whats some good ways to celebrate women history month? - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Games, Lists, Jokes and Polls
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2014, 11:35 AM   #11 (permalink)
The Music Guru.
 
Burning Down's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Beyond the Wall
Posts: 4,858
Default

Buy her a stove and some cookware.
Burning Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 11:55 AM   #12 (permalink)
county fair energy
 
WWWP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,749
Default

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I know what real life is, I've been living in it for well over a decade
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadis View Post
WWWP is pretty but should be cancelled (digital blackface)

#DEMODFROWNLAND
#TERMLIMITSFORMODERATORS
WWWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 01:16 PM   #13 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: freely swimmin thru the waters of glory much like a majestic bald eagle soars thru the skies
Posts: 1,463
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoesntReallyMatter View Post
Give more respect to the women and girls around you?





i signed up on pinterest today
butthead aka 216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 11:19 PM   #14 (permalink)
Maelian
 
ladyislingering's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Seattle
Posts: 695
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by butthead aka 216 View Post
I call it herstory
That's kind of cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoesntReallyMatter View Post
Give more respect to the women and girls around you?
Nailed it.

Also, if the word "feminism" makes you cringe because of things people have told you or whatever you've learned from seeing extremists, educate yourself on what feminism really means to decent people who care about equality and respect for all genders. That's one way.

This is a little off-topic but I get really happy and excited when someone notices the button of Rosie the Riveter (on my work lanyard/badge) because I fully believe that without the women who went to the factories (and did labor-intensive jobs, or just ... well, jobs in general that used to be "men only") during WWII, those gates would still be closed and many ladies wouldn't have the jobs that they do. I have an enormous, deep respect for my elders (specifically senior citizens) because men and women alike have fought for a lot of things we take for granted (like women being able to vote, own property, be CEOs of huge corporations, etc.).

Feminism (in its proper, actual form) is important for everyone.
Women's history is important for everyone.

(Though I'd be even happier if the wage gap were to finally close, and if women could finally have control over their bodies. I'd also be super happy if I never had to worry about getting jumped in dark places, or feel threatened by the behavior of a man, knowing that most people blame women for being assaulted instead of men for assaulting them.)
__________________
You and I,
We were born to die.
ladyislingering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 01:26 AM   #15 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: freely swimmin thru the waters of glory much like a majestic bald eagle soars thru the skies
Posts: 1,463
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyislingering View Post
That's kind of cute.



Nailed it.

Also, if the word "feminism" makes you cringe because of things people have told you or whatever you've learned from seeing extremists, educate yourself on what feminism really means to decent people who care about equality and respect for all genders. That's one way.

This is a little off-topic but I get really happy and excited when someone notices the button of Rosie the Riveter (on my work lanyard/badge) because I fully believe that without the women who went to the factories (and did labor-intensive jobs, or just ... well, jobs in general that used to be "men only") during WWII, those gates would still be closed and many ladies wouldn't have the jobs that they do. I have an enormous, deep respect for my elders (specifically senior citizens) because men and women alike have fought for a lot of things we take for granted (like women being able to vote, own property, be CEOs of huge corporations, etc.).

Feminism (in its proper, actual form) is important for everyone.
Women's history is important for everyone.

(Though I'd be even happier if the wage gap were to finally close, and if women could finally have control over their bodies. I'd also be super happy if I never had to worry about getting jumped in dark places, or feel threatened by the behavior of a man, knowing that most people blame women for being assaulted instead of men for assaulting them.)
of course we would all prefer equality and respect of everyone. but if that involved removin too many jokes from a mans arsenal then consider me out cause humor is the ultimate necessity for life.

indeed feminism has been tainted. mainly by sjw's (social justice warriors), /srs/, tumblr users, jezebel, etc.... i wont go on a super long rant cause my beliefs are known but all these ppl just like bein victims and justifyin their loser lives by discreditin others.

you arent near the level of someone like herm or anythin like that but i still view feminists like urself as too over the top. like you really believe theres some secret agenda to oppress women... like when you say the government sees you as livestock or the reason you cant get ur tubes tied is because ppl think a womans only value is her ovaries.... thats not true, women are good cooks too.

that was a joke, that last line there. my point is that i dont thnk you are one of the extremists i often mock and generally loathe but i also dont think you are viewin things thru a realistic lens either. indeed i cant explain why male surgeons make more than women surgeons but i also dont believe theres a grand scheme to oppress women either.

its nice to talk about equality but its a differnt discussion on how to achieve it. we could give every mexican family enough money so that whites vs mexican family income was equal. itd look like equality but it wouldnt be. the process is more important than the end result. sorry got a lil rambly.
butthead aka 216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 01:30 AM   #16 (permalink)
air quote
 
Engine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: pollen & mold
Posts: 3,108
Default

You should probably figure out why female surgeons make less money than male ones before talking about this any more. At least try.
__________________
Like an arrow,
I was only passing through.
Engine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 01:36 AM   #17 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: freely swimmin thru the waters of glory much like a majestic bald eagle soars thru the skies
Posts: 1,463
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine View Post
You should probably figure out why female surgeons make less money than male ones before talking about this any more. At least try.

is it cause women are too busy thinkin about shoes and commit more malpractice as result?????
butthead aka 216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 01:47 AM   #18 (permalink)
air quote
 
Engine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: pollen & mold
Posts: 3,108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by butthead aka 216 View Post
is it cause women are too busy thinkin about shoes and commit more malpractice as result?????
That's possible, do women really commit more malpractice than men? Probably more malpractice suits are brought against women but, if so, that's likely just due to sexism. I'd bet more male surgeons (per capita) show up for work drunk and high.
__________________
Like an arrow,
I was only passing through.
Engine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 01:49 AM   #19 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: freely swimmin thru the waters of glory much like a majestic bald eagle soars thru the skies
Posts: 1,463
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine View Post
That's possible, do women really commit more malpractice than men? Probably more malpractice suits are brought against women but, if so, that's likely just due to sexism. I'd bet more male surgeons (per capita) show up for work drunk and high.
i bet more women surgeons breast feed
butthead aka 216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 01:54 AM   #20 (permalink)
air quote
 
Engine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: pollen & mold
Posts: 3,108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by butthead aka 216 View Post
i bet more women surgeons breast feed
But I bet more men are thinking about breasts during surgery
__________________
Like an arrow,
I was only passing through.
Engine is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2023 Advameg, Inc.