Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Games, Lists, Jokes and Polls
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2019, 08:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Key
hi
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,024
Default RPG's: Your Preferred Class / Classes

We all know the standard rogue, thief, warriors etc. I'm curious to know what other people tend to default to when it comes to RPG's. If you combine classes feel free to put those as well.

Typically if I'm starting a new game, I tend to go with a warrior or a balanced class or something so I can get to know the game. Then I start to combine different things. Like an archer and thief etc. Or a sniper who's really good at stealth.

And if you want to include the specific stats you go for, that's ok too. I once did a Fallout 4 character with a special interest in security and lockpicking.
__________________

CWH
Key is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 09:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Who wants this dick?
 
Dharma & Greg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 36,015
Default

I mean it's kinda different for different games. If we're talking a game like Fallout or Elder Scrolls then sneak archer/sniper 4 absolute life and I feel weird playing differently. If we're talking an ARPG then all classes are up for grabs cause I want to dick around with all the things, though ranged characters and abilities always have sway with me. And... how many other kinds of RPGs are so class specific?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin & Hobbes
To evaluate my character my immediate pleasure is being pitted against my future greed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
Dharma & Greg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 09:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Do good.
 
Blarobbarg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 1,844
Default

I almost exclusively go for charismatic characters who can get by with a smile, and if possible, do anything that increases my luck. After that I typically focus on survivability... high armor class is a must.

Because of this, my damage dealing usually takes a back seat. I find myself in support roles more often than not, which is fine. How I support changes by the game. Sometimes I’m a sneaky sneak with other skills, sometimes I’m a face, other times a tank. Ideally, I’m something in between the three. And most ideally, I roll way more 20’s than anybody else because of feats or something else than increases my luck.
__________________
https://rateyourmusic.com/~Blarobbarg

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ ^my RYM^  。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

(◠‿◠✿)
Blarobbarg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 12:24 AM   #4 (permalink)
Key
hi
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,024
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharma & Greg View Post
I mean it's kinda different for different games. If we're talking a game like Fallout or Elder Scrolls then sneak archer/sniper 4 absolute life and I feel weird playing differently. If we're talking an ARPG then all classes are up for grabs cause I want to dick around with all the things, though ranged characters and abilities always have sway with me. And... how many other kinds of RPGs are so class specific?
I had Bethesda style games in mind when I made this thread so that's sort of where I'm coming from. I just wanted to keep it broad tho I kinda get why that wouldn't work.

I've come to really love ranged and mage characters if I have the choice. Playing through Div 2 I had a blast with my mage and archer. Both were ****ing strong and had such cool weapons and abilities.
__________________

CWH
Key is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 12:25 AM   #5 (permalink)
Key
hi
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,024
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blarobbarg View Post
I almost exclusively go for charismatic characters who can get by with a smile, and if possible, do anything that increases my luck. After that I typically focus on survivability... high armor class is a must.

Because of this, my damage dealing usually takes a back seat. I find myself in support roles more often than not, which is fine. How I support changes by the game. Sometimes Iím a sneaky sneak with other skills, sometimes Iím a face, other times a tank. Ideally, Iím something in between the three. And most ideally, I roll way more 20ís than anybody else because of feats or something else than increases my luck.
Charisma and Intelligence are really fun to **** around with. I've had fun with that many times. Mix that with a really ****ed up looking character and it just adds to the fun.
__________________

CWH
Key is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 12:33 AM   #6 (permalink)
miserable shrew
 
WWWP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,783
Default

I always lean toward charisma and strength/magic to begin with. It's the Gryffindor in me.
__________________
spotify.
soundcloud.
WWWP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 01:47 AM   #7 (permalink)
Girls,Cars,Guitars
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 8,636
Default

who boots up a fantasy game to pretend to be able to talk to people

is it that much of a fantasy irl
__________________
Just another marketing ploy
Quote:
I've got a woman mean as she can be
sometimes I think, she's almost as mean as me
elphenor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 02:38 AM   #8 (permalink)
2 MA1NSTR3AM 4 U
 
MicShazam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Aalborg
Posts: 7,351
Default

I like fancy classes, but often find basic classes to play better in various RPG's.

The RPG I've played that had the most fun classes was Realms of Arkania 3. Not only your usual warriors, mages and rangers, but also sub classes like vikings, witches and more questionably useful classes like druids and jesters. The game used 6 character teams and had more skills than any other RPG I've seen. Even stuff like haggling, searching for herbs and rope handling. My favorite thing in the game was that witch class spell that caused enemies to leave battle with "a sudden craving for strawberries". All other RPGs I've played feel comparatively restrained
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 04:18 AM   #9 (permalink)
Who wants this dick?
 
Dharma & Greg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 36,015
Default

****ing noted.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin & Hobbes
To evaluate my character my immediate pleasure is being pitted against my future greed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
Dharma & Greg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 06:00 AM   #10 (permalink)
Do good.
 
Blarobbarg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 1,844
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
who boots up a fantasy game to pretend to be able to talk to people

is it that much of a fantasy irl
I was also including tabletop RPGs. I happen to like looking at people and making jokes about dragon dicks in person.
__________________
https://rateyourmusic.com/~Blarobbarg

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ ^my RYM^  。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

(◠‿◠✿)
Blarobbarg is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.