Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

View Poll Results: Wot type of music is most popular at the moment?
Bubblegum Pop 5 16.67%
Rock 9 30.00%
Indie 3 10.00%
Hip Hop 9 30.00%
RnB 2 6.67%
Classical 1 3.33%
Dance 1 3.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2006, 11:03 AM   #81 (permalink)
Kurt Cobain's disciple
 
ShOwTiM3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: St-Hyacinthe, Quebec
Posts: 107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicebox
I think indie's a genre the same way emo's a genre.
Oh my... so elaborate. I'm confuse, I have an headache.
__________________
Like a phoenix ignition, like a crematorium
Like a swelling volition, from the barrel of a gun
From the ashes and the embers, like a rocket I'll ascend
Like a cry gone up for a fallen friend
ShOwTiM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 11:05 AM   #82 (permalink)
The Sexual Intellectual
 
Urban Hat€monger ?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Somewhere cooler than you
Posts: 18,447
Default

Indie is the most pointless genre ever.

It just tends to mean any white guitar band who doesn`t play metal these days
__________________



Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 11:31 AM   #83 (permalink)
hiu
Account Disabled
 
hiu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,174
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicebox
I think indie's a genre the same way emo's a genre. I mean come on, emo = emotional. Therefore, isn't all music emo?

Independant labels are getting kind of huge, too. Ex. Epitaph.
Emo = emotional hardcore.
hiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 02:29 PM   #84 (permalink)
that's my war face.
 
TrampInaTux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,418
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger
Indie is the most pointless genre ever.

It just tends to mean any white guitar band who doesn`t play metal these days
Indie means music on an Independent label. It's just people have blown it out of context and are calling everything indie. It's not pointless, it's actually one of the best genres of music on the planet today. It provides good talent that's just waiting to be discovered, and lets a band grow without being under the watchful eye of things like MTV that basically convert a band into being another clone.
TrampInaTux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 02:34 PM   #85 (permalink)
The Sexual Intellectual
 
Urban Hat€monger ?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Somewhere cooler than you
Posts: 18,447
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobojesus
Indie means music on an Independent label. It's just people have blown it out of context and are calling everything indie. It's not pointless, it's actually one of the best genres of music on the planet today. It provides good talent that's just waiting to be discovered, and lets a band grow without being under the watchful eye of things like MTV that basically convert a band into being another clone.
15 years ago you would have had a point
__________________



Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 02:52 PM   #86 (permalink)
!!!
 
incesticide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Merrimac, Massachusetts
Posts: 70
Default

When isn't bubblegum pop played on the radio. Or hip hop. Or whatever.
In my eyes, its mainly all the same. No matter what the classification threads say here, they all produce the same ty music to me.
__________________
why be famous?
be
infamous.
incesticide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 10:18 AM   #87 (permalink)
that's my war face.
 
TrampInaTux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,418
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by incesticide
When isn't bubblegum pop played on the radio. Or hip hop. Or whatever.
In my eyes, its mainly all the same. No matter what the classification threads say here, they all produce the same ty music to me.
Yeah, because Classical is SO like Bubblegum Pop. Anyway Urban, there is still plenty of undiscovered talent out there, making a name for themselves on the Indie circuit now. It's just that Indie has become more popular recently, with the kind of people that watch MTV even watching over it, waiting to see if any 'r0xxorz bandz' are out there that the TV doesn't play. There are plenty of the 'so-called' Indie bands that HAVE a major record label yet the idiots still call them Indie. But there is also the 'proper' indie music that can be found. It's like Dance. You have the sh*tty Dance songs that appear on MTV and the like, but then you get the better less mainstream Dance in the clubs.
TrampInaTux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 10:54 AM   #88 (permalink)
The Sexual Intellectual
 
Urban Hat€monger ?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Somewhere cooler than you
Posts: 18,447
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobojesus
Yeah, because Classical is SO like Bubblegum Pop. Anyway Urban, there is still plenty of undiscovered talent out there, making a name for themselves on the Indie circuit now. It's just that Indie has become more popular recently, with the kind of people that watch MTV even watching over it, waiting to see if any 'r0xxorz bandz' are out there that the TV doesn't play. There are plenty of the 'so-called' Indie bands that HAVE a major record label yet the idiots still call them Indie. But there is also the 'proper' indie music that can be found. It's like Dance. You have the sh*tty Dance songs that appear on MTV and the like, but then you get the better less mainstream Dance in the clubs.
It`s not happened recently hence my 15 years comment. All thoughtout the 90s major labels were putting bands on their own subsiduary lables to give them 'indie appeal'.The whole thing is a load of bollocks , you can`t judge bands by which record labels they`re on.
__________________



Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 10:59 AM   #89 (permalink)
Me llamo Marijan
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 6,983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungalowbill357
Wow. Explosions, stop while you are ahead. You are just like every other kid who belives that they have impecable music taste, because you trash rap music, and worship classic rock. You are not original. Your taste in music is not new.
i actually DO have impecable taste in music...i thought that was made clear to all youz by now....
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 11:02 AM   #90 (permalink)
that's my war face.
 
TrampInaTux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,418
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger
It`s not happened recently hence my 15 years comment. All thoughtout the 90s major labels were putting bands on their own subsiduary lables to give them 'indie appeal'.The whole thing is a load of bollocks , you can`t judge bands by which record labels they`re on.
I didn't know about that. But to be honest that's exactly the same as punk-bands not wearing big brand clothes or appearing on big name shows because they want to look punk. I think that's pointless aswell. Surely the Punk way is not giving a dam about what other people think, so they shouldn't give a dam about what the punk fans think if they suddenly appear on Saturday Night Live or wear some Nike trainers. I like Punk music, but the whole punk ethos is stupid and childish to me.
TrampInaTux is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.