Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Games, Lists, Jokes and Polls
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

View Poll Results: Smoke in public?
Yea 37 28.68%
Nay 69 53.49%
Don't Care 23 17.83%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2020, 02:55 PM   #251 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 42,460
Default

I didn't realize COVID went back that far. Big Tobacco has a lot of explaining to do.
__________________
CHINA IS CAPITALIST
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 04:02 PM   #252 (permalink)
Acattin Sane
 
Fluff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: The Black Country
Posts: 8,634
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
same don't understand people being grossed out by it
I don't think most people who complain are that grossed out by it. It's usually non smoking gimps overreacting to smoking and going on like it is worse than it really is.

It's similar to weed smoke, it is tolerable in a room or directly off the joint/cig, but people who just smoked smell bad, especially if they've also been drinking alcohol or have been outside in the rain.
__________________


"Be a good teammate."
Fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 04:06 PM   #253 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 42,460
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluff View Post
It's similar to weed smoke, it is tolerable in a room or directly off the joint/cig, but people who just smoked smell bad, especially if they've also been drinking alcohol or have been outside in the rain.
A feature. Not a bug. Don't talk to me. Just wrinkle your nose and turn right the **** around.
__________________
CHINA IS CAPITALIST
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 04:11 PM   #254 (permalink)
Equestrian Sizzle
 
Raime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 289
Default

When I was in Japan they had smoking areas. Get me drunk enough, and I'll help finish your cig if you're trying to cut down, because I care about your lungs enough to destroy mine. <3
__________________
Choice Club Music Journal

Awful trash that I listen to

Awful trash that I own

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I’m a full on fascist. I don’t even give a **** about making sense.

Do you have a black truck?
Raime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 04:12 PM   #255 (permalink)
stay the |fvck| inside
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 33,295
Default

Hotboxes suck too tbh
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 04:25 PM   #256 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 42,460
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raime View Post
When I was in Japan they had smoking areas. Get me drunk enough, and I'll help finish your cig if you're trying to cut down, because I care about your lungs enough to destroy mine. <3
I know it's expensive to live in Tokyo and they don't want me there anyway but I'll find a nice alley to set up shop in and beg for enough to buy smokes and just sit in bars where you can't even smell my unwashed body for all the cig smoke.
__________________
CHINA IS CAPITALIST
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 05:28 PM   #257 (permalink)
Equestrian Sizzle
 
Raime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 289
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I know it's expensive to live in Tokyo and they don't want me there anyway but I'll find a nice alley to set up shop in and beg for enough to buy smokes and just sit in bars where you can't even smell my unwashed body for all the cig smoke.
My friend pays about 600 dollars a month for his apartment. Granted it was small, and I spent a few drunken nights, and hungover mornings there, but living there seems doable if you put in some effort. Dude pretty much charmed his way into a teaching job.

What I meant by my post is that they have different areas in the bars you can smoke, but they have dedicated smoking rooms in hotels and fancy shmancey places too.
__________________
Choice Club Music Journal

Awful trash that I listen to

Awful trash that I own

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I’m a full on fascist. I don’t even give a **** about making sense.

Do you have a black truck?
Raime is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.