Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Electronica
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2009, 05:46 AM   #21 (permalink)
It's my Mau5head!
 
wickedlk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 233
Default

Quote:
he may be overrated by stupit people who dont know what their own taste is and will like any artist everyone else likes. thats not me i like tiesto because i actually like his music, not cos some cool guy said they liked it. i found him to be out of this ****ing world in july. without a single doubt or second thought, im going next july when hes back in glasgow. guys a total legend if you ask me. ive been to many an event in my life. tiesto was the best so far.
I agree, I know a few people who have been to see him/bought records etc just because it's Tiesto and not because they really know his style or enjoy it. Then they come away from it saying he is overrated I personally love Tiesto live - strikes a really good vibe with me

His new cd is pretty electronic but it's ok imo
__________________
So many memories, so many stories!
wickedlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 07:29 AM   #22 (permalink)
Nae wains, Great Danes.
 
FETCHER.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Where how means why.
Posts: 3,412
Default

Same, he throws a good show and always interacts with the crowd, he told Glasgow (when i was there) he loved putting on a show here, loves scottish crowds, thanks for coming etc. and during he kinda screamed, "Glasgow, you are ****ing crazy, make some noise" to which we all screamed. i dont like him JUST because hes tiesto, i like him cos i like his music, and his music makes me feel good.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by butthead aka 216 View Post
i havent i refuse to in fact. it triggers my ptsd from yrs ago when i thought my ex's anal beads were those edible candy necklaces
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Rez View Post
Keep it in your pants scottie.
FETCHER. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 02:40 PM   #23 (permalink)
Crazyyyyyy Train
 
Celladorina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,832
Default

Tiesto = sex. Thread revived.
Celladorina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 01:55 PM   #24 (permalink)
True to username
 
Unrelenting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,100
Default

I really liked his album Just be, but really haven't checked out any of his other stuff. Another really good album by him?
__________________
My lastfm
Unrelenting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 02:27 PM   #25 (permalink)
Quiet Man in the Corner
 
CanwllCorfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pocono Mountains
Posts: 2,452
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unrelenting View Post
I really liked his album Just be, but really haven't checked out any of his other stuff. Another really good album by him?
I'd stick to his older stuff. He has a lot of quality in the In Search Of Sunrise Series, especially #7: Asia.
__________________
Your eyes were never yet let in to see the majesty and riches of the mind, but dwell in darkness; for your God is blind.

CanwllCorfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:28 PM   #26 (permalink)
Nae wains, Great Danes.
 
FETCHER.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Where how means why.
Posts: 3,412
Default

Damn, I'll need to download Elements of life again.

I'm still a bit unsure of Kaleidoscope. It does have a few excellent songs on it, but the rest is absolute rubbish.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by butthead aka 216 View Post
i havent i refuse to in fact. it triggers my ptsd from yrs ago when i thought my ex's anal beads were those edible candy necklaces
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Rez View Post
Keep it in your pants scottie.
FETCHER. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:55 PM   #27 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Redfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Go awat
Posts: 40
Default

Meh, he's one of my least favorite artists behind Deadmau5. There's just nothing special about his generic commercial crap in my opinion. Again, maybe I'm spoiled by Goa and shizz, but...yeah.
Redfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 05:36 AM   #28 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Raust's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,410
Default

Seems to be quiet divided for Tiesto. A lot of people say that he has little talent and his music comes off as simple. I'm fine with simple all music doesnt have to be complex. Especially some of his trance stuff. I'm fine with a repetitious beat with a few effects thrown in. Electronic music doesn't havce to be to showy for me to like it. Sometimes the simpler material is just as good. That being said I like Tiesto.
Raust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 05:46 PM   #29 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Robin333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Belgium, where music has an own life
Posts: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder View Post
Personally I'm tired of hearing about the guy. He's like the poster child for mainstream trance/progressive house. Bleh.

I respect a DJ's skills and don't know anything about his skills specifically, but I still think it's silly how highly rated any DJ can get. I think for the most part people just don't know any better. Meaning everyone likes the same guy and that's why he's so damn popular, rather than people being fans of a larger group of DJs and dividing up the attention a bit. Not sure if that makes any sense. Kind of like how mainstream artists get popular...too many people just take what's fed to them.
So you just don't like him cause he is too mainstream?! You should like or dislike him cause of his music, not because of his popularity. If you don't like his music I understand what you say, otherwise not.
And he really made some great music, nobody can denie that!
Robin333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 03:04 AM   #30 (permalink)
Nae wains, Great Danes.
 
FETCHER.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Where how means why.
Posts: 3,412
Default

I think he used to be good. He's changed his music to suit a wider target audience and his music now sounds no more unique than radio music. I'd rather listen to Snoop Dogg - sweat than tiestos new music.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by butthead aka 216 View Post
i havent i refuse to in fact. it triggers my ptsd from yrs ago when i thought my ex's anal beads were those edible candy necklaces
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Rez View Post
Keep it in your pants scottie.
FETCHER. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.