Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2015, 10:12 PM   #7431 (permalink)
ʕº̫͡ºʔ ʕº̫͡ºʔ ʕº̫͡ºʔ
 
bulbasaur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 729
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigantic Debaser View Post
The "Neighbours" function was a fun little feature that I'm also missing in he new layout, although not as essential as the Taste-o-meter, I'm sure (though that was a part of it)

I hope the site gets their act together soon and adds some of the old features back. And though it may be too soon to pass jugdement on the new site, they still shouldn't have launched it in this state. It'd be better if the new layout was optional until they got past the beta stage, I think.
there's confirmation (?) here about the neighbours feature returning and here about the compatibility meter returning
__________________
last.fm
bulbasaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 10:14 PM   #7432 (permalink)
Engorged Member
 
sidewinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 5,536
Default

I was about to say that I haven't had any problems Scrobbling since the site update, but I just looked at the site and none of today's plays via iTunes are showing up on the site. The last scrobbles are from Friday morning via Spotify - and everything was fine prior to that in the first few days of the site update. Looking back I'm not sure that my iPhone plays have synced over the last few days, even though the last.fm client prompted me when it picked up new plays after syncing my phone. Guess I should use Spotify.

Fucking wankers.
__________________
last.fm | my collection on RYM | vinyl instagram @allthatyouseeandhear
I'd love to see your signature/links too, but the huge and obnoxious ones have caused me to block all signatures.
sidewinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 10:50 AM   #7433 (permalink)
satan in the fire
 
Goofle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Miami is the place
Posts: 11,427
Default

I've had to re-install the app about 10 times over the last few days.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 07:20 AM   #7434 (permalink)
satan in the fire
 
Goofle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Miami is the place
Posts: 11,427
Default

__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 12:29 PM   #7435 (permalink)
Engorged Member
 
sidewinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 5,536
Default

They've essentially stripped the social aspect of the site and I'm finding it a lot less interesting. Still scrobbling, but...meh.
__________________
last.fm | my collection on RYM | vinyl instagram @allthatyouseeandhear
I'd love to see your signature/links too, but the huge and obnoxious ones have caused me to block all signatures.
sidewinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 12:46 PM   #7436 (permalink)
.
 
Overcast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: .
Posts: 1,526
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder View Post
They've essentially stripped the social aspect of the site and I'm finding it a lot less interesting. Still scrobbling, but...meh.
Yeah, that and the actual statistics being made less readily available and no longer instantly accessible within the profile all in one page also sucks. Not sure who thought replacing the 5-50 charts with a few pictures and deleting the paste your taste and other social aspects was a good idea. I don't even like the pages that show the statistics now, too claustrophobic and too much page scrolling. Zooming out to 75% kind of helps, but not really. Still scrobbling as well, but looking at the gigantic decline in activity since they launched this crapfest might be the final nail in the coffin. On the bright side, the new version of the compatibility meter they just added is nice and having top albums on the profile is cool. They seem to be changing things and adding back things that were deleted very slowly.
Overcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 02:00 PM   #7437 (permalink)
Engorged Member
 
sidewinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 5,536
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overcast View Post
Yeah, that and the actual statistics being made less readily available and no longer instantly accessible within the profile all in one page also sucks. Not sure who thought replacing the 5-50 charts with a few pictures and deleting the paste your taste and other social aspects was a good idea. I don't even like the pages that show the statistics now, too claustrophobic and too much page scrolling. Zooming out to 75% kind of helps, but not really. Still scrobbling as well, but looking at the gigantic decline in activity since they launched this crapfest might be the final nail in the coffin. On the bright side, the new version of the compatibility meter they just added is nice and having top albums on the profile is cool. They seem to be changing things and adding back things that were deleted very slowly.
I hadn't seen the updated compatibility meter until you mentioned it. Looks nice, but I'm a lot less likely to run across it as there are no links to my "followers" and their activity from my profile. I have to go dig for people, I'd rather have some sort of activity feed.

Really I just wish Spotify would buy last.fm at this point. That's where I listen to music (in addition to the music on my phone, iTunes and vinyl at home), and there's actually an activity feed there, even if it needs improvements. And a way to interact.
__________________
last.fm | my collection on RYM | vinyl instagram @allthatyouseeandhear
I'd love to see your signature/links too, but the huge and obnoxious ones have caused me to block all signatures.
sidewinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 09:38 AM   #7438 (permalink)
satan in the fire
 
Goofle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Miami is the place
Posts: 11,427
Default



7 days
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 10:00 AM   #7439 (permalink)
be excellent 2 each other
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: North of Antarctica
Posts: 32,661
Default

__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 08:07 AM   #7440 (permalink)
satan in the fire
 
Goofle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Miami is the place
Posts: 11,427
Default

7 days



__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.