtaposition of my dramatic, flowery, and formal speech with their stupefying ignorance should make for an entertaining read. I've got a stockpile of idiotic interactions saved from the last 10 years of hell, so I should have a steady flow of new content each week.

I'll give it a go and see how it works out.
I hesitate to use an Americanism but I think it's appropriate here: this is going to be awesome.
Do I understand you to say you're writing this yourself, as in, it's your concept, or are you quoting from someone else's writings? Either way, it sounds like you may have bagged Journal of the Year 2017 before you've even written a word!
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 10:08 AM   #924 (permalink)
Key
hi
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,184
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Jesus man: I checked it back and it was six lines. Is that tl;dr for you? I have to admit, considering how important and personal that was for me, and considering I avoided my usual wall of text, I'm a little disappointed, even slightly insulted that you would not take the time to read the few lines. Everyone else was able to read it and get the gist, but because you didn't bother you ended up making what came across - unintentionally of course, but still - as a somewhat heartless/thoughtless post, which could have been avoided had you taken a few extra seconds out of your busy life. Sad really.
As much as I would like to read every single little word on this forum, I don't have nearly as much time on this forum as I used to. I sent my condolences by responding to it. I figured that'd suffice. I could have just not responded at all. I don't live on this forum like the rest of you.
__________________

CWH
Key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 10:22 AM   #925 (permalink)
subscribe to pewdiepie
 
Dharma & Greg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 36,754
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan Geoff View Post
What if I had merely skimmed over every article he wrote in his personal journal?
You didn't?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin & Hobbes
To evaluate my character my immediate pleasure is being pitted against my future greed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
Dharma & Greg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 10:23 AM   #926 (permalink)
subscribe to pewdiepie
 
Dharma & Greg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 36,754
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiiii View Post
As much as I would like to read every single little word on this forum, I don't have nearly as much time on this forum as I used to. I sent my condolences by responding to it. I figured that'd suffice. I could have just not responded at all. I don't live on this forum like the rest of you.
*gets criticised for being a ****

*responds by being a ****
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin & Hobbes
To evaluate my character my immediate pleasure is being pitted against my future greed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
Dharma & Greg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 10:32 AM   #927 (permalink)
Key
hi
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,184
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
*gets criticised for being a ****

*responds by being a ****
If it makes anyone feel any better, I would've have even seen the post TH made had people not responded to it with his news of the passing. I'm not going to feel belittled because of that.

TH I'm sorry you took offense and I'm sorry for the recent passing, but I'm not going to feel like I did something wrong when I wouldn't have seen the post to begin with.
__________________

CWH
Key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 10:47 AM   #928 (permalink)
Nobody likes my music
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In Cognito
Posts: 21,747
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiiii View Post
If it makes anyone feel any better, I would've have even seen the post TH made had people not responded to it with his news of the passing. I'm not going to feel belittled because of that.

TH I'm sorry you took offense and I'm sorry for the recent passing, but I'm not going to feel like I did something wrong when I wouldn't have seen the post to begin with.
See I don't understand that. I CAN write huge walls of text, specially when I'm upset (and I certainly was) but I stopped myself from doing that, and condensed it into six lines, and you STILL found it tl;dr, esp as it was so personal. Yet I bet you read a review of some game or album that was a lot longer. I'm not taking offence that you didn't read it, as such, but that you had the gall to call it tl;dr when it most certainly was not. If you can't take ten seconds to read six lines then fine, but don't call it too long, because that is an insult, whether you see it as one or not.
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 10:52 AM   #929 (permalink)
Key
hi
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,184
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
See I don't understand that. I CAN write huge walls of text, specially when I'm upset (and I certainly was) but I stopped myself from doing that, and condensed it into six lines, and you STILL found it tl;dr, esp as it was so personal. Yet I bet you read a review of some game or album that was a lot longer. I'm not taking offence that you didn't read it, as such, but that you had the gall to call it tl;dr when it most certainly was not. If you can't take ten seconds to read six lines then fine, but don't call it too long, because that is an insult, whether you see it as one or not.
I think you're taking my insinuation that it was tl;dr a little too seriously and personally. I meant it as a joke. Obviously I give a **** about what happened which is why I did look for the post everyone was responding to. If I really was a dick, I wouldn't have bothered. And to be honest, I haven't really been reading or writing reviews, which is evident through the lack of entries in my month long gaming journal theme. I meant no harm, but obviously it was taken as an attack. Not what I intended, obviously. You should know me well enough to know that I wouldn't go out of my way to **** on the passing of a family member.
__________________

CWH
Key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 11:02 AM   #930 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
She was my Aunt..
My fault, you keep saying auntie and in my brain I keep thinking grandmother because of her age.
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.